Trans scrotal testosterone cream application is a game changer

Buy Lab Tests Online

Charliebizz

I have a question for scrotal cream users: when you rub it in, does it eventually disappear?

I have 20% from Empower and 15% from a local pharmacy. I use the topi-click to apply and rub in the cream. The Empower cream eventually disappears as you rub it in. The cream from the local pharmacy leaves a white residue regardless of how much I rub it in.

The local pharmacy actually re-compounded it with a different base for me because I thought something was wrong, but I still have the residue.

Anyone else have a cream that does this? I don't care about it, but want to make sure it does not reflect lack of absorption.
I had medquest cream (super potent shit ) and it would leave residue in my underwear. Empower rarely leaves any residue. But I feel like the medquest was more potent. (Can’t confirm with labs) I don’t think it’s a problem.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Charliebizz

I've only used the 20% hydrogel from Empower which does almost completely disappear. There might be a very faint white tinge if you look closely.
Yeah I shower at night and put cream on after. In the morning before work I will clean my balls again. With water they get a little milky while cleaning so you know it was still there but for the most part it’s hard to notice. Empower hrt base was the same also. They just smell a little different. And with hrt base they feel almost like you put lotion on after for a while. The hydrogel is super dry.

Fortunate

@Charliebizz, I think you mentioned this before, but have you noticed a difference between the standard base and the Atrevis hydrogel? Either subjectively or in terms of lab results? Anyone else try both that can compare?

Fortunate

@readalot, this one is for you: I am trying to figure out if the twice a day cream dosing is justified.

I have heard some throw around a 24 hour half-life for cream, but I can't verify this number or where it comes from. There is some data on the scrotal cream paper we all reference, so I don't know if we are extrapolating from that or if there is some other data out there.

That said, if the half-life is 24 hours, does Q12 hour dosing make sense to achieve a steady state, assuming first order kinetics? Or, would a schedule like this "overshoot" serum concentrations over time?

To anyone else: who knows where the 24 hour half-life estimate came from, and do we think it's a reasonable estimate?

RobRoy

I have a question for scrotal cream users: when you rub it in, does it eventually disappear?

I have 20% from Empower and 15% from a local pharmacy. I use the topi-click to apply and rub in the cream. The Empower cream eventually disappears as you rub it in. The cream from the local pharmacy leaves a white residue regardless of how much I rub it in.

The local pharmacy actually re-compounded it with a different base for me because I thought something was wrong, but I still have the residue.

Anyone else have a cream that does this? I don't care about it, but want to make sure it does not reflect lack of absorption.
Seems like you spend a lot of unnecessary time pontificating on the cream. Use index and middle fingers to apply to scrotum and then wash hands. It should rub in all the way and disappear like lotion. You should wait at least 5 hours after applying for sexual activity, or wait until after sexual activity to apply, or if you want to have sexual activity within 5 hours of applying it then go wash it off, or if sexual activity is very scheduled like with some couples (always tues and Friday night for example) then just don't apply it those nights. The once versus twice daily is based on clinical experience and personal preference. No written rule. There is a approx 25% decrease at 12 hours and approx 40% at 16 hours from peak absorption after applying 50mg. The pharmacies you are using don't independently test their testosterone so I would only use a pharmacy that does (like Medquest) otherwise you cannot guarantee consistent potency. Each man will absorb the different bases differently. So in each man you adjust dosage based on his particular levels with each base. They all work when compounded correctly. The atrevis base gives great levels but not made to apply to scrotum and some men have developed a bad rash using it there. Ive used every base available and the HRT base is the best all around base. Nobody has more experience with the scrotal cream in the US our world for that matter. So instead of forums or asking men that have zero clinical experience, have you ever considered consulting with someone who specializes in HRT?

Fortunate

Seems like you spend a lot of unnecessary time pontificating on the cream. Use index and middle fingers to apply to scrotum and then wash hands. It should rub in all the way and disappear like lotion. You should wait at least 5 hours after applying for sexual activity, or wait until after sexual activity to apply, or if you want to have sexual activity within 5 hours of applying it then go wash it off, or if sexual activity is very scheduled like with some couples (always tues and Friday night for example) then just don't apply it those nights. The once versus twice daily is based on clinical experience and personal preference. No written rule. There is a approx 25% decrease at 12 hours and approx 40% at 16 hours from peak absorption after applying 50mg. The pharmacies you are using don't independently test their testosterone so I would only use a pharmacy that does (like Medquest) otherwise you cannot guarantee consistent potency. Each man will absorb the different bases differently. So in each man you adjust dosage based on his particular levels with each base. They all work when compounded correctly. The atrevis base gives great levels but not made to apply to scrotum and some men have developed a bad rash using it there. Ive used every base available and the HRT base is the best all around base. Nobody has more experience with the scrotal cream in the US our world for that matter. So instead of forums or asking men that have zero clinical experience, have you ever considered consulting with someone who specializes in HRT?
  1. I am a patient of Justin Saya
    1. We discussed cream at length, but not to the how-do-rub-my-nuts detail.
  2. I was a patient of John Crisler in the past (may the good man rest in peace)
    1. In fact, I believe I was one of the early observers of the mid-day crash that had many guys wanting to dose a second time during the day. I used transdermal years ago. I recall running it by him, and he was open to dosing twice a day, although, at the time, it appeared to me that it was a new concept to him.
  3. I have a local TRT physician
  4. As you astutely pointed out, much of HRT is based on "clinical experience" and "personal preference", which amounts to anecdotes. This forum is full of those and is a reasonable place to compare notes.
  5. I assume you meant "pondering" rather than "pontificating". If not, please let me know what in my (admittedly neurotic) quest for information came off as pontificating?
  6. As always, I respect and appreciate your insights.

