Question about Test and dosing

Buy Lab Tests Online

CanadaJim

Does exogenous testosterone, no matter the dose completely shut down the natural production of testosterone. I was talking to a physician about this at one time and he said no it doesn't. But that is in contrast to a number of articles I've come across. If a person (say age 53) self prescribes with the intent of "topping up" testosterone levels to a more youthful state, would a low dose regime do more harm than good?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It's not actually an all-or-nothing proposition, but most TRT does result in a complete HPTA shutdown. A simplified way to look at it is that the body regulates to make a particular amount of testosterone every day. In normal men this ranges from 3 to 9 milligrams a day. If you introduce exogenous testosterone then the body reduces its own production in an attempt to maintain that particular total amount it wants for the day. If you're an average guy who naturally makes 6 mg of testosterone per day and you start taking 3 mg of testosterone per day then your natural production will decline by at least 3 mg. The non-physiological character of the exogenous testosterone can cause the loss of a greater amount of endogenous production, so you can be worse off. Additionally, most TRT is overdosed, providing more than the maximum of 9 mg daily that is naturally produced—this is equivalent to 90 mg testosterone cypionate per week, and the average is in fact closer to 60 mg per week.

By this general principle it is pointless to try to "top up". There are exceptions. Short acting testosterone can provide bursts of higher testosterone that do not last long enough to cause significant HPTA suppression. An example with supporting research is Nastesto, a nasal gel.

madman

Super Moderator
Does exogenous testosterone, no matter the dose completely shut down the natural production of testosterone. I was talking to a physician about this at one time and he said no it doesn't. But that is in contrast to a number of articles I've come across. If a person (say age 53) self prescribes with the intent of "topping up" testosterone levels to a more youthful state, would a low dose regime do more harm than good?

Does exogenous testosterone, no matter the dose completely shut down the natural production of testosterone.

The use of exogenous testosterone in the doses needed in order to replace physiological levels will result in the shutdown of the hpta.

When it comes to trt there are numerous forms such as pellets, oral, patch, transdermal gels/creams, buccal, intranasal, injections (subcutaneous/intramuscular).

Other than intranasal (Natesto) all other forms of replacement therapy will result in the shutdown of the hpta.

I was talking to a physician about this at one time and he said no it doesn't.

Out to lunch!

If a person (say age 53) self prescribes with the intent of "topping up" testosterone levels to a more youthful state, would a low dose regime do more harm than good?

Would not recommend that someone self prescribes as this should be supervised by an experienced physician.

The goal of trt is to replace physiological levels of testosterone through the use of exogenous testosterone in order to achieve a healthy TT/FT level which will result in the relief/improvement of low-t symptoms while at the same time minimizing/avoiding any potential side-effects (cosmetic/overall health) while keeping blood markers healthy long-term.

Blood work is critical!

Let alone one who chooses to take the short cut route of self treating using UGL gear is taking a chance as it can be unsterile, under-dose, over-dosed, a completely different compound other than testosterone or bunk!

There would be no harm in replacing physiological levels.

Healthy testosterone levels and more importantly its metabolites DHT/estradiol are needed in order to experience the full spectrum of beneficial effects on mood/energy/libido/erectile function/recovery, metabolism, cardiovascular health, bone health, immune system, healthy body composition (increased muscle and fat loss).

Common and expected side-effects would be shut-down of the hpta, testicular atrophy, reduced ejaculate volume, and reduced fertility which can be avoided with the use of low dose hCG although the hpta will still be shutdown.

Increased RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit is a given and the form of replacement used, serum T levels achieved, age of the patient, the dose T used/protocol will have a big impact which can be managed through blood donations or maintaining descent T levels (not too high).

Increased oily skin/acne (genetically prone), increased body/facial hair (common), male pattern baldness (genetically prone), gynecomastia (genetically prone), water retention (common).

madman

Super Moderator

TESTOSTERONE, HPG AXIS, AND GONADOTROPINS

When discussing T therapy with patients, fertility, and family planning are important considerations, because treatment with injectable and topical T products increases the risk of oligo- or azoospermia and infertility (12). Treatment with exogenous T that maintains serum T levels in the mid normal range suppresses the pituitary gonadotropins, LH, and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), to nearly undetectable levels, resulting in impaired sperm production (10).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me