Progesterone 280% higher, SHBG high, DHEA low, T normal -- should I start TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Runto

bodimed-finaaaal.jpg

Hi. I would appreciate any analysis of my blood tests.

Background:
- 34yo male (5ft9 & 132lbs /180cm & 60kg)
- never been a vegetarian. I eat mostly animal food, no sugar, no gluten.

Severe chronic illness since 2013:
- extreme tissue fatigue/weakness
- super-easily injured
- unable to heal injuries
- high noradrenaline
- high dopamine
- sympathetic hyperactive NS (Disautonomia)
- negative for Lyme, autoimmune illness, etc....

I have some other diagnosis, but they explain 10% of the severity of my symptoms. I'm tired of searching for the cause of my health problems.
I want to start TRT and maybe Nandrolone, so I can get stronger and be able to drive a car and live a more normal life. I've never done any steroids.

Tomorrow (Feb 19th) I have an appointment with a holistic TRT doctor.
I need advice on what to ask him regarding my blood work. Any ideas?

- why is my Progesterone so high?
- is it true that Nandrolone could increase Progesterone?
- I heard Progesterone competes with Testosterone for receptors, so now my T is not doing its job, even though it is high in the blood?
- my libido is very good and I can get erections whenever I want to. How does that make sense with such high Progesterone?
- am I a good candidate for TRT w/ or w/out Nandrolone?

What do you, guys, think about all this?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Bodimed-finale.jpg
    Bodimed-finale.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 53
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
View attachment 41640

Background:

- super-easily injured
- high noradrenaline
- high dopamine

I have some other diagnosis, but they explain 10% of the severity of my symptoms. I'm tired of searching for the cause of my health problems.
I want to start TRT and maybe Nandrolone, so I can get stronger and be able to drive a car and live a more normal life. I've never done any steroids.

- I heard Progesterone competes with Testosterone for receptors, so now my T is not doing its job, even though it is high in the blood?
- my libido is very good and I can get erections whenever I want to. How does that make sense with such high Progesterone?

Thank you.

I would pay no attention to your result for FT as it was tested using a known to be inaccurate assay the direct analog enzyme immunoassay (EIA).

Again as I have stated numerous times on the forum/your previous thread FT needs to be tested using what would be considered the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Equilibrium Utrafiltration, especially in cases of altered SHBG to know where it truly sits.

If you do not have access to such (highly doubtful if you reside in the US) then you will need to use/rely upon the calculated method (cFTV) which is available online for free.

To use such you will need to know where your TT, SHBG, and Albumin sit.

Looking over your results there is no way you are hitting a healthy/high-end FT with a robust TT 741.2 ng/dL and very high SHBG 70.7 nmol/L.

Plugging your TT 741.2 ng/dL, very high SHBG 70.7 nmol/L, and Albumin 4.3 g/dL (default) your FT is 9.77 ng/dL which is by no means low but is lower than where a healthy young males cFTV would sit.

1708274901171.png

Even then your FT may very well be even somewhat lower if you had tested it using the ED assay (most accurate) as of now cFTV tends to overestimate when compared to a standardized gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis assay.

The bottom line here is your FT level is well under where a healthy young male would sit.

Again forget getting caught up on the ND for the time being as you should be more concerned with having a healthy FT level!

madman

Super Moderator
View attachment 41640

Background:

- super-easily injured
- high noradrenaline
- high dopamine

Thank you.

Background:

- super-easily injured
- high noradrenaline
- high dopamine

*I have some other diagnosis, but they explain 10% of the severity of my symptoms. I'm tired of searching for the cause of my health problems.
I want to start TRT and maybe Nandrolone, so I can get stronger and be able to drive a car and live a more normal life.

Just to be clear no AAS would be a testosterone substitution.

The main reason testosterone is used for replacement therapy over nandrolone let alone any other AAS is that testosterone drugs provide a hormone that is already produced in the body.

More importantly, its metabolites estradiol and DHT are needed in healthy amounts to experience the full spectrum of testosterone-beneficial effects on (cardiovascular health, brain health, libido, erectile function, bone health, tendon health, immune system, lipids, and body composition).

*Natural testosterone is viewed as the best androgen for substitution in hypogonadal men. The reason behind the selection is that testosterone can be converted to DHT and E2, thus developing the full spectrum of testosterone activities in long-term substitution

*Preparations of native testosterone or its esters (aromatizable T) should be used for TTh

Yes, having healthy FT levels will have a significant impact on your physical/mental health but if you want to improve your overall health then adding some muscle mass and increasing your strength is where it's at.

Hate to burst your bubble here but you would need to get your diet in check let alone a sound training protocol to take advantage of the anabolic properties of T let alone ND.
You weigh a buck35 and there is no way you are going to pack on any size following a keto let alone a carnivore-based diet.

Meeting your daily protein requirements, consuming healthy fats, especially the EFAs, and taking in enough calories which should include an ample amount of starchy carbs is where it's at if your goal is to add muscle mass/increase strength.

Again forget getting caught upon the ND as you need to be more concerned with having a healthy FT level.

Runto

Thank you very much for the long explanations, madman. How do you explain such high progesterone? The pregnenolone is normal, so it's not coming from there. What could be the cause?

By the way, ND=nandrolone?

Runto

also, I just gotta tell you, the slightest exercise leads to injuries and significant worsening of my condition. My exercise now is really just working - cleaning the rooms of my guesthouse. Even this is too much. My body will disassemble if I try more lol. It's hard to explain how weak my tissues are. I just hope TRT will strengthen my body enough so I can start to maybe do a bit of exercise and normal activities, but before TRT - not a chance.

of574

High progesterone in connection with low DHEAS might be an enzyme deficiency. If I were you I tried supplementing with DHEA first if you haven't yet.
It is obviously low. It is easier to obtain. It is not shutting your endogenous hormone production down to the same degree supplemental testosterone does. Instead, it is more likely top up your own DHEA.
I find DHEA (in low doses for me) helps me in my muscle recovery and body composition. But that seems to vary widely between individuals.

Runto

I've tried DHEA (50mg) several times (2-6 month periods) and did not notice anything.
I will do DHEA in conjunction with T.

I went to the doc a few days ago and he agreed that the progesterone is messing with my T utilization, so he agreed to put me on TRT and DHEA and boron.

I am a bit disappointed that he wasn't very knowledgable on TRT, but thankfully I have done enough research to do it on my own.

He also had no clue what might be causing the high progesterone. There is also little info online.

I will be ordering T from NP labs in a few days and will start it probably within a week or so. I am a bit disappointed that their testosterone cream is that expensive - 35ml (20%) for 70 euros.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me