T

tareload

So instead of forums or asking men that have zero clinical experience, have you ever considered consulting with someone who specializes in HRT?
Do you ever recommend your patients do anal application to shorten the effective half life and approximate physiologic pulses better. Does not seem to have caught on and wondered your thoughts?

Unpublished data indicates very different elimination half life for anal vs scrotal.

How have you been? Are you doing OK after the TRAVERSE study was released?

I bet we would be fast friends in real life. You can't be this big of a tool in person. Let's be buddies; I did try once before and will again extend the invitation.

Thanks again @Gman86 for challenging me to be nicer on here. It is working. I have empathy even for @RobRoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman86

Do you ever recommend your patients do anal application to shorten the effective half life and approximate physiologic pulses better. Does not seem to have caught on and wondered your thoughts?

Unpublished data indicates very different elimination half life for anal vs scrotal.

I bet we would be fast friends in real life. You can't be this big of a tool in person. Let's be buddies; I did try once before and will again extend the invitation.

Thanks againn @Gman86 for challenging me to be nicer on here. It is working. I have empathy even for @RobRoy.
Hahah, im not only loving this new and improved u, but I’m also thoroughly entertained lol

Charliebizz

Thanks again @Gman86 for challenging me to be nicer on here. It is working. I have empathy even for @RobRoy.
What is this traverse study you speak of ?

T

tareload

What is this traverse study you speak of ?

There are a few parallel threads at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
@FunkOdyssey, how is it going? Still on same dose and schedule?
No, as I mentioned on the acid reflux thread, GERD eventually did flare up with the cream and once it started it became substantially worse than I experienced with injections. Of course, I feel stupid for prematurely proclaiming it was better for GERD. Very disappointed since it was working better than anything so far sexually.

I went back to testosterone propionate because I can't afford to come off TRT right now and I can adjust the dose easily to stay below the reflux threshold. Doing 10 mg subq daily with that now.

Fortunate

No, as I mentioned on the acid reflux thread, GERD eventually did flare up with the cream and once it started it became substantially worse than I experienced with injections. Of course, I feel stupid for prematurely proclaiming it was better for GERD. Very disappointed since it was working better than anything so far sexually.

I went back to testosterone propionate because I can't afford to come off TRT right now and I can adjust the dose easily to stay below the reflux threshold. Doing 10 mg subq daily with that now.
That’s a bummer. Sorry to hear it. I’ll head over to that thread and check it out.

I’m in the process of trying to scale back my dose. I tend to absorb the stuff extremely well, which has posed some problems. It’s still a bit of a wild pony for me, but I’m working on it.

That’s a bummer. Sorry to hear it. I’ll head over to that thread and check it out.

I’m in the process of trying to scale back my dose. I tend to absorb the stuff extremely well, which has posed some problems. It’s still a bit of a wild pony for me, but I’m working on it.

I feel you there they wanted me to start off on 200 cream but I did that with injections and that was a huge mistake I already knew I absorbed well because gels gave me some ok numbers. I went with 150 and glad I did, no sides.

Charliebizz

It’s crazy how different we all can absorb. I reacently started feeling very tired again. Just upped the dose from 2am 1pm. To 3am one pm feeling much better. My 3 click total protocol had my peak at 700.

Fortunate

It’s crazy how different we all can absorb. I reacently started feeling very tired again. Just upped the dose from 2am 1pm. To 3am one pm feeling much better. My 3 click total protocol had my peak at 700.
I do like the ability to titrate up and down. But, it's much less of an exact science than injecting. I took a day off cream and restarted with the plan to do 100mg/day. Will see how it goes.

Most injection trials have been hard for me, but I do tend to tolerate Xyosted fairly well. So, I am also considering a hybrid approach: dropping cream to 50mg/day and injecting every 5-7 days.

Charliebizz

I do like the ability to titrate up and down. But, it's much less of an exact science than injecting. I took a day off cream and restarted with the plan to do 100mg/day. Will see how it goes.

Most injection trials have been hard for me, but I do tend to tolerate Xyosted fairly well. So, I am also considering a hybrid approach: dropping cream to 50mg/day and injecting every 5-7 days.
Hybrid didn’t end well for me but your mileage may vary.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me