Are Estrogen Levels in Men Increasing in Recent Decades Due to Environmental and Other Causes?

Buy Lab Tests Online

kato

We know that men in the modern age are bombarded with estrogens and estrogenic chemicals from every direction in food, water, medications, environment, and products. Which leads me to wonder: what is actually an acceptable testosterone and estrogen level for men?

Testosterone levels have been declining by the decade. There is debate on how much, but clearly there is a significant drop. We have seen data on what "normal/average" testsoterone levels should be in men (~700) these days, so we can assume it was slightly higher.

What was the estrogen level of these men with higher testosterone? Did they have it in the same proportions? For example, if a healthy man today has a test level of 600 and an estradiol of 30, did the man from the 1900s with a 900 test level have an estradiol level of 45, or was it still around 30, or even lower?

And, would he actually have less of an estrogenic effect from that higher estradiol level - since he wasn't burdened with the extreme amounts of estrogens from the environment?

Would it not make sense for us on TRT who have the luxury of control of our hormones to keep our estradiol on the lower end of healthy/normal to alleviate the burden of these estrogenic chemicals, creating a more favorable balance of testosterone to estrogen?

As a side note:
Introducing HCG seems to increase aromatization in a good portion of men as well. Whether this is a direct upregulation of aromatase as has been shown in vitro, or a result of spikes in hormones can be debated, but at the end of the day, estradiol levels rise in the presence of HCG. However, some men report better sensitivity, blood flow, mood, etc. I notice this as well for a couple of weeks, before it dissipates and I start having high e2 symptoms. Excluding those who develop low pregnenolone, is there anything inherent about HCG that makes it necessary for TRT, given that there are plenty of men that seem to get dialed in without it? Or is it simply about finding the right dosage and frequency of cypionate to find a "sweet spot"?

p.s. I am aware of the many benefits of estradiol and this post is not to demonize it in any way, but to gain a further understanding of the declining masculinity of the modern male from a hormonal standpoint and balance my TRT appropriately.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks. Could you edit the title of your post so that it can be found more effectively by Google and also for us to know what the actual question is?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
We have no estradiol historical data but we are starting to get historical data on testosterone and also fertility in men. Do these lower T levels cause low estradiol levels or is the testosterone to estradiol ratio decreasing as men are more exposed to environmental estrogens? Good question with absolutely no data!

You're Not The Man Your Father Was

declining fertility in men excelmale.jpg

Source: Sharpe RM. Sperm counts and fertility in men: a rocky road ahead. Science & Society Series on Sex and Science. EMBO Rep. 2012;13(5):398–403. Published 2012 May 1. doi:10.1038/embor.2012.50 Sperm counts and fertility in men: a rocky road ahead: Science & Society Series on Sex and Science

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Fertil Steril. 1988 May;49(5):871-5.
Estradiol and male fertility.

Abstract
Serum estradiol (E2) levels were measured in 451 men attending an infertility clinic and 80 fertile men attending for vasectomy. The normal range of E2 levels found in fertile men was 70 to 200 pmol/l. Subfertile men had lower mean E2 levels than fertile men (P less than 0.05), but there was no relationship to obesity, cigarette smoking, age, or the male infertility diagnostic category. E2 levels in the subfertile group gave no prognostic information concerning future fertility. The authors conclude that E2 measurements in male patients are not useful in clinical infertility practice.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me