Pregnenolone makes high dose Testosterone tolerable

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivkonst2017

By the way Dave Lee has helped tremendously a friend of mine to stop his antidepresants and get back his libido when it was absent on TRT as well. My friend has still a lot way to go, because stopping SSRIs and anti psychotics is not something you do for one day, but he has improvements and there is light in the tunnel for him now.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

I know this is tangential to the conversation at hand here, but the references to IM versus subq have piqued my interest. Do you mind summarizing your thoughts on this? I am one of those who is struggling to get “dialed in“. Wondering if I need to go back to intramuscular.

As I mentioned above, I think science is extraordinarily important, but, like many have said here, anecdotal information is extremely valuable as well! I put my money where my mouth is and take a lot of advice from people here. Many thanks!

Gman86

By the way Dave Lee has helped tremendously a friend of mine to stop his antidepresants and get back his libido when it was absent on TRT as well. My friend has still a lot way to go, because stopping SSRIs and anti psychotics is not something you do for one day, but he has improvements and there is light in the tunnel for him now.
Do u know specifically what he has ur friend do to get off the SSRI and get his libido back? Mostly curious if pregnenolone/ DHEA played a role

Gman86

Totally agree. I just say relying only on studies, disregarding anecdotal experience and looking for scientific proof for everything is a flawed approach. Of course weighing out the rubbish anecdots and useless part of bro science requires knowledge and experience. But Ive learned a lot of useful tips for TRT from bros and weightlifters, especially to ditch the sub q route for good.

The studies have their place, but the best HRT doctors I've seen have a lot of anecdotal experience with their patients, seeing all kinds of strange cases and rely strongly on that to take decisions and give advice. Also the studies cannot capture the subtle issues like injection frequency, choice of esters(for some people me for example) this matters a lot.

Not to mention that things like progesterone in men have almost not been studied at all or the evidence ia very limited.

We have very limited data and sometimes we got to use logic, make sense and experiment what would work in a particular case and what not
Exactly. At the end of the day it’s all about trial and error and seeing what works and what doesn’t. Sometimes we have to experiment on ourselves, with labs, to figure these things out. A lot of the experimenting I’ve done throughout my time on HRT has been for me to learn and see what works for me obv, but also to figure out things that haven’t really been explored by many on HRT, and to hopefully help guide others better. I wish all this work had already been done prior to me starting HRT, but at the same time it is kind of cool working together with everyone to figure this stuff out. But again, would MUCH prefer to have all this stuff already figured out by other people prior to me starting this journey lol

Gman86

I know this is tangential to the conversation at hand here, but the references to IM versus subq have piqued my interest. Do you mind summarizing your thoughts on this? I am one of those who is struggling to get “dialed in“. Wondering if I need to go back to intramuscular.

As I mentioned above, I think science is extraordinarily important, but, like many have said here, anecdotal information is extremely valuable as well! I put my money where my mouth is and take a lot of advice from people here. Many thanks!
SubQ can work for some, but IM will work for everyone. If ur having trouble dialing in, I would just switch to IM to at least have one less variable to worry about, in regards to why ur not feeling optimal yet

ivkonst2017

Do u know specifically what he has ur friend do to get off the SSRI and get his libido back? Mostly curious if pregnenolone/ DHEA played a role
I think the regimen included a bunch of supplements in changing doses, I dont think there was preg and dhea, but some other stuff I dont remember, I can recall only melatonin.

But my friend had very specific issues, when he stopped his SSRIs he got pain all over the muscles on the body and one night he got to go to the ER to get pain killers. So please dont take this as "Dave Lee stops SSRIs with melatonin" :)

ivkonst2017

SubQ can work for some, but IM will work for everyone. If ur having trouble dialing in, I would just switch to IM to at least have one less variable to worry about, in regards to why ur not feeling optimal yet
I would sum this the same way, just to open a bracket - by IM I guess we both mean real deep old school IM(not meaning to use a harpoon), but also not this half inch IM that leaks into the fascia and maybe outside or will turn into a pure sub q depending your body fat level.

I've discovered for me the best size needle is 27g 3/4 inch, the smallest possible needle that gets deep enough into most muscle. Only when I was 27-28 percent BF Im not sure it was enough for the ass. Now Im around 20-22 and I think it will be good for there ass well.

By injecting this way he will get stability on absorbtion and how many mg will cause him to have a total t level of X in the blood.

Gman86

I think the regimen included a bunch of supplements in changing doses, I dont think there was preg and dhea, but some other stuff I dont remember, I can recall only melatonin.

But my friend had very specific issues, when he stopped his SSRIs he got pain all over the muscles on the body and one night he got to go to the ER to get pain killers. So please dont take this as "Dave Lee stops SSRIs with melatonin" :)
Hahah I won’t. My girl got off her SSRI just with testosterone alone. I’m sure optimizing his testosterone probably had the biggest effect, in regards to being able to get off his SSRI. Quality sleep I’m sure played a huge part tho

Gman86

I would sum this the same way, just to open a bracket - by IM I guess we both mean real deep old school IM(not meaning to use a harpoon), but also not this half inch IM that leaks into the fascia and maybe outside or will turn into a pure sub q depending your body fat level.

I've discovered for me the best size needle is 27g 3/4 inch, the smallest possible needle that gets deep enough into most muscle. Only when I was 27-28 percent BF Im not sure it was enough for the ass. Now Im around 20-22 and I think it will be good for there ass well.

By injecting this way he will get stability on absorbtion and how many mg will cause him to have a total t level of X in the blood.
Do u mind linking the syringes u get? I would love to use a 3/4” 27 gauge, but I didn’t know they made them. I’ve only been able to find 27 gauge in 1/2”. 27 gauge is my favorite tho. I’ve tried 28 and 29 guage, and 27 gauge is the perfect sweetspot for me

ivkonst2017

Do u mind linking the syringes u get? I would love to use a 3/4” 27 gauge, but I didn’t know they made them. I’ve only been able to find 27 gauge in 1/2”. 27 gauge is my favorite tho. I’ve tried 28 and 29 guage, and 27 gauge is the perfect sweetspot for me
To be honest I buy them from the pharmacy, they are very common here but now a bit harder to find because they use them for vaccination.
In which country do you live?
Ita not syringes I talk about, but the needles. The syringes are separate, 1ml insulin without attached needle.

Gman86

To be honest I buy them from the pharmacy, they are very common here but now a bit harder to find because they use them for vaccination.
In which country do you live?
Ita not syringes I talk about, but the needles. The syringes are separate, 1ml insulin without attached needle.
I live in the u.s. Oh ok, that makes sense. I was only looking at syringes with non-detachable needles. Does any of the oil get lost in the needle with attachable needle tips?

ivkonst2017

I live in the u.s. Oh ok, that makes sense. I was only looking at syringes with non-detachable needles. Does any of the oil get lost in the needle with attachable needle tips?
it does, but why should I care? I use the same type of syringes and needles for all my injections so the amount of oil that gets lost is always the same

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... Great example too with the subQ vs IM. People will still quote the studies showing no difference, but the studies are 100% wrong. ...
This is a pretty poor example for the point being argued. On the one hand you have published, peer-reviewed studies measuring objective parameters and performed under controlled conditions. On the other hand you have a few random subjective reports from guys on the Internet, without even a plausible hypothesis to support the varying claims. Even if there are subjective differences they in no way undermine the studies, which are merely showing that absorption with SC is comparable to IM.

Fortunate

In what way did subq disagree with you? What issues did it cause?

ivkonst2017

Even if there are subjective differences they in no way undermine the studies, which are merely showing that absorption with SC is comparable to IM.
The studies showing that is why the fail epicly in this specific case. For me and other guys there was a huge difference in blood levels on the same dose between sub q and IM. With me it was approximately 1/3 of the total t value.

Fortunate

The studies showing that is why the fail epicly in this specific case. For me and other guys there was a huge difference in blood levels on the same dose between sub q and IM. With me it was approximately 1/3 of the total t value.
@ivkonst2017 and others on IM, do you mind sharing your experience with IM vs. SC? Was there a difference in the subjective experience? If so, would you tie the problems with SC specifically to lower levels?

The reason I ask is that there is no doubt that my levels get way up with SC. Too high with common doses. Makes me feel really bad. The last thing I am looking to do is to get levels even higher. I am curious if there may be some benefit outside of total T levels, such as DHT and/or E2 conversion that may differ between the two. I realize these were looked at in some of the studies being quoted here, but wondering what your experience has been?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Or maybe the failure is yours. Did you take multiple blood samples to ensure an accurate computation of area under the curve? Did you studiously inspect your injection sites to ensure no leakage? Can you be completely certain the testosterone concentrations were the same? Did you simultaneously measure SHBG to ensure it didn't change, thus altering total testosterone?

Conducting a study is a lot harder than it sounds. Just when you think you've accounted for all the confounding variables you find other ones. With anecdotes there's little attempt at such rigor. Add in a touch of subjectivity and these tales must be weighted well below decent controlled studies when it comes to credibility.

Gman86

it does, but why should I care? I use the same type of syringes and needles for all my injections so the amount of oil that gets lost is always the same
Great point. Ur 100% correct. As long as ur using the same exact syringe and needle each time u get labs and adjust ur dose it doesn’t matter one bit

Gman86

This is a pretty poor example for the point being argued. On the one hand you have published, peer-reviewed studies measuring objective parameters and performed under controlled conditions. On the other hand you have a few random subjective reports from guys on the Internet, without even a plausible hypothesis to support the varying claims. Even if there are subjective differences they in no way undermine the studies, which are merely showing that absorption with SC is comparable to IM.
Ime, it’s more than just a few random guys. I’m part of this forum, a few other HRT forums, and about 6 HRT related fb groups. Over the 8 years that I’ve been doing research on HRT, I’ve definitely seen hundreds and hundreds of men that had to switch back to IM after trying subQ. Most of them backed up via bloodwork. There’s just something causing some people to have pretty drastic differences in labs when going to subQ from IM. Not sure exactly what it is. I never considered switching to subQ, so it’s not something I’ve personally delved into a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale