Hello, TRT for 9 years and questions on free T

Buy Lab Tests Online

SS1LE

Hello, I have been on TRT for 9 years, I have done it all once weekly, twice weekly , EOD , and daily injections. Im currently been settled in on the dose of 14MG Daily of Test E. No other meds involved in terms of TRT.
My recent labs from Quest
Total T 881ng/dl LCMS
Free T 249.9pg/ml Eliquilibrium (range 35-155)
Albumin 4.1 g/dl
SHGB 31nmol/l

So the question is I seen post by madman and other that state free T needs to be likely over 30 ng/dl to feel benefits (of course not true for all)

If I go by the quest , I am well over the top of their range
TruT at 32.65 ng/dL
Vermeulen at 22.2 ng/dL

So the whole Free T thing is really confusing, Just curious on thoughts of others where they like their free T.
I tried dropping down to 12mg for 8 weeks in the past and just never felt as good as 14mg, tried 10mg for 12-16 weeks when I first started dailies , that resulted in low energy, low sexual function, and low mood. I been debating on trying 16mg daily (been prescribed 120mg weekly , only time I ever did that amount was on once weekly injections way back when starting TRT)
All other blood perimeters are good in terms of Lipids, CBC, and metabolic.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SS1LE

So I got a email that someone replied, but does not show up here? Any way my question that reply is what about the quest results for free T?

Systemlord replied to a thread you are watching at Excel Male TRT Forum.

SS1LE said:
So the whole Free T thing is really confusing, Just curious on thoughts of others where they like their free T.
I would go by the Vermeulen method as I have read the Tru-T calculator gives erroneous free T values.

The Vermeulen has your Free T in range.

madman

Super Moderator
Hello, I have been on TRT for 9 years, I have done it all once weekly, twice weekly , EOD , and daily injections. Im currently been settled in on the dose of 14MG Daily of Test E. No other meds involved in terms of TRT.
My recent labs from Quest
Total T 881ng/dl LCMS
Free T 249.9pg/ml Eliquilibrium (range 35-155)
Albumin 4.1 g/dl
SHGB 31nmol/l

So the question is I seen post by madman and other that state free T needs to be likely over 30 ng/dl to feel benefits (of course not true for all)

If I go by the quest , I am well over the top of their range
TruT at 32.65 ng/dL
Vermeulen at 22.2 ng/dL

I tried dropping down to 12mg for 8 weeks in the past and just never felt as good as 14mg, tried 10mg for 12-16 weeks when I first started dailies , that resulted in low energy, low sexual function, and low mood. I been debating on trying 16mg daily (been prescribed 120mg weekly , only time I ever did that amount was on once weekly injections way back when starting TRT)
All other blood perimeters are good in terms of Lipids, CBC, and metabolic.

Forget worrying about the calculators!

You had your FT tested using one of the most accurate assays (Equilibrium Dialysis).

Also need to keep in mind that not all ED devices/procedures are the same.

Quest's Equilibrium Dialysis is not the end all be all.

Put money on it that if you tested using Labcorps ED or better yet Equilibrium Ultrafiltration they would all give different results.

This FT s**t show will be coming to an end soon enough!

FT is over the top end of the reference range.

Most men will do well with FT 20-30 ng/dL.

Some may choose/want to run higher levels.

Highly doubtful that one would need a trough FT well over 30 ng/dL to experience the full beneficial effects of testosterone.

Far from common that anyone natty is hitting top-end levels and that is at peak.

madman

Super Moderator
So I got a email that someone replied, but does not show up here? Any way my question that reply is what about the quest results for free T?

SS1LE said:
I would go by the Vermeulen method as I have read the Tru-T calculator gives erroneous free T values.

@Systemlord

So which is it?

You should have been preaching this on here since 2018!

If it went over your head I will give you a hint (Fiers)!

Which side of the fence are you playing on?

Sway easily I would say.

post #6

Correct, you can calculate it using the Tru-T calculator which is how my healthcare provider determines my Free T.

This is the most accurate way to determine your Free T levels other than using the more accurate essays.

post #3

post #27

post #9

madman

Super Moderator

SS1LE said:

Better get your s**t str8 over there on bumNATION!

SS1LE

@madman thanks for the reply....I been at this awhile though so I have done my trials with doses and frequency. So I just don't understand why when I was on 12mg my free T was 151pg/ml and on 10mg was 112pg/ml (all the same quest test), but I feel way better mentally , energy wise, and sexual function on 14mg. Not sure what it could be other than the Free T.
Also did you change your stance on free T from?

It all honestly makes know sense how all these labs have different tests and ranges. Theoectically isn't quest lab range in ng/dl 3.5-15.5??? I mean a measurement is a measurement. So if most do well with FT 20-30 ng/dL, quests lab range is off?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me