What Peptides Increase Appetite the Most?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Wild_Man

I have a severe IGF-1 deficiency and I also have lost 90% of my appetite over the last year. I can barely eat food without feeling full or nauseous. I am trying to figure out which GH Peptides will stimulate an increase in my appetite the most.

From reading this forum, I am aware that MK-677 has made many of you raid the fridge at 4am LOL. So that seems like what I need, however, I don't want my head to grow lol.

Can someone walk me through this a bit? Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BadassBlues

I have a severe IGF-1 deficiency and I also have lost 90% of my appetite over the last year. I can barely eat food without feeling full or nauseous. I am trying to figure out which GH Peptides will stimulate an increase in my appetite the most.

From reading this forum, I am aware that MK-677 has made many of you raid the fridge at 4am LOL. So that seems like what I need, however, I don't want my head to grow lol.

Can someone walk me through this a bit? Thanks!
GHRP-6 and GHRP-2 both increase appetite. They are both synthetic derivatives of Ghrelin.

BigTex

GHRP-6 and GHRP-2 both increase appetite. They are both synthetic derivatives of Ghrelin.
When I was sourcing peptides, I had a IFBB pro bodybuilder who use to buy quite a lot of GHRP6 when it came time to bulk. He says it made him out of control hungry.

I knew a powerlifter back in the 80's that swore a cattle product called Ralgrow was the best way to increase hunger. I have no idea how it was used.

sammmy

Feeling full or nauseous can be a sign of various intestinal infections: H. Pylori is the most probable. If that is the case, you should also address the root cause, not just mask it with appetite-stimulating drugs.

I had it, killed it with antibiotics and no more nausea and feeling full from the smallest meal.

Wild_Man

Feeling full or nauseous can be a sign of various intestinal infections: H. Pylori is the most probable. If that is the case, you should also address the root cause, not just mask it with appetite-stimulating drugs.

I had it, killed it with antibiotics and no more nausea and feeling full from the smallest meal.
Thank you so much for saying this. I have been trying to find a root cause but wasn’t getting anywhere. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist coming up soon so I’ll bring this up to him.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I came here to say this. Loss of appetite is a symptom of a medical problem, and it is not a peptide deficiency. As Sammy said, H. Pylori / gastritis is the most common cause.

sammmy

For H. Pylori, keep in mind that the usual breath test that they do at Dr's office is not very sensitive. I had one negative breath test when I had full blown symptoms, then I detected it with a PCR stool test GI-MAP, and then confirmed with a stool antigen test. Your best shot at detecting it with a test covered by the insurance is with the stool antigen test.

About 50% of the population is infected with H. Pylori but in many it doesn't cause any symptoms until later in life when immunity dwindles and the infection gets out of control.

The GI-MAP stool test is typically not covered by the insurance and costs $350 out of pocket but can detect a whole slew of digestive problems: bacterial infections (it even tests for antibiotic resistance if H. Pylori is present), parasite/amoeba infections, worms, digestive enzymes, occult blood (screening for colon cancer) etc.

In my case, it found H. Pylori (with its resistance profile), C. Difficile and deficient pancreatic enzymes (I currently need to take prescription for it) so it saved my life 3 times.

Wild_Man

For H. Pylori, keep in mind that the usual breath test that they do at Dr's office is not very sensitive. I had one negative breath test when I had full blown symptoms, then I detected it with a PCR stool test GI-MAP, and then confirmed with a stool antigen test. Your best shot at detecting it with a test covered by the insurance is with the stool antigen test.

About 50% of the population is infected with H. Pylori but in many it doesn't cause any symptoms until later in life when immunity dwindles and the infection gets out of control.

The GI-MAP stool test is typically not covered by the insurance and costs $350 out of pocket but can detect a whole slew of digestive problems: bacterial infections (it even tests for antibiotic resistance if H. Pylori is present), parasite/amoeba infections, worms, digestive enzymes, occult blood (screening for colon cancer) etc.

In my case, it found H. Pylori (with its resistance profile), C. Difficile and deficient pancreatic enzymes (I currently need to take prescription for it) so it saved my life 3 times.
I don’t know how I didn’t think to look into a guy bacteria problem.

I had C. Diff a year ago so maybe the antibiotics I took for it made me susceptible to another bacteria. Who knows.

Wild_Man

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I came here to say this. Loss of appetite is a symptom of a medical problem, and it is not a peptide deficiency. As Sammy said, H. Pylori / gastritis is the most common cause.
Thank you for the help. I appreciate this forum a lot. I would never have figured this out without you guys. I can barely eat and my stomach hurts pretty bad so I called my GI doc and they’re trying to get me in for an upper endoscopy ASAP.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Thank you for the help. I appreciate this forum a lot. I would never have figured this out without you guys. I can barely eat and my stomach hurts pretty bad so I called my GI doc and they’re trying to get me in for an upper endoscopy ASAP.
Good move going for the endoscopy. With the GI-MAP, if you don't have a practitioner to order that for you, you can do it yourself at mylabsforlife.com.

