Numb Penis after injection

Buy Lab Tests Online

1983lovegun

Hello to everyone that administrates this site and to all of the members that respond to all of the threads. I have been reading this forum for the last two years and this is my first time to post.

I have been having an issue, obviously as the title states. Every time I inject, my penis goes numb, loses sensitivity. I would love for someone to tell me why this is happening… what exactly could cause your penis to go numb after an injection of testosterone. I do not believe that I am injecting too much at one time. I have been taking testosterone for the last three years, and and this started happening about six months ago. I recently came off of testosterone on November 13. Sensitivity, while off of testosterone did not improve.

I started my new protocol this morning of once a week, 70 mg of enanthate. Lo and behold, my penis has gone numb again.
I have a very high SHBG, usually between 70 and 80. This is why I am doing weekly shot. I also produce testosterone naturally of 660, however, because of my high SHBG, I have been told that trt is the only way for me to get my free t up high enough.
At this point, I really would like an answer to what hormonally or chemically is going on that could cause that to happen every time I inject.

I really appreciate any response and guidance. I can answer any more questions if need be.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Every time I inject, my penis goes numb, loses sensitivity. I would love for someone to tell me why this is happening…
I seriously doubt TRT is the cause, but it may be contributing to whatever is causing it.

You need to post your most recent labs, Total T, SHBG, and estrogen.

What is your ferritin levels?

Last edited:

1983lovegun

It only goes numb within hours of an injection. The higher the amount, the worse it gets.
I was off TRT 6.5 weeks. The further I got away from an injection, the more sensation did come back. But nowhere near what it it should be, and what it was 6 months ago.
Injecting actually makes it numb.

Blood work after coming off for 6.5 weeks

SHBG: 72.7 ( range 16.5-55.9)
Total T-660 (range 294-916)
Estrogen-27.8 (range 7.6-42.6)
Ferritin-89 (range 30-400)
Free T-10.5 (range 6.8-21.5)

Systemlord

It only goes numb within hours of an injection. The higher the amount, the worse it gets.
I was off TRT 6.5 weeks. The further I got away from an injection, the more sensation did come back. But nowhere near what it it should be, and what it was 6 months ago.
Injecting actually makes it numb.

Blood work after coming off for 6.5 weeks

SHBG: 72.7 ( range 16.5-55.9)
Total T-660 (range 294-916)
Estrogen-27.8 (range 7.6-42.6)
Ferritin-89 (range 30-400)
Free T-10.5 (range 6.8-21.5)
You need to check ferritin on TRT. My ferritin levels decline very fast on TRT and require a heavy dose of iron! If I stop TRT, I no longer need iron supplements.

If your ferritin did take a hit on TRT, stopping would allow it to recover and you'd never know.

I have been told that trt is the only way for me to get my free t up high enough.
Why did you start TRT in the first place, because you were told to start TRT based solely on the numbers or because you had symptoms of low-T?

Last edited:

1983lovegun

You need to check ferritin on TRT. My ferritin levels decline very fast on TRT and require a heavy dose of iron! If I stop TRT, I no longer need iron supplements.

If your ferritin did take a hit on TRT, stopping would allow it to recover and you'd never know.

So low iron could be the cause of my penis going numb after one 70mg injection?
How long should I wait to test ferritin?
What is a good ferritin to have while in trt?

Why did you start TRT in the first place, because you were told to start TRT based solely on the numbers or because you had symptoms of low-T?

I had symptoms of low t, and blood work showed an extremely high shbg as well as a low free t.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
What effect did hCG have on this numbness? That has a reputation for improving sensitivity in some men.

What was your protocol and lab values during the first couple years when you didn't have this problem? What formulation of testosterone were you using back then?

1983lovegun

What effect did hCG have on this numbness? That has a reputation for improving sensitivity in some men.

I have never taken hCG.

What was your protocol and lab values during the first couple years when you didn't have this problem? What formulation of testosterone were you using back then?

The protocol that worked for me was 75-100mg a week. Enanthate

1983lovegun

I am really just trying to understand what is going on internally for my penis to go numb seriously within hours after an injection. Since I have only done a single shot since my restart, would it be okay for me to just stop again? Will this put a huge dent in my natural recovery?
I just came off of a 6.5 week ‘No trt at all period’
Why would an injection cause numbness down there?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Is there anyway that this could be caused by a bad bottle or batch of testosterone? Like the actual product is bad?
Well, if you ask me, every bottle that includes benzyl excipients is a bad batch -- but then I seem to be uniquely sensitive to it. It is an anesthetic though, and we're talking about numbness here.

More likely than that, I would guess it has something to do with HPTA shutdown. If you haven't tried hCG yet for this problem, you owe it to yourself to try.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Keep in mind that you are experiencing non-physiological variations in serum testosterone with these weekly injections. The peak levels after an injection can be 2-3 times higher than pre-injection troughs. To see if this is contributing to your problem you could try switching to 20 mg TC three times a week. It's also possible, as @FunkOdyssey says, that HPTA suppression is a contributing factor.

sammmy

Have you had any benefit from TRT during your trial? Has it delivered the hype that made you start?

You should do a cost/benefit analysis since your natural T is low normal and you don't need to be "optimized" to be healthy and live well. Don't fix it if it isn't broken. Mother Nature knows best.

1983lovegun

Keep in mind that you are experiencing non-physiological variations in serum testosterone with these weekly injections. The peak levels after an injection can be 2-3 times higher than pre-injection troughs. To see if this is contributing to your problem you could try switching to 20 mg TC three times a week. It's also possible, as @FunkOdyssey says, that HPTA suppression is a contributing factor.

Thank you for the response!
Would you say that the 20 mg shot will be enough to help keep SHBG down?
Do you think the amount of injection is what is causing the issue? I have asked this a few times, but what chemical/enzyme/ hormone could be being affected to cause my penis to go numb? Obviously, I know it is the testosterone that I am injecting, but what is it affecting down the line to actually affect the skin of a sex organ?

1983lovegun

Have you had any benefit from TRT during your trial? Has it delivered the hype that made you start?

You should do a cost/benefit analysis since your natural T is low normal and you don't need to be "optimized" to be healthy and live well. Don't fix it if it isn't broken. Mother Nature knows best.
Even with my testosterone, naturally at 660, I don’t feel good. And with everything I have read, I believe that it is because of my high SHBG keeping my free testosterone so low. I have always read that hire SHBG guys should do the less frequent and higher dose at one time. I would love for everyone to tell me maybe that is not the case. Seriously, the only issue I have is this numb thing. I took my 70 mg of enanthate shot Friday morning. Here we are Monday morning, and slowly, I have more feeling returning in the area down there. I am lost of what to do next. However, if I need to do multiple a week shots that are smaller, I definitely can. I just was under the assumption to do the 70 mg all at once because of the SHBG. Since I am doing such a low-dose, I really thought 70 mg at once would not be a problem… I didn’t know it would be supraphysiological. I really appreciate everyone responding. Please don’t think I am arguing. I just would like some input of what to try. I am all ears!

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I have always read that hire SHBG guys should do the less frequent and higher dose at one time. I would love for everyone to tell me maybe that is not the case.
Personally, I think this is nonsense. I've seen too many low SHBG guys who like once weekly protocols and too many high SHBG guys who like daily protocols.

SHBG isn't the sustained release mechanism you are depending on to keep your levels steady across time. What you are relying on is the oil depot you injected and that oil depot doesn't care what your SHBG is. The testosterone comes drip, drip, dripping out of it just the same.

If injecting large amounts makes your dick numb then I would try the complete opposite. See what 10 mg does. If it doesn't affect you negatively maybe you try 10 mg ED instead of 70 mg E7D.

Systemlord

I believe that it is because of my high SHBG keeping my free testosterone so low.
This is definitely not the case, SHBG doesn’t lower testosterone production. Testosterone production is determined by the stimulating hormone, LH, and the response by the testes.

Case and point ->

Total Testosterone LC/MS: 1,238 H (250-1100) high
Free Testosterone
Equilibrium Dialysis: 195.6 H (35-155) high
LH: 5.4
(1.5-9.3)
FSH: 5.3 (1.6-8)
SHBG: 65 H (10-50) high

Last edited:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I have asked this a few times, but what chemical/enzyme/ hormone could be being affected to cause my penis to go numb? Obviously, I know it is the testosterone that I am injecting, but what is it affecting down the line to actually affect the skin of a sex organ?
We aren't answering you because we don't know. Fortunately, you don't always need to understand the exact mechanisms at play to troubleshoot TRT problems. Trial and error is the way.

P. S. Don't forget about hCG's reputation for restoring sensitivity in men on TRT. I will keep repeating this until you acknowledge you've heard and understood.

Systemlord

We aren't answering you because we don't know. Fortunately, you don't always need to understand the exact mechanisms at play to troubleshoot TRT problems. Trial and error is the way.

P. S. Don't forget about hCG's reputation for restoring sensitivity in men on TRT. I will keep repeating this until you acknowledge you've heard and understood.
I gave him a plausible explanation for what’s causing his issues. It’s as if it was completely dismissed.

He wants the easy answer, the quick fix. He’s not going to be able to figure this out without some trial and error.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me