Will TRT effectiveness decrease over the years?

Buy Lab Tests Online

krm

Hi guys

sorry if this has been answered before, search didn't bring up anything meaningful.

As I'm about to start TRT hopefully soon, and as I'm only 35 years old, what I'm a bit worried about is that TRT might help my symptoms now - but if there would be some sort of decreasing effectiveness over the years (idk... receptors getting numb or something?), in 10 or 20 years I might be back to my current state, just without having anything to to do about it, as I've become "numb" to TRT.

Anyone who can comment on this? Are there any "diminishing returns" over the years, or can you just increase dosage if that should ever happen?

And, can I rely on this for the next 40-50+ years that I would be "on"?

Thanks a ton!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

You can't go on automatic pilot for the next 40 to 50 years. As we age out body changes and you may see your SHBG increase as you get older. Estradiol may also increase as you get older. If you put on layers of fat that can also increase levels of estradiol But, once we get dialed in, and we remain healthy, we should only have to tweak our protocols.

Vince

Super Moderator
I believe most men quit trt. The biggest issue is finding a good doctor and the discipline to continue injecting yourself two or more times a week. Nelson has been using testosterone for many years, he's proof that it can be done if you're willing to put in the work.

Systemlord

TRT won't do much for you if your eat garbage and live a life with little or no physical activity. If you are one of those who think TRT is going to keep you in top physical shape without putting any effort into life you will be disappointed.

Finding a knowledgeable doctor will not be be easy, this will be your biggest challenge! The majority of doctors, endocrinologists and urologists will be TRT ignorant. There's little written in the guidelines for doctors to follow as they are outdated, this is why so many men quit TRT.

krm

Thanks everyone for your answers. I understand that tweaks will be necessary, but I was not sure whether, generally speaking, testosterone will always be an "option".

A lot of drugs, over time, need dosage increase, up to the point where you just take them to because you have to (otherwise you'd have withdrawal symptoms), but they actually don't do much of what they initially did for you.

Seems like T isn't like that - which is great to hear.

Absolutely clear on lifestyle - being a slob and expecting magic definitely won't work with anything.

What's surprising to me though is that a few injections is so much of a big deal to follow through with.

My doctor "warned" me about this as well - he has patients for which even rubbing a little gel in every day seems to be too much, even more so getting a shot every now and then.
This seems strange - doing a shot every week or twice a week doesn't take that much time, so it doesn't seem "worse" than brushing your teeth every day, taking a shower, taking your vitamin supplements....

TRT won't do much for you if your eat garbage and live a life with little or no physical activity. If you are one of those who think TRT is going to keep you in top physical shape without putting any effort into life you will be disappointed.

Finding a knowledgeable doctor will not be be easy, this will be your biggest challenge! The majority of doctors, endocrinologists and urologists will be TRT ignorant. There's little written in the guidelines for doctors to follow as they are outdated, this is why so many men quit TRT.

Amen to this post. Get a good doctor and go from there. Having T levels in optimal range will not prevent aging, it will allow you to age well. System lord is spot on. You have to work out and take care of wellness. I wonder how many guys who post their problems are working out, eating well, have sound mental health and relationships and a good doctor. I’d bet not many.

DragonBits

Thanks everyone for your answers. I understand that tweaks will be necessary, but I was not sure whether, generally speaking, testosterone will always be an "option".

A lot of drugs, over time, need dosage increase, up to the point where you just take them to because you have to (otherwise you'd have withdrawal symptoms), but they actually don't do much of what they initially did for you.

Seems like T isn't like that - which is great to hear.

Absolutely clear on lifestyle - being a slob and expecting magic definitely won't work with anything.

What's surprising to me though is that a few injections is so much of a big deal to follow through with.

My doctor "warned" me about this as well - he has patients for which even rubbing a little gel in every day seems to be too much, even more so getting a shot every now and then.
This seems strange - doing a shot every week or twice a week doesn't take that much time, so it doesn't seem "worse" than brushing your teeth every day, taking a shower, taking your vitamin supplements....

I don't think androgen receptors lose sensitivity but I have no doubt TRT loses effectiveness the older you get.

I can fine tune dial in my hormones all I want, I will still not have the energy of a 25 year old.

If I am 90 who thinks I can have sex a couple of times a day if I just boost my testos?

What is important to take into account, boosting your testosterone now isn't going to negatively affect your body 30 years later. The opposite I think, if you have low T you will be in better shape to weather older age the sooner you start TRT.

M

MarkM

We're glad you found some answers here. Thanks for joining and participating in the forum.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me