At what Free T level do you feel optimal?

Buy Lab Tests Online

At what Free T level do you feel optimal?

• Above normal

• High normal or top 25% percentile

• Mid-range

• Low normal or bottom 25% percentile

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemlord

As the thread title says, I want to compile a consensus and see at what Free T levels our members feel optimal.

Please specify if levels are at trough, midpoint or peak. Also detail protocol and time of lab testing in relation to your injections.

These poll questions are for Free T only either equilibrium dialysis or calculated.

Choices above are:

Above normal.

High normal or top 25%.

Mid-range

Low normal or bottom 25%.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My calculated Free T levels using the Tru-T calculator are 28.38 ng/dL at 4 hours after (Jatenzo @237 mg 2x daily) morning dosage.

My Total T is 772 ng/dL. I feel optimal at these levels and I have endless energy, stamina and strength at 50 years old.

I believe your blood pressure and heart rate are good indicator of your overall health status. My blood pressure is 113/67, heart rate 67 bpm before my phlebotomies.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Can you fairly evaluate whether a certain segment of the (healthy, normal?) FT range is optimal without having compared it to the other segments? How many guys have spent significant time in each part of the FT range? I haven't. I have yet to spend much time in the lower part of the range. For all I know I would do even better there. I suspect this applies to most guys here, implying an inherent bias in favor of higher levels.

Systemlord

How many guys have spent significant time in each part of the FT range?
I have spent a significant amount of time below 400 ng/dL even with low SHBG and my ED is substantially worse when dipping below this point, however my libido is affected above this level and is right inline with a study showing lowered libido below 500 ng/dL.

Systemlord

I suspect this applies to most guys here, implying an inherent bias in favor of higher levels.
A lot of my bias for higher Free T levels is not only from my experience, but an accumulation of many studies with regards to cardiovascular risk, prostate cancer risk and lowered libido.

Belekas

nobody
I have spent a significant amount of time below 400 ng/dL even with low SHBG and my ED is substantially worse when dipping below this point, however my libido is affected above this level and is right inline with a study showing lowered libido below 500 ng/dL.
Hmm, my libido was def there and was even starting to get morning wood with my TT being 450 and FT barely above range low when I increased food, healthy fats, decreased training days and increased sleep. Now 10 days ago I started my own TRT journey and no more morning wood and libido slightly down considering everything else the same. It's still very early I know, but thought I'll mention. Also seen a lot of posts of similar manner fwiw.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
A lot of my bias for higher Free T levels is not only from my experience, but an accumulation of many studies with regards to cardiovascular risk, prostate cancer risk and lowered libido.
Show me any study suggesting that having FTV over 20 ng/dL is better overall than having it around 15 ng/dL. The studies you've referenced so far are on older men, where even 15 ng/dL FTV is an outlier on the high side.

eternalife

My calculated Free T levels using the Tru-T calculator are 28.38 ng/dL at 4 hours after (Jatenzo @237 mg 2x daily) morning dosage.

My Total T is 772 ng/dL. I feel optimal at these levels and I have endless energy, stamina and strength at 50 years old.

I believe your blood pressure and heart rate are good indicator of your overall health status. My blood pressure is 113/67 heart rate 67 bpm before my phlebotomies.
Hello Systemlord can you please give a valuation on what's going on for the following results. Iam 69 y.o

I started injection for 2 months.
Te 62.5mg 2x week=125mg
Test results: TT 1000ng/dl - TF 314pg/ml - Estradiol 58pg/ml - SHBG 11 - Hematocrit 50.

Then i wanted to lower the Testosterone dosage .
Te 37.5mg 2x week=75mg
Test results: TT 741ng/dl - TF 206pg/ml - Estradiol 27pg/ml - Hematocrit 53- did not test SBHG .
Does this sound good? why hematocrit is higher if i lowered the dosage.
I drink much water.
Feeling a little fatigue.
Thanks

SS1LE

Also for what its worth madman on here stated optimal free T is in the 30ng/dl range

On another post he stated 20-30ng/dl

The biggest problem with Free T is seems, there are to many ways to measure via different lab modalities, to many different ranges from lab to lab, different calcs that bring different results. So honestly what is the correct range? the right amount to have? it seems know one really knows.

From one of my other posts I can only draw to the conclusion that Higher Free T is what allows me to feel better.
hello-trt-for-9-years-and-questions-on-free-t.26265

T

tareload

Also for what its worth madman on here stated optimal free T is in the 30ng/dl range
Not quite.

There is no set optimal for FT let alone TT as every individual is different.

Regarding this...
You can also use the newer calculated TruT method which will provide you with the most accurate estimate of FT if you choose to use such method
Unknown until standardized fT testing is complete. Until then I believe in Team Vermeulen. We need to have some bobbleheads made.

This term optimal really needs to be better defined. Very lazy usage in its typical usage on forums or internet. Optimal indicates a tradeoff. Running to top of range is the optimum? For who? And what is the objective function?

Last edited by a moderator:

SS1LE

Show me any study suggesting that having FTV over 20 ng/dL is better overall than having it around 15 ng/dL. The studies you've referenced so far are on older men, where even 15 ng/dL FTV is an outlier on the high side.
From reading a lot of posts on here , you seem to lab rat a lot of substances on yourself, have you ever just tried T alone and road out certain dosages for 8-10 weeks each dosage change? possible you will do better with just a higher free T range.

SS1LE

Not quite.

Regarding this...

Unknown until standardized fT testing is complete. Until then I believe in Team Vermeulen. We need to have some bobbleheads made.
Completely get what your saying there, but he is suggesting 20ng/dl in to the 30's, if I go by the Vermeulen I'm at 22.2 ng/dL on my recent bloodwork.

T

tareload

Optimal what? I felt fantastic on 50 mg/day of oxandrolone on top of 100 mg/week of testosterone cypionate. Free T level stayed exactly the same on and off the oxandrolone but SHBG dropped like a rock. But I gave that up after I concluded my instantaneous feelz may not be in the best interest of long term health. I would feel great with another 50 lb muscle until my heart exploded. What are we optimizing here? Mental well being, long term health, body dysmorphia inclinations (my personal favorite)?

Reminds me...that stanozolol is still in the fridge. Hold up I will be back. Gotta run.

Last edited by a moderator:

SS1LE

Optimal what? I felt fantastic on 50 mg/day of oxandrolone on top of 100 mg/week of testosterone cypionate. Free T level stayed exactly the same on and off the oxandrolone but SHBG dropped like a rock. But I gave that up after I concluded my instantaneous feelz may not be in the best interest of long term health. I would feel great with another 50 lb muscle until my heart exploded. What are we optimizing here? Mental well being, long term health, body dysmorphia inclinations (my personal favorite)?

Reminds me of that stanozolol in the fridge. Hold up I will be back.
I don't think we are optimizing anything, the guy is just looking for a poll on where most TRT users keep their free T where they feel their best.

T

tareload

I don't think we are optimizing anything, the guy is just looking for a poll on where most TRT users keep their free T where they feel their best.
My bad the title states optimal. Probably overthinking... thanks.

Systemlord

The studies you've referenced so far are on older men, where even 15 ng/dL FTV is an outlier on the high side.
Or just healthy without disease. There are outliers on this earth that are disease-free. The notion that a man's testosterone decreases due to aging needs to die, testosterone doesn't decline due to age alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com