Wild_Man

Good move going for the endoscopy. With the GI-MAP, if you don't have a practitioner to order that for you, you can do it yourself at mylabsforlife.com.
Update for everyone:

Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy all during the same procedure. Crazy right. They couldn’t see any issues on camera but I am still waiting on the stomach biopsy results to come back.

Appetite is still low but nausea comes and goes in waves.

Should I still consider a GI Map?

ajax31

You might check zinc levels, too, as appetite loss is known to be an early symptom.

Zinc deficiency is widespread.

Also chronic drinking can suppress the appetite. Just some other areas to look into in addition to GI-MAP.

Wild_Man

You might check zinc levels, too, as appetite loss is known to be an early symptom.

Zinc deficiency is widespread.

Also chronic drinking can suppress the appetite. Just some other areas to look into in addition to GI-MAP.
I eat beef liver every now and then so I thought my zinc would be covered but I’ll try to get it tested anyway.

And I don’t drink alcohol at all.

Thank you for the ideas though

sammmy

Endoscopy and colonoscopy are not very sensitive tests, except for polyps, cancers, and obvious gastritis, ulcers, and colitis.

I had endoscopy in 2019, which found "Antral-type gastric mucosa with features of mild chronic atrophic gastritis and early reactive gastropathy change." but no H. Pylori. It depends where they take the biopsy from.

Last edited:

Wild_Man

Endoscopy and colonoscopy are not very sensitive tests, except for polyps, cancers, and obvious gastritis, ulcers, and colitis.

I had endoscopy in 2019, which found "Antral-type gastric mucosa with features of mild chronic atrophic gastritis and early reactive gastropathy change." but no H. Pylori. It depends where they take the biopsy from.
What were the tests you had done that came up positive for H. Pylori? I had a little trouble understanding your previous comment up above.

Is there a specific GI Map for just H. Pylori or is the GI Map one big comprehensive stool test?

And is the PCR stool test you did specific to H. Pylori?

Is the stool antigen test you did specific to H. Pylori too?

I’m just trying to figure out what to ask my doctor for. Thanks for all the help man.

sammmy

Even if you have H. Pylori in your stomach, the biopsy does not test the whole stomach area but only a few spots from which they take a biopsy, so it may miss H. Pylori infection. My H. Pylori was not detected on endoscopy in 2019 but I had signs of a mild gastritis and the most common cause of gastritis is H. Pylori.

My H. Pylori gave a false negative breath test, then a positive GI-MAP stool test, later confirmed with a positive stool antigen test.

The H. Pylori stool antigen is specific and looks only for H. Pylori - this test should be covered by your health insurance.

The insurance will not cover GI-MAP and it is around $350 out of pocket. It is a very sensitive PCR (DNA) stool test for many digestive infections and problems - hence it is called "MAP". It includes an H. Pylori panel and if they find it present, it will test it genetically for antibiotic resistance. I have not found a way to request only the H. Pylori panel part of it.

Here is an example report from GI-MAP:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Even if you have H. Pylori in your stomach, the biopsy does not test the whole stomach area but only a few spots from which they take a biopsy, so it may miss H. Pylori infection. My H. Pylori was not detected on endoscopy in 2019 but I had signs of a mild gastritis and the most common cause of gastritis is H. Pylori.

My H. Pylori gave a false negative breath test, then a positive GI-MAP stool test, later confirmed with a positive stool antigen test.

The H. Pylori stool antigen is specific and looks only for H. Pylori - this test should be covered by your health insurance.

The insurance will not cover GI-MAP and it is around $350 out of pocket. It is a very sensitive PCR (DNA) stool test for many digestive infections and problems - hence it is called "MAP". It includes an H. Pylori panel and if they find it present, it will test it genetically for antibiotic resistance. I have not found a way to request only the H. Pylori panel part of it.

Here is an example report from GI-MAP:

They do have only the H. Pylori panel available and it is much less expensive:

Wild_Man

They do have only the H. Pylori panel available and it is much less expensive:

@FunkOdyssey and @sammmy tha k you guys for the help. I am going to get as many of these tests done as I can.

I am realizing that all of my hormone issues are probably due to my low body fat levels. Which is due to my extremely low appetite. So this guy bacteria that I have, whatever it is, is the root of my issues. This sucks so badly but I’m glad to have gotten to the bottom of it.

Endoscopy results still aren’t in yet. I’m going to push for these tests and hope for the best.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me