Scrotal irritation from shaving

Buy Lab Tests Online

bbex2014

Anyone else getting scrotal irritation from shaving? Obviously I’m using the trans scrotal cream application. I always use 5 blade razor with high quality and plenty of shave cream. How often is everyone shaving their scrotum that uses the cream? Odd question I know, but I’m sure others have run into this.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

What are you numbers if you don’t mind me asking, I would love to skip out on the shaving

I've only been back on the cream for 6 weeks or so and no labs yet. But feeling good.

This is my 2nd cream protocol. Started out cream, went to injections for a while, now back on cream. I do have labs from my first cream protocol a few years ago (100mg AM only) and it had me at mid to upper 800s 3-4 hours after application.

Unless your scrotum is extremely hairy, I think shaving it is very much unnecessary. Just rub the cream in very well - wearing a nitrile glove while doing so seems to help limit any waste and IMHO is probably more worth doing than shaving.

eli

I'm currently using cream and don't shave at all. Still seems to be working fine.

You don't absorb as much, some of the residue gets stuck on the hair... yea it may work, but if you shave, you'll get more T

Gman86

I've only been back on the cream for 6 weeks or so and no labs yet. But feeling good.

This is my 2nd cream protocol. Started out cream, went to injections for a while, now back on cream. I do have labs from my first cream protocol a few years ago (100mg AM only) and it had me at mid to upper 800s 3-4 hours after application.

Unless your scrotum is extremely hairy, I think shaving it is very much unnecessary. Just rub the cream in very well - wearing a nitrile glove while doing so seems to help limit any waste and IMHO is probably more worth doing than shaving.

Where do you get your cream from, if you don’t mind me asking. Mid-upper 800’s is great for just 100mg/ day of the cream.

S1W

Where do you get your cream from, if you don’t mind me asking. Mid-upper 800’s is great for just 100mg/ day of the cream.

Those peak numbers were when using a cream from a local compounding pharmacy. The problem was that they'd drop considerably at night until the next morning application (no labs, but felt it for sure).

Now using Empower, 100mg AM, 50mg PM.

Gman86

Those peak numbers were when using a cream from a local compounding pharmacy. The problem was that they'd drop considerably at night until the next morning application (no labs, but felt it for sure).

Now using Empower, 100mg AM, 50mg PM.

How long have you been on empower’s cream, and how are ya feelin?

Joe Sixpack

Anyone else getting scrotal irritation from shaving? Obviously I’m using the trans scrotal cream application. I always use 5 blade razor with high quality and plenty of shave cream. How often is everyone shaving their scrotum that uses the cream? Odd question I know, but I’m sure others have run into this.
I prefer using old school disposable 2 blade razors. 5 of them cost me $1 at a dollar store. The 2 blade ones don't snag my sack as easily as the 5 blade.

S1W

How long have you been on empower’s cream, and how are ya feelin?

About 5 weeks or so? So far so good. Pros and cons with almost everything I’ve tried. I’d say the biggest improvement I’ve noticed with the 2x/day cream is with erectile function. Also feel a bit more “normal” mentally.

I miss the simplicity of E3.5D (120mg/week) injections. Also felt maybe a bit more motivated and had better workouts on injections too.

Another thing to note is that this time around on cream I’m applying 100% of it to the scrotum. Last time on cream I would apply cream to inner forearms/wrists, and only wipe any remaining residue on scrotum. On first cream protocol, I would get bad acne on back of head/neck. Not getting that as much with scrotal application.

Interestingly, spent a week camping in the backcountry (no showers) and started applying cream to forearms just for convenience and acne flared up. Correlation/causation? Don’t know but seems to be something to it for me.

I feel way better applying all cream on scrotum vs arms, shoulders, etc. However, looking into my crystal ball I see my DHT being sky high, my doc telling me I need to bring it down, and faced with applying cream elsewhere on body (not scrotum) or going back to injections, maybe going back to injections.

Interesting to experiment if nothing else.

Gman86

About 5 weeks or so? So far so good. Pros and cons with almost everything I’ve tried. I’d say the biggest improvement I’ve noticed with the 2x/day cream is with erectile function. Also feel a bit more “normal” mentally.

I miss the simplicity of E3.5D (120mg/week) injections. Also felt maybe a bit more motivated and had better workouts on injections too.

Another thing to note is that this time around on cream I’m applying 100% of it to the scrotum. Last time on cream I would apply cream to inner forearms/wrists, and only wipe any remaining residue on scrotum. On first cream protocol, I would get bad acne on back of head/neck. Not getting that as much with scrotal application.

Interestingly, spent a week camping in the backcountry (no showers) and started applying cream to forearms just for convenience and acne flared up. Correlation/causation? Don’t know but seems to be something to it for me.

I feel way better applying all cream on scrotum vs arms, shoulders, etc. However, looking into my crystal ball I see my DHT being sky high, my doc telling me I need to bring it down, and faced with applying cream elsewhere on body (not scrotum) or going back to injections, maybe going back to injections.

Interesting to experiment if nothing else.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you're doing very well. Sounds like you just need to get labs done and possibly increase your dose. And if your doctor isn't okay with that, sounds like you need a new doctor lol. But if the only downside that I'm hearing is that your motivation and workouts have decreased slightly, I would imagine that increasing your dose might solve both of those issues. Do you plan on running labs soon? Discounted labs has a total and free T test for just $35. I do it when I just want to randomly check my testosterone levels. It's cheap, and the results come back within 24 hours. I just got mine done yesterday, so even though it's a Saturday, I'm hoping they come back today sometime.

I agree though. Creams are quick when applying, but injections are a little more convenient, due to just injecting and being done for a few days. The waiting for the cream to dry and having to worry about putting on tight fitting clothes and the cream absorbing into the clothes, is a bit annoying, and the risk for transference is a little annoying as well.

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you're doing very well. Sounds like you just need to get labs done and possibly increase your dose. And if your doctor isn't okay with that, sounds like you need a new doctor lol. But if the only downside that I'm hearing is that your motivation and workouts have decreased slightly, I would imagine that increasing your dose might solve both of those issues. Do you plan on running labs soon? Discounted labs has a total and free T test for just $35. I do it when I just want to randomly check my testosterone levels. It's cheap, and the results come back within 24 hours. I just got mine done yesterday, so even though it's a Saturday, I'm hoping they come back today sometime.

I agree though. Creams are quick when applying, but injections are a little more convenient, due to just injecting and being done for a few days. The waiting for the cream to dry and having to worry about putting on tight fitting clothes and the cream absorbing into the clothes, is a bit annoying, and the risk for transference is a little annoying as well.

After all this time of trying to educate on the matter you would still use such testing methods?

When testing TT the most accurate method is the gold standard (LC/MS-MS).

Keep in mind too that using the LC/MS-MS is critical when TT levels are very high and as we know there are some clowns on the forum that are solely using the scrotal T protocol that are running absurd TT 1500-2000 ng/dl levels.....let alone way too high FT levels!

You very well should know that when testing FT the most accurate method is the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best) or if anything using the newer calculated TruT method which has been shown to be on par with results obtained by the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis.

Hard to believe you are still wasting your time using such inferior testing methods when managing your protocol!

No wonder you have been chasing your tail for years trying to find the so called sweet spot.

No point in worrying about where your TT/FT levels sit if you are going to continue to rely on such testing methods.

You have been on the forum 24/7.....starting to get old and drawn out that you keep using piss poor testing methods.....especially when it come to the most important fraction of total testosterone which is free testosterone the unbound active fraction responsible for the positive effects!

Feel like I am pissing on a wall here!

Gman86

After all this time of trying to educate on the matter you would still use such testing methods?

When testing TT the most accurate method is the gold standard (LC/MS-MS).

Keep in mind too that using the LC/MS-MS is critical when TT levels are very high and as we know there are some clowns on the forum that are solely using the scrotal T protocol that are running absurd TT 1500-2000 ng/dl levels.....let alone way too high FT levels!

You very well should know that when testing FT the most accurate method is the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best) or if anything using the newer calculated TruT method which has been shown to be on par with results obtained by the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis.

Hard to believe you are still wasting your time using such inferior testing methods when managing your protocol!

No wonder you have been chasing your tail for years trying to find the so called sweet spot.

No point in worrying about where your TT/FT levels sit if you are going to continue to rely on such testing methods.

You have been on the forum 24/7.....starting to get old and drawn out that you keep using piss poor testing methods.....especially when it come to the most important fraction of total testosterone which is free testosterone the unbound active fraction responsible for the positive effects!

Feel like I am pissing on a wall here!

I only get the total and free T done through discounted labs when I want a quick snapshot of roughly where my total and free T are. I got them done on the same day as my quest diagnostics labs one time, and here were the results below. They’re almost identical. I agree though, getting the LC/MS/MS done, when possible, is preferable in regards to testosterone testing. But imo I don’t think it’s as critical as guys make it out to be. In fact, after getting all three E2 tests done for years (standard E2, ultrasensitive E2 + free E2) I’ve found that the ultrasensitive E2 test has been unreliable on multiple occasions, at least through quest. The standard E2 test has always been consistently accurate, based off of my free E2, total and free T levels. I have found that comparing my standard non-sensitive E2 level with my free E2, to be a very reliable method of assessing my true E2 level. But mostly, I go by symptoms. So for me, labs are just a loose guideline. I don’t care about “sweetspots”. I care more about how I feel subjectively.

Quest diagnostics
Total T - 1002 (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free T - 134.2 (46.0-224.0)

LABCORP RESULTS (DiscountedLabs)
Total T - 1015 ng/dl (264-916)
Free T - 20.4 pg/ml (8.7-25.1)

Gman86

Just got my results on 150mg(3 clicks) cream on back of knees in am, and 150mg on forearms in pm. Libido is a little down from prop injections. Going to try 50mg of cream to scrotum, and 100mg on back of knees in am, and 150mg on inner forearms in pm, and repeat labs in 1-2 weeks.

Attachments

• 8E8FA32A-657A-404A-A92A-F96FBD99FAA5.jpeg
    8E8FA32A-657A-404A-A92A-F96FBD99FAA5.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 133

gallant

If you're going to shave I've found hair conditioner works better than shaving cream. Especially for the penis shaft if you want to clean up the whole area.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me