IM Testosterone Given SubQ

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Jesus Christ that is highway robbery. The only reason they created that dumb Xyosted is so they can charge 10x what plain ole T enth cost. It’s just a money grab from some Pharma company.

You have had your head up in those forums that are littered upon the internet to think such.

Sure making a profit $$$ plays a big part but is far from the main reason why the Xyosted (testosterone enanthate) auto-injector was brought to the market.

Antares Receives FDA Approval of Xyosted™ (Testosterone Enanthate) Injection for Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Adult Males

A Novel Subcutaneous Auto-Injector Product Approved For Once-Weekly At-Home Therapy

EWING, N.J., Oct. 01, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Antares Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATRS) today announced the approval of XYOSTED™ (testosterone enanthate) injection by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). XYOSTED™ is the first FDA approved subcutaneous testosterone enanthate product for once-weekly, at-home self-administration with an easy-to-use, single-dose, disposable QuickShot® auto-injector. XYOSTED™ has been approved in three dosage strengths, 50 mg, 75 mg, and 100 mg and is indicated for testosterone replacement therapy in adult males for conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone (see Indications and Usage below).​

“Today’s FDA approval of XYOSTED is a significant milestone for Antares. XYOSTED expands our branded portfolio of combination drug/device products and continues to highlight our passion and commitment to providing high-quality therapies that improve patient care,” said Robert F. Apple, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. “XYOSTED, the first subcutaneous auto-injector product designed for testosterone replacement therapy will soon be available for adult males diagnosed with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone. Published data from the XYOSTED phase three studies have shown our product to be easy to use and virtually pain-free while providing steady testosterone levels.” He concluded, “We believe XYOSTED significantly enhances a testosterone deficient patient’s option for treatment, and I am proud of our team’s success in developing and bringing to market this novel product. We will now begin the process of onboarding sales representatives and expect to make XYOSTED available to patients before the end of this year.”​

Jed C. Kaminetsky, MD, a urologist at University Urology Associates, Medical Director of Manhattan Medical Research, clinical assistant professor of urology at New York University School of Medicine and principal investigator in the XYOSTED pivotal studies said, A once-weekly, at-home, subcutaneously administered testosterone product represents an exciting new treatment option for men suffering from hypogonadism.” He continued, “The subcutaneous dosing of XYOSTED also removes transfer concerns commonly associated with gels and potentially reduces the need for in-office injection procedures that may require more frequent patient visits. XYOSTED has been clinically shown to produce physiologically normal levels of testosterone with a narrow peak-to-trough ratio.”

XYOSTED enters the testosterone replacement therapy market where approximately 6.5 million retail prescriptions were filled in 2017, according to data from Symphony Health Solutions. The majority of the prescriptions written were for injectable (66%) and topical (32%) testosterone products.​

Easy to say it is about the money when you and many in the know are experienced/comfortable using the more sensible/cost-effective method of injecting at home using prescribed T enanthate or Cypionate multi-dose vials whether big pharma or compounded with cheaply purchased bulk (box 100) fixed insulin syringes.​

Do understand that there are many men especially older men that have a fear of needles let alone the thought of drawing/injecting using an insulin syringe at home and although it may be easy to learn the process at least they have the option to choose Xyosted due to the ease of use.​

Definitely a robbery when it comes to the cost but at least the free samples are worth getting over the hurdles of self-administered injections.​

Much more to it than simply the cost factor.​

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hello,

I have been taking Xyosted for the past 3 months and my doctor just recommended that up the dose to 100mg. The problem is at $425 per month, I cannot afford this. I asked my doctor if the Xyosted medication, Testosterone Enanthate was available in a vial, and could I take it subcutaneously with an insulin syringe. He said that was not an option. He could only prescribe me T-Enanthate in a vial for intramuscular injections. My doctor mentioned something about the formulation wouldn't work for SubQ injections?

