HELP: Indecisive - I think I need TRT but I want to have babies

Buy Lab Tests Online

BSS91

Hi,

32 years old male here, I did 4 tests in the past 2 years and all of them go from 200 to 350, so in the lower end of the range. I have low fsh and low lh. Enclomiphene has not resolved my symptoms.

I exercise 4 times a week on average: circuit training with weights, sometimes I run, sometimes I sprint. I do it MAINLY for mental health reasons. After my sessions I generally feel a 5 or 6 out of 10 in terms of mood. Generally I am between 2 to 4 out of 10. When something challenging happens in life, I generally collapse and have a feeling that I am too weak to live life.

I am very sensitive, cling a lot, have general anxiety, depression and sleep issues. Sometimes I have glimpses of what a healthy man is supposed to feel like but not enough times. It is also taking a toll on our marriage.

I love my spouse a lot, but my mental state has been a heavy bag to carry for her and for me. With all of this, you would say: Go on TRT man and stop hesitating. BUT, my wife wants kids, her dream is to start a family and mine too.

I read a lot and from what I have read, the most reasonnable way to do this would be this:

- Start with low dose testosterone and hcg and go up if needed. I find it reasonnable to start low.

I think this will limit side effects and can help my body adjust more easily.

So I was thinking of starting with 70-80 mg of Test per week, with 500 iu of hcg divided in two doses per week. And in a few months, when we are ready to try to have a kid, I can add HMG if needed.

So what do you think?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

So I was thinking of starting with 70-80 mg of Test per week, with 500 iu of hcg divided in two doses per week. And in a few months, when we are ready to try to have a kid, I can add HMG if needed.

So what do you think?
This would have been my recommendation, looks like a good plan to me.

I would however recommend adding FSH down the road if needed instead of HGH.

BSS91

This would have been my recommendation, looks like a good plan to me.

I would however recommend adding FSH down the road if needed instead of HGH.

Okay brother, however I wrote HMG, not HGH, or am i missing something?

From what I read, HMG would be a FSH stimulator…

madman

Super Moderator
Hi,

32 years old male here, I did 4 tests in the past 2 years and all of them go from 200 to 350, so in the lower end of the range. I have low fsh and low lh. Enclomiphene has not resolved my symptoms.

I exercise 4 times a week on average: circuit training with weights, sometimes I run, sometimes I sprint. I do it MAINLY for mental health reasons. After my sessions I generally feel a 5 or 6 out of 10 in terms of mood. Generally I am between 2 to 4 out of 10. When something challenging happens in life, I generally collapse and have a feeling that I am too weak to live life.

I am very sensitive, cling a lot, have general anxiety, depression and sleep issues. Sometimes I have glimpses of what a healthy man is supposed to feel like but not enough times. It is also taking a toll on our marriage.

I love my spouse a lot, but my mental state has been a heavy bag to carry for her and for me. With all of this, you would say: Go on TRT man and stop hesitating. BUT, my wife wants kids, her dream is to start a family and mine too.

I read a lot and from what I have read, the most reasonnable way to do this would be this:

- Start with low dose testosterone and hcg and go up if needed. I find it reasonnable to start low.

So what do you think?

Welcome to Nelson's domain!

The smarter move would have been to have a baseline SA (semen analysis) done before jumping on exogenous T.

Freezing sperm is another option.

Yes, you can remain fertile while on TRT.

madman

Super Moderator
Hi,

So what do you think?

Go nuts!

post #6

Guided_by_Voices

Several things...You appear to be a good candidate for the techniques which supplement Testosterone in short-acting forms that apparently don't completely suppress your natural production. @Cataceous has posted quite a bit on that topic. Also, there are other things like chronic infections, nutrient deficiencies or imbalances, thyroid issues and other things which can cause your symptoms also and potentially suppress T, so having a good holistic doc do a work-up could be a good option. I agree with the freezing sperm suggestion. Also, I would avoid anything that can create chronic stress, and while working out is generally good, in your state I would avoid doing sets to failure and instead do multiple sets stopping short of failure but increasing your overall workload. Low-level activity like walking also good. Good luck.

BSS91

Several things...You appear to be a good candidate for the techniques which supplement Testosterone in short-acting forms that apparently don't completely suppress your natural production. @Cataceous has posted quite a bit on that topic. Also, there are other things like chronic infections, nutrient deficiencies or imbalances, thyroid issues and other things which can cause your symptoms also and potentially suppress T, so having a good holistic doc do a work-up could be a good option. I agree with the freezing sperm suggestion. Also, I would avoid anything that can create chronic stress, and while working out is generally good, in your state I would avoid doing sets to failure and instead do multiple sets stopping short of failure but increasing your overall workload. Low-level activity like walking also good. Good luck.
Thanks brother. I will take the advice of not training to failure, seems to make sense.

