Should I start TRT? Low lh, fsh, low T, normal prolactin and TSH, T3, T4

Buy Lab Tests Online

BSS91

Hi guys,

Sorry for the second thread but I felt I needed to separate both of my enquiries.

I have LH and FSH AND Test in the low end of the normal range.

LH: 1.04 (1-10)
FSH: 3 (2-10)
Test: 4 (2-12)

I heard that since my prolactin levels are normal, and I have no visual disturbances, I don t need a pituitary MRI.

Now the general advice is to start HCG however I am scared of E2 side effects…

Since I want to have kids possibly in the next year, what would you propose?

Thank you

PS: Thyroid function seems to be normal with TSH, T3 and T4 are in normal ranges.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

High estrogen symptoms are overblown. It seems symptoms gets blamed on estrogen and not sky high testosterone, can't be that! Too many androgens can make men feel amped up, and can cause mood disturbances and make sleep difficult.

Most of the side effects are from jacking your testosterone too high -> TRT can affect the way the kidneys absorb sodium which can cause fluid retention. This is where most of the symptoms are coming from as this can raise your blood pressure.
I would start 80 mg Test, hCG 500 IU twice weekly, and possibly FSH when you're trying for kids. I would inject the Test (40 mg) twice weekly, along with the hCG.

Last edited:

BSS91

High estrogen symptoms are overblown. It seems g gets blamed on estrogen and not sky high testosterone, can't be that. Too many androgens can make men feel amped up, and can cause mood disturbances and make sleep difficult.

Most of the side effects are from jacking your testosterone too high -> TRT can affect the way the kidneys absorb sodium which can cause fluid retention. This is where most of the symptoms are coming from as this can raise your blood pressure.

I would start 80 mg Test, hCG 500 IU twice weekly, and possibly FSH when you're trying for kids. I would inject the Test (40 mg) twice weekly, along with the hCG.
Thank you brother, very helpful as usual :)

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi guys,

Sorry for the second thread but I felt I needed to separate both of my enquiries.

I heard that since my prolactin levels are normal, and I have no visual disturbances, I don t need a pituitary MRI.

Thank you

PS: Thyroid function seems to be normal with TSH, T3 and T4 are in normal ranges.
So your plan is to start a hcg protocol with no testosterone added in.

BSS91

So your plan is to start a hcg protocol with no testosterone added in.
So that is the thing. I read many manyyyy reports of hcg monotherapy not working and even when it does, because of tolerance and desensitization, stops working with many side effects + the withdrawals when stopping…

I was going to start hcg monotherapy last september but got turned off by this. I honestly want to reduce the risks of feeling more like shit. My wife has already suffered a lot because of my state, I don t want to add more to her.

I figured since Test + hcg, especially when both ARE truly started in a therapeuric way seem to help a lot of guys, it can t be worse than what I feel right now.

The protocol I have in mind takes in to account that at the beginning I am still going to produce my own test so I think of starting at 80 mg test + 500 iu hcg divided by two and then after a few weeks bump it to 90-100 mg test and keep the 500 iu hcg

madman

Super Moderator
So that is the thing. I read many manyyyy reports of hcg monotherapy not working and even when it does, because of tolerance and desensitization, stops working with many side effects + the withdrawals when stopping…

I was going to start hcg monotherapy last september but got turned off by this. I honestly want to reduce the risks of feeling more like shit. My wife has already suffered a lot because of my state, I don t want to add more to her.

I figured since Test + hcg, especially when both ARE truly started in a therapeuric way seem to help a lot of guys, it can t be worse than what I feel right now.

The protocol I have in mind takes in to account that at the beginning I am still going to produce my own test so I think of starting at 80 mg test + 500 iu hcg divided by two and then after a few weeks bump it to 90-100 mg test and keep the 500 iu hcg

You are not understanding how this works.

Pick a protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) and stick with it.

We do not increase the dose 2 weeks in.

The shutdown of the hpta is a given when using exogenous T.

Nateso T gel is the only formulation that will cause the least suppression of the hpta due to the PK/dosing protocol.

More sensible to start on a T-only protocol as we want to see how your body reacts to testosterone.

Ancillaries such as hCG can eventually be added in if need be.

Again the main reason for the addition of hCG is to preserve ITT (intra-testicular testosterone) which will help preserve/maintain fertility and minimize/prevent testicular atrophy.

I understand you are eager and preserving/maintaining fertility is your goal so you want to throw it in off the hop.

The downfall here is if you run into any issues you are not going to know if it is from the T or hCG let alone where such a dose of T is going to have your trough TT, FT, and estradiol as the addition of hCG can drive up T and E.

As we always say on here start low and go slow on a T-only protocol.

Much easier going up than coming down if need be.

Patience is key!

madman

Super Moderator
Hi guys,

Thank you

You need a more thorough set of labs.

When posting labs always include the reference ranges/units/assays (TT, FT, and estradiol).

Keep in mind that although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

You are missing SHBG, estradiol, and FT let alone a CBC which includes critical blood markers (RBCs, hemoglobin, and hematocrit).

BSS91

You are not understanding how this works.

Pick a protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) and stick with it.

We do not increase the dose 2 weeks in.

The shutdown of the hpta is a given when using exogenous T.

Nateso T gel is the only formulation that will cause the least suppression of the hpta due to the PK/dosing protocol.

More sensible to start on a T-only protocol as we want to see how your body reacts to testosterone.

Ancillaries such as hCG can eventually be added in if need be.

Again the main reason for the addition of hCG is to preserve ITT (intra-testicular testosterone) which will help preserve/maintain fertility and minimize/prevent testicular atrophy.

I understand you are eager and preserving/maintaining fertility is your goal so you want to throw it in off the hop.

The downfall here is if you run into any issues you are not going to know if it is from the T or hCG let alone where such a dose of T is going to have your trough TT, FT, and estradiol as the addition of hCG can drive up T and E.

As we always say on here start low and go slow on a T-only protocol.

Much easier going up than coming down if need be.

Patience is key!
Yes I am all for starting low, the only reason I said increase after a few weeks is because I ve seen many guys not feeling that good after a few weeks because their own production of testosterone stops and so the accumulation of their own + the exogenous of the first few weeks is no longer there...

What do you think?

BSS91

You need a more thorough set of labs.

When posting labs always include the reference ranges/units/assays (TT, FT, and estradiol).

Keep in mind that although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

You are missing SHBG, estradiol, and FT let alone a CBC which includes critical blood markers (RBCs, hemoglobin, and hematocrit).
Okay perfect this is exactly the type of post I was looking for. I have all of those except SHBG so I will specifically ask for it to be added

madman

Super Moderator
Yes I am all for starting low, the only reason I said increase after a few weeks is because I ve seen many guys not feeling that good after a few weeks because their own production of testosterone stops and so the accumulation of their own + the exogenous of the first few weeks is no longer there...

What do you think?

Hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks TC/TE) and it is common for many to experience ups/downs during the transition as the body is trying to adjust.

Would not get too caught up on the shutdown of the hpta over the following weeks as a descent starting T dose is all that matters.

The standard starting dose is 100 mg T once weekly and many may fare better splitting the weekly dose and injecting twice weekly.

Some may choose to start a little lower and again split your weekly dose into twice-weekly which clips the peak--->trough and results in more stable blood levels throughout the week.

Pick a sensible starting protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) and stick with it!

Get labs done at the 6-week mark so you can see where said protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) has your trough TT, FT, estradiol let alone other blood markers SHBG, and CBC which includes RBCs, hemoglobin, and hematocrit.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me