Low Dose MK 677 for Healthspan Extension

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

I take 12.5mg usually. I am not so particular on the time and just take it when I remember, which reminds me I need to take mine today. No water gains from what I can tell. I also do hGH EOD at 1.5iu.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Read from the first post ;)

12.5, taken at night. Absolutely zero negative side effects to report. So far, pleasantly surprised.
awesome to hear! Will have to maybe look into trying some. Would be cheaper and easier to take than growth peptides.

u still taking ipa and CJC?

did u share where ur getting ur MK-677 from? If not, do u mind if I ask where?

BadassBlues

awesome to hear! Will have to maybe look into trying some. Would be cheaper and easier to take than growth peptides.

u still taking ipa and CJC?

did u share where ur getting ur MK-677 from? If not, do u mind if I ask where?
I finished my last course of Ipam last week. No point in doing Ipam when the MK-677 provides a steady supply of GH. I am going to do this for 8 weeks and see how it goes, so far so good.

Nuscience doesn't carry MK-677, so I bought it at Peptide Sciences. 150.00 for an 8 week supply.

Read through the thread for some good info.

Keepfit1

Most people taking MK 677 are using dosages in the 20-25 mg range from what I have researched. Some are even going as high as 50 mg. Interestingly, higher doses do increase IGF-1 significantly, but not quite the same for GH. Using MK 677 for anabolic purposes, a higher IGF-1 would be preferred, but along with that come the unwanted side effects of water retention, increased appetite and others. In this study, it was found that a 10 mg dose increased GH to similar levels as a 50 mg dose.

For anti aging and health span extension, it would be safe to theorize that a daily 10 mg dose before bed would be beneficial. MK 677 has a dramatic effect on sleep quality, skin and hair, cognitive function, sexual function and a host of other benefits. The lower dose would likely result in little to none of the side effects seen at higher doses, but still provide the benefits for health span extension.

High Dose MK-677 Vs. Low Dose MK-677 Results

This article will delve into exactly what you can expect from high dose MK-677 vs low dose MK-677, and how that will correlate to your individually specific goals.
Referring to the following study we can see what HGH/IGF-1 level response is to a relatively low dose of MK-677 (10 mg per day), as well as what the response is to a high dose of MK-677 (50 mg per day).
Oral administration of growth hormone (GH) releasing peptide-mimetic MK-677 stimulates the GH/insulin-like growth factor-I axis in selected GH-deficient adults.
Read the following results from this study carefully:
“After treatment with 10 mg MK-677, IGF-1 concentrations increased 52 +/- 20% (65 +/- 6 to 99 +/- 9 micrograms/L, geometric mean +/- intrasubject SE, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline), and 24 h mean GH concentrations increased 79 +/- 19% (0.14 +/- 0.01 to 0.26 +/- 0.02 microgram/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline).
Following treatment with 50 mg MK-677, IGF-1 concentrations increased 79 +/- 9% (84 +/- 3 to 150 +/- 6 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline) and 24-h mean GH concentrations increased 82 +/- 29% (0.21 +/- 0.02 to 0.39 +/- 0.04 microgram/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline), respectively. Serum IGF binding protein-3 concentrations increased with both 10 mg (1.2 +/- 0.1 to 1.7 +/- 0.1 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05) and 50 mg MK-677 (1.7 +/- 0.1 to 2.2 +/- 0.2 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05).”
While there are a lot of random numbers thrown around that may seem confusing, there is one very apparent factor that becomes obvious.
The 50 mg dose of MK-677 resulted in a significantly higher IGF-1 level increase than 10 mg of MK-677 did, but an almost equivalent increase in GH concentrations.
[IMG alt="Placebo Vs 10mg MK-677 Vs 50mg MK-677 in GH deficient men - GH Levels"]https://i0.wp.com/moreplatesmoredates.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Placebo-Vs-10mg-MK-677-Vs-50mg-MK-677-in-GH-deficient-men-GH-Levels.jpeg?resize=1200,788&ssl=1[/IMG]Placebo Vs 10mg MK-677 Vs 50mg MK-677 in GH deficient men – GH Levels[IMG alt="Placebo Vs 10mg MK-677 Vs 50mg MK-677 in GH deficient men - IGF-1 Levels"]https://i0.wp.com/moreplatesmoredates.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Placebo-Vs-10mg-MK-677-Vs-50mg-MK-677-in-GH-deficient-men-IGF-1-Levels.jpeg?resize=1200,824&ssl=1[/IMG]Placebo Vs 10mg MK-677 Vs 50mg MK-677 in GH deficient men – IGF-1 Levels
10 mg MK-677 increased serum IGF-1 levels by 52% on average, and increased GH levels by 79% on average.
50 mg MK-677 increased serum IGF-1 levels by 79% on average, and increased GH levels by 82% on average.
What we can conclude from this is that 50 mg doesn’t result in much higher GH concentrations than 10 mg does, but it did result in significantly higher IGF-1 concentrations.
So you might still be sitting there wondering what that really means in terms of which dose you should be doing your own research with.
The answer to that lies in the difference between the function of high GH levels and high IGF-1 levels.
In general, high GH levels typically equate to more fat loss, anti-aging and healing, whilst high IGF-1 levels equate to more muscle growth.
For a more comprehensive and complete list of the benefits of HGH vs. IGF-1, please refer to my original MK-677 article.
Based on the study, if fat loss and the anti-aging/healing benefits of HGH is all that is sought after by the user, a 10 mg dose would likely be sufficient.
Whereas if the user was seeking maximized muscle growth potential, then higher IGF-1 levels would be what they are after, and would then justify a higher dosing protocol.
While this study did compare 50 mg and 10 mg dosing, delving further into other studies you will note that there is a significant diminishing returns effect on IGF-1 levels once you hit a dosage of 25 mg per day.
You can still get almost all of the increase in IGF-1 concentration with 25 mg that 50 mg would produce.
Hence, 50 mg is unnecessarily high to research with, and 25 mg is the benchmark for boosting IGF-1 levels significantly higher, while still reaping all of the benefits of the GH increase.
Keep this in mind when designing your protocol as the optimal dosage will be different based upon your specific individual goals.
can I ask who wrote the paper above