My question is 1) can T-Enanthate IM formulated injections be injected subcutaneously? and 2) If not, is it possible to get T-Enanthate formulated to be injected subcutaneously. Of course, this would dramatically drop the cost of what I'm paying now.

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Phil

sigmaphil

LOL! So it's outright ridiculous that xyosted is enanthate in a SubQ auto injector but your doc says enanthate doesn't work SubQ. What a crock of BS!

One idea; If you like your doctor OK except for this issue and he/she is agreeable for you to inject IM, but you want to try subQ, just get the gear and do it, then tell your doctor after you get your next set of results back. The proof is in the results.

Some of these Doctors are ignorant. The more we do this kind of thing the more they potentially wake TF up.

The doctor said it had something to do with the formulation? I'm not sure what he meant by that. Anyway, I do like the guy, but I like my money too.

sigmaphil

Update: I contacted my doctor and told him I would be willing to give the IM medication a try. I don't believe this is a lie since I said I would give the IM medication a try, not give the IM injections a try. I am planning on taking it with insulin syringes that I just ordered last night.

I did ask my doctor if the T-Enanthate IM is the same dosage as the Xyosted and if it's the same medication and also what he meant by formulation being an issue.

In the meantime, I am contacting another doctor who I think prescribes subQ Testosterone medication. They are reaching out to me to set up an appointment, hopefully, they will accept the Lab work results I had done 3 weeks ago.

Blackhawk

The doctor said it had something to do with the formulation? I'm not sure what he meant by that. Anyway, I do like the guy, but I like my money too.

From xyosted prescribing info: xyosted: Clinical Pharmacology Drug Monograph

"Subcutaneous Administration
Testosterone Enanthate Subcutaneous Injection (Xyosted)
-Testosterone enanthate injection is a clear, colorless to pale yellow solution in sesame oil. The product is a single-use auto-injector for weekly administration.
-For subcutaneous injection only."

Based on this statement: Testosterone enanthate injection is a clear, colorless to pale yellow solution in sesame oil...

I do not believe there is something different about the formulation.

IM vs SubQ for Test injection
Furthermore, it takes 2 or three times for me to get the auto-injector to engage and release the medication, but still, the needle sticks me. So I end up with two-three puncture wounds every time I use the auto-injector. Which is another reason I want to do the injection myself.
I'm not following your malfunction experience. Are you extremely lean and can't gather any skin? Except for not capturing the the injector's window to the serum, this video is exactly how it's done and I can't think where you're going wrong.

swoops36

You have had your head up in those forums that are littered upon the internet to think such.

Sure making a profit $$$ plays a big part but is far from the main reason why the Xyosted (testosterone enanthate) auto-injector was brought to the market.

Antares Receives FDA Approval of Xyosted™ (Testosterone Enanthate) Injection for Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Adult Males

A Novel Subcutaneous Auto-Injector Product Approved For Once-Weekly At-Home Therapy

EWING, N.J., Oct. 01, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Antares Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATRS) today announced the approval of XYOSTED™ (testosterone enanthate) injection by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). XYOSTED™ is the first FDA approved subcutaneous testosterone enanthate product for once-weekly, at-home self-administration with an easy-to-use, single-dose, disposable QuickShot® auto-injector. XYOSTED™ has been approved in three dosage strengths, 50 mg, 75 mg, and 100 mg and is indicated for testosterone replacement therapy in adult males for conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone (see Indications and Usage below).​

“Today’s FDA approval of XYOSTED is a significant milestone for Antares. XYOSTED expands our branded portfolio of combination drug/device products and continues to highlight our passion and commitment to providing high-quality therapies that improve patient care,” said Robert F. Apple, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. “XYOSTED, the first subcutaneous auto-injector product designed for testosterone replacement therapy will soon be available for adult males diagnosed with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone. Published data from the XYOSTED phase three studies have shown our product to be easy to use and virtually pain-free while providing steady testosterone levels.” He concluded, “We believe XYOSTED significantly enhances a testosterone deficient patient’s option for treatment, and I am proud of our team’s success in developing and bringing to market this novel product. We will now begin the process of onboarding sales representatives and expect to make XYOSTED available to patients before the end of this year.”​

