Is my free testosterone low?

Buy Lab Tests Online
As the title says, is my free testosterone low?
I am in my 20s for reference

Attachments

• 5CFE1DE5-8B09-4ECE-AA9A-E0533F893EF1.jpeg
    5CFE1DE5-8B09-4ECE-AA9A-E0533F893EF1.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 125
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

There's little actual information to make an assessment, testing method, Total T and SHBG. If your testing method is the direct immunoassay, then the Free T results are worthless.

The equilibrium dialysis or ultrafiltration should be used for greater accuracy. Also important is what time of day were these bloods drawn. Men's testosterone peak in the morning hours, by 12 noon testosterone levels have declined and continue to do so into the evening.

Let's say these lab results are accurate, what you should be asking is are your testosterone levels consistently elevated and are these levels low for you.

Last edited:
There's little actual information to make an assessment, testing method, Total T and SHBG. If your testing method is the direct immunoassay, then the Free T results are worthless.

The equilibrium dialysis or ultrafiltration should be used for greater accuracy. Also important is what time of day were these bloods drawn. Men's testosterone peak in the morning hours, by 12 noon testosterone levels have declined and continue to do so into the evening.

Let's say these lab results are accurate, what you should be asking is are your testosterone levels consistently elevated and are these levels low for you.

The testing method is ELISA, the testing was done at 10:15 AM. I didn’t take Total T and SHBG for this bloodwork, but I took one from a year ago. Last year my total T was 550 eith free T on the lower end of the range. Based on this range and let’s say the test result is accurate, is my free T considered low for my age?

I tried calculating it by (17-9.2)/(34.6-9.2) times 100=30.7% which I believe it placed me on the lower 30% percentile, which I believe is low for my case and age. Is this correct?

This bloodwork was taken around a month ago. The bloodwork was taken 3.5 to 4 weeks after I tried using toremifene to ‘restart’ my HPTA, which i suspected skewed the result a little upwards.

Attachments

• 299E0463-A7B4-4D66-A480-875F713C2056.jpeg
    299E0463-A7B4-4D66-A480-875F713C2056.jpeg
    554.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 464FE37C-AB76-4DBB-B1D3-B2019628FA2B.jpeg
    464FE37C-AB76-4DBB-B1D3-B2019628FA2B.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 78
This bloodwork was taken a year ago.
(No SERMS no nothing completely natural)

I consulted with Dr Saya and he told me I show a pattern of High SHBG, and he recommended me to go to the TRT route. I consulted with him showing this bloodwork and
This bloodwork was taken around a month ago. The bloodwork was taken 3.5 to 4 weeks after I tried using toremifene to ‘restart’ my HPTA, which i suspected skewed the result a little upwards.

this bloodwork. He did not see the last test for the Free Testosterone only test, just to give you guys the information.

Attachments

• B9B8929C-1740-44D2-95C7-9E8246847779.jpeg
    B9B8929C-1740-44D2-95C7-9E8246847779.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 3524731D-3C87-4E0E-BC16-1CAAED81AB11.jpeg
    3524731D-3C87-4E0E-BC16-1CAAED81AB11.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 88

madman

Super Moderator
This bloodwork was taken a year ago.
(No SERMS no nothing completely natural)

I consulted with Dr Saya and he told me I show a pattern of High SHBG, and he recommended me to go to the TRT route. I consulted with him showing this bloodwork and

this bloodwork. He did not see the last test for the Free Testosterone only test, just to give you guys the information.
I am in my 20s for reference

You have higher SHBG and at your age, I would not be jumping the gun unless your FT is truly low/sub-par.

Why do you keep getting the wrong testing method done for FT?

To truly know where your FT level sits you should be getting Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

You have higher SHBG and at your age, I would not be jumping the gun unless your FT is truly low/sub-par.

Why do you keep getting the wrong testing method done for FT?

To truly know where your FT level sits you should be getting Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

The bloodwork from a month ago uses Dialysis method. The bloodwork from a year ago isnot specified so it might dialysis as well, since it was done at the same country.
The last free T bloodwork is the one that I am sure that uses the ELISA method

madman

Super Moderator
The bloodwork from a month ago uses Dialysis method. The bloodwork from a year ago isnot specified so it might dialysis as well, since it was done at the same country.
The last free T bloodwork is the one that I am sure that uses the ELISA method

That is the only one I would rely on and your FT is just below the mean (mid-range).

madman

Super Moderator
To be honest, it is always best to test twice and within a few weeks in a fasted state between the hours of 8-10 am and I would go first thing in the morning 7-8 am.

Peak T levels would be between 6-8 am.

I am not located in the US.
To be honest, it is always best to test twice and within a few weeks in a fasted state between the hours of 8-10 am and I would go first thing in the morning 7-8 am.

Peak T levels would be between 6-8 am.

With the lab result, is my free T considered low for my age? Especially with the high SHBG and low LH

madman

Super Moderator
I am not located in the US.

With the lab result, is my free T considered low for my age? Especially with the high SHBG and low LH

Depends on what test you are looking at as they are different assays let alone reference ranges and the only one I would rely on is the FT Equilibrium Dialysis.

Again when testing FT you should be using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Always best to use the same lab and the same assay (most accurate) for blood work so you can compare the results.

The first 2 tests your FT is below the mean (mid-range) and far from optimal.
Screenshot (1832).png

Screenshot (1833).png

The most recent test your FT is dismal and just above the bottom end (low).
Screenshot (1834).png

sammmy

The test does not show you are low. However, free T tests in Europe are notoriously bad and can be used only to detect increase/decrease not the actual value.

If you believe increasing free T will solve your problems, simply take Arimidex 0.5mg for a few consecutive days and repeat the same test. It should substantially increase your free T and give you a boost in sexuality. This will be a preview of TRT. It is unlikely to address anything else - it won't make you more muscular, more masculine, or more confident.

Testosterone is not a panacea and body builders actually abuse it several times outside of normal levels together with other anabolic steriods to get that muscular/masculine and the popular 'roids rage' is not actually confidence. Regular TRT doses do not have such effects.

The test does not show you are low. However, free T tests in Europe are notoriously bad and can be used only to detect increase/decrease not the actual value.

If you believe increasing free T will solve your problems, simply take Arimidex 0.5mg for a few consecutive days and repeat the same test. It should substantially increase your free T and give you a boost in sexuality. This will be a preview of TRT. It is unlikely to address anything else - it won't make you more muscular, more masculine, or more confident.

Testosterone is not a panacea and body builders actually abuse it several times outside of normal levels together with other anabolic steriods to get that muscular/masculine and the popular 'roids rage' is not actually confidence. Regular TRT doses do not have such effects.

I dont think this is right at all, taking arimedex will only crash my E while on TRT you should not aim to crash your E.
Within the range and the bloodwork that I showed you the (17 and 72.3 free T) is it considered on the lower end for my age?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me