Keepfit1

Just came off the 4iu hGH injections and added 10mg MK677/d. Talk about a huge difference in the side effects. No more walking around like a zombie. But I am able to keep the muscle on using metformin and a higher calorie diet. Metformin usually makes me drop a whole lot of weigh.
do yo mean you have more sides on MK

Keepfit1

There are no long term studies of any GH boosters in humans at all so any claims that it increases healthspan in long term are speculations and marketing hype by "Small Pharma" i.e. sites selling "peptides", based on exaggerated effects of short term studies. The anabolic effects are real of course, but I have yet to see an anabolic that is actually healthy when you overdo it.

However, there are actual studies of what high GH levels can do to you in a disease called Acromegaly, that anyone thinking of injecting GH boosters should know about:

Abstract:

Patients with acromegaly have a reduced life expectancy, with the accepted causes for premature death being vascular and respiratory disease. Increased mortality from malignant disease has also been reported. We, therefore, performed a multicenter retrospective cohort study of 1362 patients with acromegaly and investigated the relationships of mortality and cancer incidence with GH levels, duration of disease, and age at diagnosis.

The overall cancer incidence rate [standardized incidence ratio, 0.76; 95% confidence interval (CI), 0.60–0.95] was lower than that in the general population of the United Kingdom, and there was no significant increase in site-specific cancer incidence rates. The overall cancer mortality rate was not increased, but the colon cancer mortality rate (standardized mortality ratio, 2.47; 95% CI, 1.31–4.22) was higher than expected. Mortality rates due to colon cancer, all malignant disease, cardiovascular disease and overall mortality were increased with higher posttreatment GH levels (P for trends,<0.02, <0.05, <0.02, and <0.0001). The overall mortality rate in patients with acromegaly with posttreatment GH levels less than 2.5 ng/mL (5 mU/L) was comparable to that in the general population of the United Kingdom (standardized mortality ratio, 1.10; 95% CI, 0.89–1.35).
as I understand it acromegaly have very high IGF-1 levels compared to those taking GH or peptides for HRT reasons ie keeping IGF-1 at natural levels

Keepfit1

12 month study cannot detect cancerous effects that take years to develop. The concern with GH stimulators is not only cancer but also metabolic and cardiovascular disease, which is the main problem in Acromegaly.

Patents and phase 2 or 3 studies do not matter - they are short term and completely missing or downplaying long term side effects. Remember the vaccines are "safe and effective"...

People intermittently using MK-677 and dropping it does not prove safety. It's like doing an anabolic sycle - won't kill you right now but the chances increase if you keep doing it for decades, as bodybuilders show.
for what its worth Dr Hertoghe reckons there is a lower rate of cancer in his GH patients than general public

BigTex

as I understand it acromegaly have very high IGF-1 levels compared to those taking GH or peptides for HRT reasons ie keeping IGF-1 at natural level
Acromegaly patient are typically substantially elevated (3-fold to 10-fold),

Normal IGF-1 level are:
  • 182 to 780 ng/mL for ages 16 to 24
  • 114 to 492 ng/mL for ages 25 to 39
  • 90 to 360 ng/mL for ages 40 to 54
  • 71 to 290 ng/mL for people 55 and older
So imagine a middle age man with an IGF-1 level of 1080 - 3600mg/dl. Yep, you will never accomplish this using rhGH or peptides.