Jed C. Kaminetsky, MD, a urologist at University Urology Associates, Medical Director of Manhattan Medical Research, clinical assistant professor of urology at New York University School of Medicine and principal investigator in the XYOSTED pivotal studies said, A once-weekly, at-home, subcutaneously administered testosterone product represents an exciting new treatment option for men suffering from hypogonadism.” He continued, “The subcutaneous dosing of XYOSTED also removes transfer concerns commonly associated with gels and potentially reduces the need for in-office injection procedures that may require more frequent patient visits. XYOSTED has been clinically shown to produce physiologically normal levels of testosterone with a narrow peak-to-trough ratio.”

XYOSTED enters the testosterone replacement therapy market where approximately 6.5 million retail prescriptions were filled in 2017, according to data from Symphony Health Solutions. The majority of the prescriptions written were for injectable (66%) and topical (32%) testosterone products.​

Easy to say it is about the money when you and many in the know are experienced/comfortable using the more sensible/cost-effective method of injecting at home using prescribed T enanthate or Cypionate multi-dose vials whether big pharma or compounded with cheaply purchased bulk (box 100) fixed insulin syringes.​

Do understand that there are many men especially older men that have a fear of needles let alone the thought of drawing/injecting using an insulin syringe at home and although it may be easy to learn the process at least they have the option to choose Xyosted due to the ease of use.​

Definitely a robbery when it comes to the cost but at least the free samples are worth getting over the hurdles of self-administered injections.​

Much more to it than simply the cost factor.​

Your long post explained my point entirely, thank you. I said they do it for ‘patient compliance’ cos some guys fear the needle, not because it’s a better way to take the med. You agreed the high price, $425 vs $45, is robbery. A free sample over a lifetime doesn’t amount to much. I stand by my assertion that Xyosted is a pointless medical product.

sigmaphil

IM vs SubQ for Test injection

I'm not following your malfunction experience. Are you extremely lean and can't gather any skin? Except for not capturing the the injector's window to the serum, this video is exactly how it's done and I can't think where you're going wrong.

I have seen the video and read the instructions. I know how to do the injection. I do the injection the same every time. Sometimes, very rarely, it works the first time. Most of the time I try 2-3 times til the needle launches and the medication is dispensed.

madman

Super Moderator
Your long post explained my point entirely, thank you. I said they do it for ‘patient compliance’ cos some guys fear the needle, not because it’s a better way to take the med. You agreed the high price, $425 vs $45, is robbery. A free sample over a lifetime doesn’t amount to much. I stand by my assertion that Xyosted is a pointless medical product.

Must have gone over your head then as you did state .....The only reason they created that dumb Xyosted is so they can charge 10x what plain ole T enth cost.

sigmaphil

I don't want to entirely dismiss Xyosted as a bad product. It works, no issues there, but for the average joe it's not affordable. If I were a wealthy man than I would keep taking it. If I could stay at 75mg and pay $375/month I might have done that, but not at $425, which is actually $100 cheaper than the retail due to their Xyosted Discount card.

madman

Super Moderator
I don't want to entirely dismiss Xyosted as a bad product. It works, no issues there, but for the average joe it's not affordable. If I were a wealthy man than I would keep taking it. If I could stay at 75mg and pay $375/month I might have done that, but not at $425, which is actually $100 cheaper than the retail due to their Xyosted Discount card.

Screenshot (1794).png

My response:
Screenshot (1795).png

Screenshot (1796).png

Screenshot (1797).png

No brainer here vial/fixed insulin syringe!

sigmaphil

buckeye22

Hello,

I have been taking Xyosted for the past 3 months and my doctor just recommended that up the dose to 100mg. The problem is at $425 per month, I cannot afford this. I asked my doctor if the Xyosted medication, Testosterone Enanthate was available in a vial, and could I take it subcutaneously with an insulin syringe. He said that was not an option. He could only prescribe me T-Enanthate in a vial for intramuscular injections. My doctor mentioned something about the formulation wouldn't work for SubQ injections?

My question is 1) can T-Enanthate IM formulated injections be injected subcutaneously? and 2) If not, is it possible to get T-Enanthate formulated to be injected subcutaneously. Of course, this would dramatically drop the cost of what I'm paying now.

-Phil
Lol. That’s ridiculous. Fire your dr. Another idiot dr. Pls go elsewhere. Yes u can do subq with it. Also get it filled elsewhere and if your insurance doesn’t cover it try GoodRx app. Much cheaper and will tell u where it’s cheapest near u.
Tell the pharmacy where u get it filled that u want 25-27g needles that 3/8-1/2”. tell them u r doing it subq if they give u large needles like 18g. Injectable meds come with needles and syringes and u shouldn’t need a script tfor that. If the pharmacy tech gives u problem talk to pharmacist or transfer your med to Walmart or other pharmacy.
1598116730483.png

Dr Bob Harding

Hello,

-Phil
Phil

sorry to hear you pay that much for Testosterone. I do subq injections in myself and all of my patients. I get consistent therapeutic levels with compounded testosterone cypionate in grape seed oil. Testosterone enanthate can be used sub q also.

bob

geyr7777

If you are not already talking to Defy Medical, shop around and compare. I am very happy with them, as many others here are.

When I was finally able to talk my family doc into TRT after many months of annoying him (2015-ish), he started me on a 1/month injection. I talked him into 2x/mo and finally was able to administer myself at home. That’s when I started 2-3x/wk to level out peaks and troughs. Needless to say, I am much more pleased with Defy.

RickD

.2CC of 250Mg/CC enanthate twice weekly for 2 years with an insulin needle into belly fat. Works perfectly, no issues at all.

sigmaphil

Phil

sorry to hear you pay that much for Testosterone. I do subq injections in myself and all of my patients. I get consistent therapeutic levels with compounded testosterone cypionate in grape seed oil. Testosterone enanthate can be used sub q also.

bob

I finally got my doctor to prescribe IM medication. It's not T-Enanthate, it's the T-Cypionate. He's prescribing a dosage of 200mg every 2 weeks. He's very adamant that this is a formulation specifically for IM injection. I can take that SubQ, correct? He seemed somewhat frustrated with me in the last message. I may try a different doctor.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I finally got my doctor to prescribe IM medication. It's not T-Enanthate, it's the T-Cypionate. He's prescribing a dosage of 200mg every 2 weeks. He's very adamant that this is a formulation specifically for IM injection. I can take that SubQ, correct? He seemed somewhat frustrated with me in the last message. I may try a different doctor.
It's not that it's specifically formulated for IM. Rather, the original clinical trials used that protocol. Technically speaking, dosing more frequently and injecting subcutaneously are both off-label. Your doctor is uncomfortable with that. Unfortunately he is disregarding the ever-increasing body of evidence showing that subcutaneous injections are safe and effective.

IPRMAN2005

Guys-I have been injecting T-Cyp Sub Q for the past 3 months and have had Excellent results. I pay $10 ($55 without insurance) for a 10ML vial that will last me 2 months. Its sounds like some TRT Dr may be taking advantage of their patients. My advise would be to find a Urologist(A Real MD) that promotes TRT therapy. Finding the right Dr is soooooo important to TRT success.

sigmaphil

I had to wait an extra week because my Pharmacy was out, but I finally picked up the "Intramuscular" formula which is T-Cypionate, 200mg; Benzyl Benzoate, 0.2 mL; Cottonseed oil, 560mg; Benzyl Alcohol, 9.40mg. Does this seem right? It sounds like it's cottonseed oil with a little T-Cypionate. Hopefully, it works as a subq injection. The doctor wants me to inject the 1mL solution once every 2 weeks via IM, but I was going to try once a week at 100mg subq?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me