Help determining proper pregnenolone dosage and frequency

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
How u feeling on the 200mg of pregnenolone? And positives or negatives to report? Do u take it in the morning or before bed, I forget

I take 200 mg right before dinner. I sleep a lot more deeply and feel much calmer during the day. I also feel like I can articulate things much better. I started with 100 mg for a month and then went up to 200 mg after I saw that most studies titrated up to 500 mg per day.

Gman86

I take 200 mg right before dinner. I sleep a lot more deeply and feel much calmer during the day. I also feel like I can articulate things much better. I started with 100 mg for a month and then went up to 200 mg after I saw that most studies titrated up to 500 mg per day.
That’s awesome to hear Nelson. Are u still taking the form of pregnenolone that doesn’t increase progesterone? Ur last set of labs prog didn’t increase at all correct?

Do u mind linking the Pregnenolone supplement that u take? I’m gonna save it just incase I ever want to switch to oral preg. Gonna be experimenting with topical first

Graham

Hmm on Labcorp my pregnenolone is less than 10 but my progesterone is 0.5 with that being the top. Is the reliability of pregnenolone blood testing off ?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
That’s awesome to hear Nelson. Are u still taking the form of pregnenolone that doesn’t increase progesterone? Ur last set of labs prog didn’t increase at all correct?

Do u mind linking the Pregnenolone supplement that u take? I’m gonna save it just incase I ever want to switch to oral preg. Gonna be experimenting with topical first

Please look at post #12 for product

I have not tested my progesterone on 200 mg per night dose of pregnenolone. On vacation until tomorrow. Will do so on Friday.

Taking that OTC product I bought on Amazon, my pregnenolone increased from undetectable to 95 ng/dL. Let's see if there is a lineal relationship between dosing and blood level!

I used the pregnenolone LC/MS test from Quest (the one I sell on Discounted Labs). Quest says normal range of pregnenolone for men is

Adult

22-237 ng/dL

Progesterone testing is more tricky when it comes to values and ranges and what company you are using.

Someone mentioned this before. The progesterone lab test range for either LC/MS or immunoassay suck for Labcorp and Quest.

Quest:

LC/MS:
Less than 0.2 ng/mL (milliliter, not deciliter)

Immunoassay:

less than 1.4 ng/mL

They also say "DHEA supplementation causes a false elevation of values in this standard Immunoassay method for progesterone."

Labcorp

LC/MS (no range provided)

Immunoassay
0-0.5 ng/mL

I think I will include 17-OH progesterone since it has precise ranges and it has been linked to testicular health and function. I have not used hCG in the past two weeks on vacation

As you can tell, testing for progesterone levels is confusing right now with either company!

Gman86

@Nelson Vergel ive been using labcorp’s non-sensitive progesterone test while experimenting with exogenous progesterone, and even if it is unreliable, it will at least tell u if ur progesterone levels have been increased by using pregnenolone. It might not give u ur correct level, but it will definitely let u know if the pregnenolone is increasing ur prog levels at all. Their non-sensitive prog test has always showed my level at around the same very low level while on TRT without anything that increases progesterone levels, and it has gone up to around where I was expecting it to while on 2mg of injectable progesterone, and then when I cut the dose in half and was on 1mg of injectable progesterone my level came back a little below half of what it was on 2mg. So I still see plenty of value in their non-sens progesterone test, even if it isn’t giving u a completely accurate representation of where ur progesterone level sits.

Last edited:

Gman86

Idk, but I’d like to throw injectable progesterone into that comparison if anyone knows the differences between all of them, if there is any

Sozzing

Just to update; the experiment of splitting the doses up throughout the day was a bit of a bust, tried it for 2 weeks, but consistently felt worse. Seems like only the high dose all at once is able to give me benefits just, unfortunately, isn't consistent. I would like to add that I believe the success I do intermittently experience has more to do with pregnenolone’s ability to improve my sleep metrics as I get similar inconsistent results with l-theanine.

Anonymon

Is there any difference between oral and topical Pregnenolone use?
I personally do better on transdermal. In my case it may be from there being a lot of 5AR in the skin that might preferentially convert it to allopregnenolone. On oral, I just get anxious and irritable, which progesterone on the scrotum does to me as well. Progesterone came in a little high on my last blood test. Progesterone on the skin relaxes me.

Gianluca

Please look at post #12 for product

I have not tested my progesterone on 200 mg per night dose of pregnenolone. On vacation until tomorrow. Will do so on Friday.

Taking that OTC product I bought on Amazon, my pregnenolone increased from undetectable to 95 ng/dL. Let's see if there is a lineal relationship between dosing and blood level!

I used the pregnenolone LC/MS test from Quest (the one I sell on Discounted Labs). Quest says normal range of pregnenolone for men is

Adult

22-237 ng/dL

Progesterone testing is more tricky when it comes to values and ranges and what company you are using.

Someone mentioned this before. The progesterone lab test range for either LC/MS or immunoassay suck for Labcorp and Quest.

Quest:

LC/MS:
Less than 0.2 ng/mL (milliliter, not deciliter)

Immunoassay:

less than 1.4 ng/mL

They also say "DHEA supplementation causes a false elevation of values in this standard Immunoassay method for progesterone."