My TSH, T3, T4 all are in normal range so a thyroid issue is excluded.

The thing is and thinking about it over the years, my low T symptoms are present since a young age.

In my teens I was always the skinny guy with a bit of belly fat, having erectile issues, was not feeling great.

I think I was around 450-500 in my teens which is laughable considering we should feel in our prime at that age. I recovered better than nowadays but my friends would be blow up when they trained whereas I would have half their results with the same amount of work.

I am more than interested about what you suggested about short acting Test without much of the suppression.

What is this about? I went to the person’s profile that you talked about but there are too many topics and I can t seem to pinpoint what you are talking about…

madman

Super Moderator
What do you think of HMG guys?

Go with the cheaper option (rFSH/hMG)!

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks brother. I will take the advice of not training to failure, seems to make sense.

My TSH, T3, T4 all are in normal range so a thyroid issue is excluded.

The thing is and thinking about it over the years, my low T symptoms are present since a young age.

In my teens I was always the skinny guy with a bit of belly fat, having erectile issues, was not feeling great.

I think I was around 450-500 in my teens which is laughable considering we should feel in our prime at that age. I recovered better than nowadays but my friends would be blow up when they trained whereas I would have half their results with the same amount of work.

I am more than interested about what you suggested about short acting Test without much of the suppression.

What is this about? I went to the person’s profile that you talked about but there are too many topics and I can t seem to pinpoint what you are talking about…

Sums it up!

Sift through these threads when you have time!

BSS91

Honestly it seems to be very complicated. Researching for years about TRT and it seems more and more complicated.

People saying that after 6 months, life changing benefits, started to get anxiety attacks, insomnia and not even doing a high dose testosterone, then others saying pregnolone and dhea can help with that etc etc

It seems that for a life long treatment, too many variables need to align to truly feel therapeutic effects. At this point I feel trapped, I never thought it would be like a magic pill, but at least making me feel a bit more normal. With my actual mental state I always try to work out, eat healthy, pray etc etc etc it is not like I m a couch potato wanting a quick fix.

But here I can easily see myself being incredibly benefited from the therapy and then all of a sudden having something wrong and needing to compensate with a bunch of other stuff etc etc

I don`t know if this is my low testosterone self overthinking it or if it is truly a real concern....

I am just tired of feeling this way, I want out

Guided_by_Voices

Honestly it seems to be very complicated. Researching for years about TRT and it seems more and more complicated.

People saying that after 6 months, life changing benefits, started to get anxiety attacks, insomnia and not even doing a high dose testosterone, then others saying pregnolone and dhea can help with that etc etc

It seems that for a life long treatment, too many variables need to align to truly feel therapeutic effects. At this point I feel trapped, I never thought it would be like a magic pill, but at least making me feel a bit more normal. With my actual mental state I always try to work out, eat healthy, pray etc etc etc it is not like I m a couch potato wanting a quick fix.

But here I can easily see myself being incredibly benefited from the therapy and then all of a sudden having something wrong and needing to compensate with a bunch of other stuff etc etc

I don`t know if this is my low testosterone self overthinking it or if it is truly a real concern....

I am just tired of feeling this way, I want out
It's likely both. You're going to have to take some actions at some point and see what happens and adjust from there, which all of us here have had to do. Nature has had millions of years to create our hormonal profile so trying to self-manage it is understandably non-trivial. That said, I strongly suggest turning the situation around and having gratitude that the resources (such as the help available on sites like this and the compounds themselves) exist to make an attempt. Even though things have regressed a little bit in the last few years, we are still living in a golden age for hormone-related health and the information that is available for health in general, which most people seem to have no awareness or appreciation for. Many of the things we use here were not available as recently as the early 2000's so most people had little or options before that. Find a way to be at peace with uncertainty (you can ask for peace and guidance as part of your prayer practice) and then move forward in a low-risk direction, and improve from there.

BSS91

It's likely both. You're going to have to take some actions at some point and see what happens and adjust from there, which all of us here have had to do. Nature has had millions of years to create our hormonal profile so trying to self-manage it is understandably non-trivial. That said, I strongly suggest turning the situation around and having gratitude that the resources (such as the help available on sites like this and the compounds themselves) exist to make an attempt. Even though things have regressed a little bit in the last few years, we are still living in a golden age for hormone-related health and the information that is available for health in general, which most people seem to have no awareness or appreciation for. Many of the things we use here were not available as recently as the early 2000's so most people had little or options before that. Find a way to be at peace with uncertainty (you can ask for peace and guidance as part of your prayer practice) and then move forward in a low-risk direction, and improve from there.
Great reminder, thank you buddy

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching