Started TRT today - Protocol and Dose. Updated with Labs 25/10/18

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tom82

Hi Guys,

I've started TRT today after a 6 week course of HCG Mono therapy. My Dr ran blood test results and commented that my T levels were lower after the HCG than before. I don't have the numbers to hand but should have them in a few days so I can hopefully provide a bit more detail then.

As mentioned in my intro thread I am borderline hypothyroid and have high blood pressure (154/78mmHg). I also need to lose a fair bit of fat (93kg/204lb @ 1.75m/5'9"). Despite doing Crossfit 4x/wk for the last 18 months and watching what I eat and drink I just cant seem to shift the weight nor do seem to be able to build any muscle.

My Dr has prescribed the following protocol:

Testosteron Cyp 200mg/1ml - 200mg/wk (100mg dose every 3.5 days)
HCG 5,000iu/1ml - 3,000iu/wk (1,000iu dose 3 times/wk)
Armour Thyroid - 75mg Daily (i built up to this dose over a period of 4wk while on the HCG)
Tadalafil 5mg Daily (for blood pressure)
Metformin 750mg 2x/day (Also built up to this dose over 4wk while on HCG)
Anastrozole 1mg tabs - 0.25mg EOD if needed only.

I have a follow up blood test schedule with my Dr in 12 weeks.

Based on what I've read on here the Testosterone and HCG doses seem high to start with. So I'm thinking I should rather start the T on 100mg/wk broken down into two 50mg shots and then HCG on 1,500iu/wk broken down into two 750iu shots per week. I'm then planning on having my own blood tests done after 6 weeks and adjust accordingly. What do you guys think?

I'm doing this all privately and the HCG is by far the most expensive. And based on not experiencing any benefit from it previously I don't really want to be injecting that much just for the sake of it. Thoughts?

Also with regards to taking the T and HCG, when I was on HCG only I was told to take it before I went to bed. What is the preferred time of day to take T?

And how many of you are combining your T and HCG into one shot?

Appreciate your thoughts. As soon I get the blood test results I'll post them up.

Cheers
T

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Kirk001

If you're doing twice weekly T injections, it would make sense to do HCG as well twice weekly at the same time. If you're concerned about the cost of HCG maybe do 500 IU per shot... that's still a pretty good dose. And yes, to start at 200mg/week of test is starting at the high end (or what some consider roughly the maximum) of the range.

When doing twice weekly it won't be at the same time of day if you want it evenly spaced. I do Monday morning and Thursday night (3.5 days apart).

KenLowT

I also did not get an increase in my Total T from HCG Monotherapy. I went from a TT of 396 to 383. My FT bumped up like 3 points. When I asked my endocrinologist whether these results meant that I had primary hypogonadism she was reluctant to say.

CoastWatcher

It's hard to offer any serious thoughts without knowing more. Particularly, where does your SHBG sit? It's the single most important lab value that needs to be considered when a protocol is designed. Can you put your hands on that lab result?

Tom82

Hi guys, Finally got a copy of my lab results. 1st test is pre HCG Mono therapy and 2nd test is after 6 weeks of HCG.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 17.11.50.png

These are the full lab tests

First Test:
Test1 p1.png

Test 1 p2.png

Second Test after HCG Mono:
Test2 p1.png

Test2 p2.png

What do you guys make of these numbers? My T looks really low after the HCG, I did run out of HCG about 5 days before blood was drawn for the second test. Not sure if that had in impact. Though I did feel nothing from the HCG.

I know the Oestradiol test is the wrong one, the sensitive test doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

I'm a bit confused about the DHEA and SHBG numbers. Currently injecting T and HCG every E3.5D. Should I stick to this until my next blood test (18 Oct) or should I make any adjustments now?

Appreciate the feedback.

T

Tom82

Hey Guys,

Just had my labs come from latest blood tests. Numbers are in the column in blue:
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 09.25.19.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 09.26.05.png

Bloods were drawn in the morning right before my test/HCG shot so this should be the trough.

I'm feeling pretty good. Though I still have this feeling of brain fog, or maybe thats not the best way to describe. it. It's almost like I have slight hangover, you know when you have that feeling that you've got a bit of a fat head. I've cut out drinking during the week completely and only have a few social beers over the weekend so I know it isn't a hangover. I haven't had my RT3 tested yet, as suggested in my other thread. Thoughts?

Other than that the weight is finally starting to come off. I've dropped just over 4kg in the last month and i'm getting stronger at gym, finally!

Current Protocol is 50mg T 2x/wk (every 3.5D) with 750iu HCG at the same time.

I'm not sure what to make of the DHEA number. What do you guys think?

The Oestrodial test I'm being told is the sensitive one.

Appreciate the feedback as always. The wealth of information you guys share is epic.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me