Keepfit1

I take 12.5mg usually. I am not so particular on the time and just take it when I remember, which reminds me I need to take mine today. No water gains from what I can tell. I also do hGH EOD at 1.5iu.
can I ask you where does that keep your IGF-1 and does the MK make you eat everything in site

BigTex

for what its worth Dr Hertoghe reckons there is a lower rate of cancer in his GH patients than general public
Li Zeng, Xiaoxiao Song, Chenhong Lin, Jon Kee Ho, Pingxiang Yu, Sanjay Jaiswal, Xiaohong Xu. Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy in Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency and Risk of Cancer: A Meta-Analysis. Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases > Vol.7 No.9, September 2017.

In conclusion, our study corroborates evidence from previous studies showing that GH replacement therapy in AGHD patients would not increase the risk of cancer; instead, it might be even decrease cancer risk. The results suggested that GH replacement therapy in AGHD patients was safe.

BigTex

can I ask you where does that keep your IGF-1 and does the MK make you eat everything in site
I have never used IGF-1 because the 1/2 life is very short. Instead I used IGF-1 Lr3 which has a 24 hour half life. After reconstituting, I keep it in the refrigerator. Most blood testing I have seen people get in the 400's.

MK is a ghrelin receptor antagonist. When ghrelin levels rise so does hunger. For some reason it doesn't effect me. I eat the same. Some people eat everything in site.

Keepfit1

I have never used IGF-1 because the 1/2 life is very short. Instead I used IGF-1 Lr3 which has a 24 hour half life. After reconstituting, I keep it in the refrigerator. Most blood testing I have seen people get in the 400's.

MK is a ghrelin receptor antagonist. When ghrelin levels rise so does hunger. For some reason it doesn't effect me. I eat the same. Some people eat everything in site.
sorry what I meant was if your taking 12.5mg MK and 1.5iu GH EOD where does that keep your IGF-1 levels.

BigTex

sorry what I meant was if your taking 12.5mg MK and 1.5iu GH EOD where does that keep your IGF-1 levels.
I have not had them checked. I have no idea what my baseline is. I have no doubt my levels are on the high end of normal. I may break down and do the testing next year, once my I have met my deductible on insurance.. Right now I am trying to get other medical issues done before the1st of the year.

BadassBlues

One thing I can say so far, at 12.5 mg, I have had no change in appetite.

Keepfit1

One thing I can say so far, at 12.5 mg, I have had no change in appetite.
thats interesting because I heard some people on here wake up and empty the fridge on MK. Also interesting what you say about Lr3 , how long does it keep in the fridge once mixed. Ive tried GH but didnt feel good on it, Hertoghe says that GH can lower cortisol , hence feeling bad and he for some patients especially older ones mixes GH with IGF-1 , I think he said about quarter IGF-1 to three quarters GH. He said if using Lr3 with GH use I think it was a tenth of the dose to regular IGF-1. I thought about trying it as my IGF-1 is down around 90. One thing I heard about the LR3 on some board maybe this one is that you cant measure how its going by measuring IGf-1 for some reason, do you reckon thats right?

BigTex

I see advertisement talking about how much better men feel on GH. I have to call BS. I feel no different unless I do too much. Example

• Muscle gain - not unless you workout and add testosterone
  • Weight loss - absolutely but it is very slow
  • Better sleep - never noticed it
  • Stronger, healthier muscles - if you workout and take testosterone
  • Maximized weight loss ability - yes
  • Increased libido/sex drive - NO WAY
  • Accelerated wound healing - probably
  • Rejuvenated aging skin/tissue - it helps.
IGF-1 may be a better choice. It is better at cell proliferation. Better at fatty acid oxidation It reduces myostatin which is a growth inhibitors and most likely causes hyperplasia of muscle cells.. It is also better at protecting cells against oxidative damage. It also helps lower blood glucose levels. You only need about 25-50mcg per day. So dollar for dollar, it is cheaper than hGH.

Do IGF-1 serum levels mean things are going to go well? That depends on how you respond to IGF-1 levels. If you are doing bodybuilding, with testosterone IGF-1 and insulin you are going to stimulate a lot of growth. As far as life extension, I have never tried but I suspect normal to a high normal are much healthier that low.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me