How to help my dad? His results....

Buy Lab Tests Online
I am 34 and believe I have finally dialed in my HRT with the help of Defy, its been a 5 year journey but like where I am at. My issue now is trying to help my father.

In short, he is a 70 years old and has dealt with many health issues over his life. All of those have been in check for about 10 years now but the depression, anxiety, fatigue, etc... has really been troubling him the past 10 years or so. Dr's prescribed all the typical meds but never quite got him to where he felt he should be. I asked him to have his T tested but it took him a while because he didn't have a doctor that would, especially at his age.

Again, I'm not naive, he is older and things are going to slow down but this did not seem normal. FINALLY, his family doctor tested his T and it was 123! That was way too low even for a man his age. His family physician did not know much so he started him on an injection every 4 weeks, he immediately felt better but than did the typical crash etc... I share everything I can with him and he has read Nelson and Dr. Chrisler's books. He is willing but I've got to get him to a doctor that knows a little something. I want him to feel good and enjoy these later years.

When I ask him about his labs, he says his doctor never shares his numbers with him but he did change his injection to every 2 weeks. My dad tells me that he has lost that 'good feeling' that he had when he first started. So I MADE him call the Dr. office and they are printing off all his labs for his personal record. I also purchased him a few basic labs through discountedlabs.com and drove him. Here are the results:

RBC 6.39
Hematocrit 53.0
RDW 16.2
Testosterone Total 1141
Free Testosterone 19.8
Estradiol 54.0
SHBG 37.2

Obviously the blood counts are high, angers me the Dr. has not been watching it.
1141 seems too high for a 70 year old man, I have not even gone that high. This was one week after/before his injection. Estradiol also seems high which may explain why he doesn't feel the good effects like he did. SHBG is not really low but it is lower than mid range.

I have not talked to him yet about these results (just go them) until I see all his others from the Dr office and then will make him a spread sheet. It's hard trying to tell your dad what to do but I almost feel like I am more knowledgeable about the issue than the Dr. is.

Your thoughts on his numbers? I'd like to talk to him with as much knowledge as possible. Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I am 34 and believe I have finally dialed in my HRT with the help of Defy, its been a 5 year journey but like where I am at. My issue now is trying to help my father.

In short, he is a 70 years old and has dealt with many health issues over his life. All of those have been in check for about 10 years now but the depression, anxiety, fatigue, etc... has really been troubling him the past 10 years or so. Dr's prescribed all the typical meds but never quite got him to where he felt he should be. I asked him to have his T tested but it took him a while because he didn't have a doctor that would, especially at his age.

Again, I'm not naive, he is older and things are going to slow down but this did not seem normal. FINALLY, his family doctor tested his T and it was 123! That was way too low even for a man his age. His family physician did not know much so he started him on an injection every 4 weeks, he immediately felt better but than did the typical crash etc... I share everything I can with him and he has read Nelson and Dr. Chrisler's books. He is willing but I've got to get him to a doctor that knows a little something. I want him to feel good and enjoy these later years.

When I ask him about his labs, he says his doctor never shares his numbers with him but he did change his injection to every 2 weeks. My dad tells me that he has lost that 'good feeling' that he had when he first started. So I MADE him call the Dr. office and they are printing off all his labs for his personal record. I also purchased him a few basic labs through discountedlabs.com and drove him. Here are the results:

RBC 6.39
Hematocrit 53.0
RDW 16.2
Testosterone Total 1141
Free Testosterone 19.8
Estradiol 54.0
SHBG 37.2

Obviously the blood counts are high, angers me the Dr. has not been watching it.
1141 seems too high for a 70 year old man, I have not even gone that high. This was one week after/before his injection. Estradiol also seems high which may explain why he doesn't feel the good effects like he did. SHBG is not really low but it is lower than mid range.

I have not talked to him yet about these results (just go them) until I see all his others from the Dr office and then will make him a spread sheet. It's hard trying to tell your dad what to do but I almost feel like I am more knowledgeable about the issue than the Dr. is.

Your thoughts on his numbers? I'd like to talk to him with as much knowledge as possible. Thanks

You haven't told us, unless I missed it, how much testosterone he is currently injecting every two weeks (which, as you know, is a foolish protocol). The scores you reported are the ones that were obtained from Discounted labs.com? Was the estradiol the sensitive test? SHBG is not low at all. Hematocrit is elevated.

I have to ask, given your relationship with them, why you don't introduce him to Defy?

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. You may not believe me when I say it, but its almost like his Dr wont tell him what he is injecting. I need to be forceful and just go with him but its tough because its hard to tell the man who changed your diaper what do to :) He WAS injection 3cc of 200mg every four weeks. He goes into the office for his injections. I am going to press harder on this.

Yes, those labs were from discountedlabs.com and yes it was the sensitive test (believe that is all they offer).

trust me, I have tried getting him to switch to Defy. He really enjoyed Dr Chrisler's book. The hold up is that this is a local doctor in our very small town that accepts medicare so he is really not paying anything. so its been a tough sale but i'm getting closer as he begins to get frustrated with his results

Hematocrit 53.0, time to donate blood. How long after his injection did he take his labs?

absolutely, i'm a little frustrated that the Dr. had not already said something to him but then again he never got printouts of his labs nor did the Dr. discuss any numbers with him. that is why I have been a little more forceful and go down and get his labs all printed out for him and I am going to look them over (will be visiting their house this eve). Maybe I'll get a clearer picture.

It was exactly one week after his injection which was one week before his next one so assume this was the peak

CoastWatcher

thanks for the reply. You may not believe me when I say it, but its almost like his Dr wont tell him what he is injecting. I need to be forceful and just go with him but its tough because its hard to tell the man who changed your diaper what do to :) He WAS injection 3cc of 200mg every four weeks. He goes into the office for his injections. I am going to press harder on this.

Yes, those labs were from discountedlabs.com and yes it was the sensitive test (believe that is all they offer).

trust me, I have tried getting him to switch to Defy. He really enjoyed Dr Chrisler's book. The hold up is that this is a local doctor in our very small town that accepts medicare so he is really not paying anything. so its been a tough sale but i'm getting closer as he begins to get frustrated with his results

Well, you know your father and the reasons he will or will not consult another doctor, but with the protocol he's been prescribed he's never going to feel as good as he possibly could. Good luck.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me