Labcorp

LC/MS (no range provided)

Immunoassay
0-0.5 ng/mL

I think I will include 17-OH progesterone since it has precise ranges and it has been linked to testicular health and function. I have not used hCG in the past two weeks on vacation

As you can tell, testing for progesterone levels is confusing right now with either company!

now that you have doubled the Pregnenolone, and I understand still using the same OTC brand, I would be very curios to see if Progesterone has increased at all. Please update us with this.

Gman86

I'm eager to hear @Nelson Vergel results as well.
Sounds like he dropped his pregnenolone dose down to 100mg/ day again. Did he get his progesterone levels tested while on 200mg/ day? And wasn’t he on a form of preg that didn’t really effect progesterone levels? Pretty sure when he tested it on 100mg/ day of preg his prog levels didn’t budge right?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Sounds like he dropped his pregnenolone dose down to 100mg/ day again. Did he get his progesterone levels tested while on 200mg/ day? And wasn’t he on a form of preg that didn’t really effect progesterone levels? Pretty sure when he tested it on 100mg/ day of preg his prog levels didn’t budge right?

on oral OTC pregnenolone 100 mg per day: Pregnenolone went from undetectable to 95 ng/dL

on oral OTC pregnenolone 100 mg per day: Pregnenolone up to 153 ng/dL

Started a lower dose of preg again (100mg/day- from Empower) when I brought in 50 mg progesterone from Empower. I felt very tired during the morning for 3 days and stopped progesterone (I did not test for progesterone). I stay on 200 mg of pregnenolone every night from Empower now. Nightly pregnenolone helps me sleep better without a groggy feeling in the morning.

I am talking to Empower to see if they can make 25 mg progesterone capsules or to make tablets that we can break instead of capsules that we can't.

I have posted this somewhere but I need to do a better job at consolidating the multiple pregnenolone and progesterone threads that keep popping up. It is becoming confusing for all.

Continuing with my trial and error.

Gianluca

on oral OTC pregnenolone 100 mg per day: Pregnenolone went from undetectable to 95 ng/dL

Started a lower dose of preg again (100mg/day- from Empower) when I brought in 50 mg progesterone from Empower. I felt very tired during the morning for 3 days and stopped progesterone (I did not test for progesterone). I stay on 200 mg of pregnenolone every night from Empower now. Nightly pregnenolone helps me sleep better without a groggy feeling in the morning.

I am talking to Empower to see if they can make 25 mg progesterone capsules or to make tablets that we can break instead of capsules that we can't.

I have posted this somewhere but I need to do a better job at consolidating the multiple pregnenolone and progesterone threads that keep popping up. It is becoming confusing for all.

I bet now that you are using the micronized Pregnenolone from Empower, your Progesterone level increased as well.

25/50mg Progesterone capsule is way too much for men, 5 or 10mg max is a good dose, to my understating

Gman86

So u take ur pregnenolone at night before bed?

Have u considered using injectable progesterone subQ?

Gman86

@Nelson Vergel what pregnenolone test have u been doing? Is it just a serum pregnenolone test? Ive heard testing serum pregnenolone levels isn’t very reliable, but if ur level went up quite a bit while supplementing, sounds like it’s at least a useful tool to see if ur increasing ur levels or not. What’s ur thoughts?

madhacker

@Nelson Vergel what pregnenolone test have u been doing? Is it just a serum pregnenolone test? Ive heard testing serum pregnenolone levels isn’t very reliable, but if ur level went up quite a bit while supplementing, sounds like it’s at least a useful tool to see if ur increasing ur levels or not. What’s ur thoughts?
I'm curious as well.

@Nelson Vergel I'm confused as to what the following statements meant, did it mean that two separate pharmaceutical preparations of preg. led to different level at separate blood draws?

"on oral OTC pregnenolone 100 mg per day: Pregnenolone went from undetectable to 95 ng/dL"

"on oral OTC pregnenolone 100 mg per day: Pregnenolone up to 153 ng/dL"

May I ask what level of pregnenolone you are trying to achieve? Possibly 75 percentile of the upper >237?

100mg of preg. usually increases progesterone 1.2ng/ml, supplementing 10mg of progesterone achieves a level of 3.2ng/ml. What level of progesterone are you trying to achieve on progesterone? If using doses beyond physiological or achieving levels beyond physiological ranges, are you concerned of the side effects or possible adverse effects?

I'll been taking 200mg of preg. the past three days. Subjectively, I feel an increase in energy and focus which is certainly welcomed but it also has increased anxiety if taken both morning and before bed (100mg bid). I may try one large daily dose taken prior to bed.

Thanks for your time!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
What level of progesterone are you trying to achieve on progesterone? If using doses beyond physiological or achieving levels beyond physiological ranges, are you concerned of the side effects or possible adverse effects?
Progesterone blood testing sucks. I even used the LC/MS but the range is really non-specific. So, I don't have a clear picture yet on my progesterone at 100 mg/night of pregnenolone

I have not tried more than 100 mg per night of pregnenolone. I may go up since studies for mood improvements used 400 mg per day. The only thing I can say now is that I sleep a lot more deeply.

I tried 25 and 50 mg of progesterone from Empower in the past but I felt tired.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me