At what Free T level do you feel optimal?

Buy Lab Tests Online

At what Free T level do you feel optimal?

• Above normal

• High normal or top 25% percentile

• Mid-range

• Low normal or bottom 25% percentile

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemlord

Hmm, my libido was def there and was even starting to get morning wood with my TT being 450 and FT barely above range low when I increased food, healthy fats, decreased training days and increased sleep. Now 10 days ago I started my own TRT journey and no more morning wood and libido slightly down considering everything else the same.
I had the same thing happen to me when I started supplementing vitamin D, at the beginning I wasn't taking nearly enough (37 pg/dL) and only experienced almost complete symptoms resolution but only for a short time.

After a while the symptoms returned and are still present in the mornings and towards the end of the day but making improvements every day.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
From reading a lot of posts on here , you seem to lab rat a lot of substances on yourself, have you ever just tried T alone and road out certain dosages for 8-10 weeks each dosage change? possible you will do better with just a higher free T range.
I have spent substantial time—years—on higher doses, the equivalent of 58-65 mg TC/week. This was after an introductory 6 weeks on close to 100 mg, with TT > 1,200 ng/dL. The somewhat lower doses included hCG, and results were pretty decent initially—certainly better than hypogonadism. But there was degradation over time, in both libido and sexual function. That's what drove a lot of my subsequent experimentation.

In the end the higher doses were not better—they were mostly worse. However, it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison given the complexity of my current protocol. This protocol provides the testosterone content of only 44 mg TC per week, but daily injections of a propionate/enanthate blend put peak testosterone close to 700 ng/dL, a little above average even for young men, and only ~100 ng/dL lower than the nearly constant levels I had on the higher doses. I also use peptides and enclomiphene to ameliorate some of the hormonal disruption caused by TRT. I think these latter items are the special sauce that really makes things work. In my experience the higher doses of testosterone improved athleticism and caused unwanted side effects; that's about it. This is in line with the notion that many important parameters, such as erectile function, need only a modest minimum level of testosterone to normalize. Exceeding this may not result in further improvements, and at some point other problems are introduced.

Or just healthy without disease. ...
Evidence?

T

tareload

The notion that a man's testosterone decreases due to aging needs to die, testosterone doesn't decline due to age alone.
So sayeth the Systemlord. You sure about that?

calculated Free T ranges are 7.0-36.5 ng/dL and I'm at 28 ng/dL. I'm not on a steroid cycle.
Need to state your calculation method with the numbers provided.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince

Super Moderator
I got totally tired of donating blood so it's important for me to keep my HCT "Good". As long as my HCT is good, I'll take my free testosterone as high as I can.

T

tareload

I got totally tired of donating blood so it's important for me to keep my HCT "Good". As long as my HCT is good, I'll take my free testosterone as high as I can.
For some that means stopping at 15 ng/dl Free T via cfTv or ED.

....Optimization.

The juggling of multiple functions of testosterone dose to achieve some suitable balance of reward (positive effect) vs risk (negative side effect).

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

I have spent substantial time—years—on higher doses, the equivalent of 58-65 mg TC/week. This was after an introductory 6 weeks on close to 100 mg, with TT > 1,200 ng/dL. The somewhat lower doses included hCG, and results were pretty decent initially—certainly better than hypogonadism. But there was degradation over time, in both libido and sexual function. That's what drove a lot of my subsequent experimentation.

In the end the higher doses were not better—they were mostly worse. However, it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison given the complexity of my current protocol. This protocol provides the testosterone content of only 44 mg TC per week, but daily injections of a propionate/enanthate blend put peak testosterone close to 700 ng/dL, a little above average even for young men, and only ~100 ng/dL lower than the nearly constant levels I had on the higher doses. I also use peptides and enclomiphene to ameliorate some of the hormonal disruption caused by TRT. I think these latter items are the special sauce that really makes things work. In my experience the higher doses of testosterone improved athleticism and caused unwanted side effects; that's about it. This is in line with the notion that many important parameters, such as erectile function, need only a modest minimum level of testosterone to normalize. Exceeding this may not result in further improvements, and at some point other problems are introduced.

Evidence?

Coconutz

Wow this thread about to get a whole lot better. Welcome back!
Are you disagreeing that the insurance companies DONT set the ranges?? Or are you still upset you masturbate and I dont? I forgot all about that weeks ago. You obviously didn't. Lol

Hyrulewarrior1978

I would like to add one thing to this discussion and that is that when men are young all parts of the system are young not just their hpta. Their brains are young their bodies young their mitochondria all young. So maybe some men might need free t in the higher range to compensate for the other parts of the system that have aged (loss of dopamine, receptor changes, etc). This of course is fixing one problem while causing another. Actually optimal testosterone is that which your body produces naturally at any age, barring any pituitary or genetic disorder.

T

tareload

Are you disagreeing that the insurance companies DONT set the ranges??

You do realize insurance companies set the numbers, right??

The ranges or the numbers? Be specific and consistent with your claim. They do not set the ranges. They do set some numbers.

Or are you still upset you masturbate and I dont? I forgot all about that weeks ago. You obviously didn't. Lol

Reading comprehension is critical to success in life, more than ever in history. Reading difficulties create educational difficulties, which in turn lead to social and economic disadvantage, including joblessness. Kids with poor comprehension skills may be flying under the radar of classroom teachers, but they can’t continue to avoid detection. They won’t be asked to read out loud in the real world, but they will be expected to know what they’ve read.

I should be more empathetic. I wish you health and happiness. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale