Sleep Issues with Protocol Change?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Appassionato

I have continued to have sleep issues since switching to injections about 5 weeks ago. I don't struggle to fall asleep, but often wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for the day. That said, I have not lacked any energy. In fact, I've felt great all day, every day! One thing that has helped (albeit slightly) with my sleep problems is eating carbs before bed.

I always eat carbs before bed in general, but that doesn't help.
How long do you sleep when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep?
I had a 4 hours sleep last night and I'm completely dead.
I have tried all the supplements possible for my chronically elevated cortisol, but nothing worked, so it's like a chicken and egg situation now, when you don't know if it's cortisol that keeps me awake or if it goes up due to awakening 300 times per night.
I ordered some glycine to see if it works, after that I think I've run out of options.
Even the acclaimed Seriphos (phosphorilated serine) doesn't help me at all.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my awakenings in the middle of the night come along with a high body temperature.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bkb33

I always eat carbs before bed in general, but that doesn't help.
How long do you sleep when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep?
I had a 4 hours sleep last night and I'm completely dead.
I have tried all the supplements possible for my chronically elevated cortisol, but nothing worked, so it's like a chicken and egg situation now, when you don't know if it's cortisol that keeps me awake or if it goes up due to awakening 300 times per night.
I ordered some glycine to see if it works, after that I think I've run out of options.
Even the acclaimed Seriphos (phosphorilated serine) doesn't help me at all.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my awakenings in the middle of the night come along with a high body temperature.

I usually sleep for about 5.5 hours (e.g., 10 pm-3:30 am) before waking up. Keep me posted on the glycine. I haven't heard about that before.

S1W

I switched to a daily T injections solo protocol 3 weeks ago, and my sleep has been horrible this week.
I woke up at 3.30 am today and couldn't fall back asleep. Previous nights I was waking up 300 times. I am waiting a couple more weeks to pull out blood and see where I am at, but I'm just curious if in your experience the insomnia got better the week after.

Yes it certainly did. But it took about 5-6 weeks to get there. For some reason, with every protocol change I've made weeks 2-4 are the worst.

Also, don't know if you drink alcohol or not, but the 230-330am wake up/can't sleep happens pretty much any time I have more than 1 or 2 beers. And that's regular domestic beers, not 7.5% IPAs (if I have 2 or more of those things I pretty much plan on not sleeping well that night).

Appassionato

Also, don't know if you drink alcohol or not, but the 230-330am wake up/can't sleep happens pretty much any time I have more than 1 or 2 beers. And that's regular domestic beers, not 7.5% IPAs (if I have 2 or more of those things I pretty much plan on not sleeping well that night).

That would make sense because alcohol, and especially beers, raises E2 in many subjects.
Just to keep you in the loop, my E2 came out at 61 pg/mL, so it's definitely not a low E2 issue (actually quite the opposite) and matches with your experience with beers.
Also, I feel really warm all the time and I wake up sweaty in the middle of the night.
I will do a post about it when I will have all the other test results, but I will implement glycine tonight and see how it goes.

bkb33

Update on this thread: I have no longer been having sleep issues. Nothing has really changed except that I am now 5 weeks into the protocol change (switching from cream to injections).

Appassionato

Update on this thread: I have no longer been having sleep issues. Nothing has really changed except that I am now 5 weeks into the protocol change (switching from cream to injections).

Good to know mate!
I've tried glycine for the first time last night and I woke up around 3am to go to the toilet, but I've been able to go to sleep straight after with no issue.
Pillow app though detected just a slight increase in sleep, a 70% overall quality, with just 8% of REM sleep.

bkb33

Good to know mate!
I've tried glycine for the first time last night and I woke up around 3am to go to the toilet, but I've been able to go to sleep straight after with no issue.
Pillow app though detected just a slight increase in sleep, a 70% overall quality, with just 8% of REM sleep.

Glad to hear you were able to sleep. How do those stats compare to pre-TRT and pre-glycine?

Appassionato

Glad to hear you were able to sleep. How do those stats compare to pre-TRT and pre-glycine?

I don't know the stats pre-TRT, but I was sleeping horribly, waking up 300 times. I was having low T, normal estradiol (around 28) and high prolactin.
Before glycine, I was getting something in the order of 60-65% quality with even less REM.
Only exception, was last Sunday, when I ate bread at night and I scored a 77%, but obviuosly I can't start eating bread or pasta every night. :)

bkb33

I don't know the stats pre-TRT, but I was sleeping horribly, waking up 300 times. I was having low T, normal estradiol (around 28) and high prolactin.
Before glycine, I was getting something in the order of 60-65% quality with even less REM.
Only exception, was last Sunday, when I ate bread at night and I scored a 77%, but obviuosly I can't start eating bread or pasta every night. :)

Ha! That could cause problems. I have read mixed things about eating before bed. It seems like some combination of carbs and protein should help sleep though, correct?

Appassionato

Ha! That could cause problems. I have read mixed things about eating before bed. It seems like some combination of carbs and protein should help sleep though, correct?
I never had problems with eating before sleep, but I don't know if it could affect others to be honest.

WhatSayYou89

I’ve had similar issues as all of you since I’ve swapped to E.O.D injections.

I was doing 3x a week and didn’t have this insomnia.

This insomnia is very aggravating bc I can be so dam tired and either can’t fall asleep and finally crash at 4am or I wake up at 2am and cant go back to sleep.

Only been on EOD for roughly 2 weeks atm so gonna get bloodwork soon.

I’ve had extremely high e2 before and didn’t have this issue.

It feels likes my body is in constant fight or flight mode and refuses to shut off.

IDK why it would do this by swapping to EOD injections versus 3x a week.

WhatSayYou89

Something I found that worked better was swapping the time of injections. I went from at night to in the morning.

I figured this wouldn’t matter since I’m using a longer Esther but it did.

I had noticed when I injected at night that after about an hour or so after the injection. I was more alert/less tired.

Just something to throw out there for any of those who may have this issue in the future. Give this a try.

Edit: Ok I lied. Sleep is still jacked up. I must of just been exhausted those few days when I swapped over.

Got to power through this lack of sleep for a couple weeks on this protocol so I can get my bloodwork done.

Going to be a rough, last night was the worst. Fell asleep about 4:30 had to be up 2 hours later for work.

Really hoping that swapping to a prop/cypionate blend helps with sleeping.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching