Is my free testosterone low?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

You have discussed at length your numbers in reference to your age, yet I haven't seen anything about what symptoms you might be having that may be related to T levels.

What symptoms were you having that made you look into your T levels at such a young age?

If you aren't having any symptoms that might be related to T levels, I would recommend not paying too much attention to the numbers and go on with your life.

Last edited:
You have discussed at length your numbers in reference to your age, yet I haven't seen anything about what symptoms you might be having that may be related to T levels.

What symptoms were you having that made you look into your T levels at such a young age?

If you aren't having any symptoms that might be related to T levels, I would recommend not paying too much attention to the numbers and go on with your life.

I do experience low T symptoms like brain fog, decreased libido and ED.

Can you help me understand on whether my free T is considered on the low end for my age? The whole point of the thread is for this question and so far only @madman has answered this question. Thats the only thing I need to know

sammmy

That question can be answered ONLY by the makers of the corresponding free T tests, if they have data by ages at all. Different free T tests or calculators have different normal ranges and results cannot be converted between them at all.

I can't find the 'normal ranges' of the popular here TruT calculator anywhere online. Maybe someone else will give reference. You will have to measure the SHBG for it though, together with total T and albumin on the same day.

In any case, being in the lower percentile 'for your age' does not explain your symptoms and getting on TRT is unlikely to resolve it.

If you don't think so, you can try two weeks of transdermal testosterone like Androgel. During those two weeks, your body will still produce testosterone and combined with the transdermal one, your total and free testostosterone will sky rocket. After two weeks, body testosterone will start shutting down so you have only about 2 weeks to test it. You will feel a boost in sexuality but unlikely to change any other symptoms, placebo effects are possible but unlikely to last longer than a few days. This is just to preview what testosterone can do for you and most probably it isn't much.

That question can be answered ONLY by the makers of the corresponding free T tests, if they have data by ages at all. Different free T tests or calculators have different normal ranges and results cannot be converted between them at all.

I can't find the 'normal ranges' of the popular here TruT calculator anywhere online. Maybe someone else will give reference. You will have to measure the SHBG for it though, together with total T and albumin on the same day.

In any case, being in the lower percentile 'for your age' does not explain your symptoms and getting on TRT is unlikely to resolve it.

If you don't think so, you can try two weeks of transdermal testosterone like Androgel. During those two weeks, your body will still produce testosterone and combined with the transdermal one, your total and free testostosterone will sky rocket. After two weeks, body testosterone will start shutting down so you have only about 2 weeks to test it. You will feel a boost in sexuality but unlikely to change any other symptoms, placebo effects are possible but unlikely to last longer than a few days. This is just to preview what testosterone can do for you and most probably it isn't much.

Well there are 2 bloodwork there and the range is there. Is it considered on the lower end? Please answer just this one question and refrain from answering questions that I didn’t ask.

There's little actual information to make an assessment, testing method, Total T and SHBG. If your testing method is the direct immunoassay, then the Free T results are worthless.

The equilibrium dialysis or ultrafiltration should be used for greater accuracy. Also important is what time of day were these bloods drawn. Men's testosterone peak in the morning hours, by 12 noon testosterone levels have declined and continue to do so into the evening.

Let's say these lab results are accurate, what you should be asking is are your testosterone levels consistently elevated and are these levels low for you.

I posted more bloodwork and provided more context, mind looking at them? So far only you and @madman are the only helpful ones. I asked a simple question and people are answering questions that I don’t even ask.

sammmy

Well there are 2 bloodwork there and the range is there. Is it considered on the lower end? Please answer just this one question and refrain from answering questions that I didn’t ask.

According to those ranges your are not low. As I said already it cannot be determined if you are 'low for your age' unless the test maker provides age-specific ranges, and good luck with that.

Apparently you are here to seek validation to get on TRT and you don't accept any other answer. Good luck with that!

According to those ranges your are not low. As I said already it cannot be determined if you are 'low for your age' unless the test maker provides age-specific ranges, and good luck with

there you go, you could have just said this from the beginning as this was the only answer I was looking for. You also recommended me to try arimedex to get a feel of what TRT will feel like so thanks for not wanting to comment any further. :D

madman

Super Moderator
The most recent one is these two,the 17 is the most recent one. While the 72.3 is taken a month ago.

Is this considered on the low end for my age?

Again the only testing method I would use for FT is the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

Your FT level is by no means low but below the mean (mid-range) and definitely far from optimal for your age.

If I was experiencing low-t symptoms at such age and my blood work (most accurate assay) showed that my TT/FT levels were truly low/sub-par than I would look into trt but do understand that you also need to keep in mind that having healthy thyroid/adrenals is critical as any dysfunction could also mimic low-t symptoms.

You would need to have a full set of labs done as you need to look at the overall picture.

As I stated previously it is always best to test twice and within a few weeks in a fasted state between the hours of 8-10 am and I would go first thing in the morning 7-8 am.

Peak T levels would be between 6-8 am.

It is critical that you are in a fasted state otherwise your results will be skewed and if anything we want to test at peak so I would have blood drawn at 8 am.

Screenshot (1833).png

Again the only testing method I would use for FT is the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

Your FT level is by no means low but below the mean (mid-range) and definitely far from optimal for your age.

If I was experiencing low-t symptoms at such age and my blood work (most accurate assay) showed that my TT/FT levels were truly low/sub-par than I would look into trt but do understand that you also need to keep in mind that having healthy thyroid/adrenals is critical as any dysfunction could also mimic low-t symptoms.

You would need to have a full set of labs done as you need to look at the overall picture.

As I stated previously it is always best to test twice and within a few weeks in a fasted state between the hours of 8-10 am and I would go first thing in the morning 7-8 am.

Peak T levels would be between 6-8 am.

It is critical that you are in a fasted state otherwise your results will be skewed and if anything we want to test at peak so I would have blood drawn at 8 am.

View attachment 10526

i believe my thyroid/adrenals are good, I took defy’s pre trt bloodwork and Dr Saya looked at it and he said everything was normal except for the low LH and high SHBG.

Based on the above bloodwork is it correct that I am on the 31% low percentile?

I got to this number by (72.3-35)/(155-35) * 100 = 31

is this correct?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale