Natural total free test is 1114ng/ml, will TRT benefit me?

Buy Lab Tests Online

rawhide

I'm 50, male. My total testosterone labs have been hovering around 1200ng/ml for a few years. This is all natural, a lot of supplements but all OTC. I'm happy about this but my libido is quite low. Free T is 97.5 pg/mL.

Would TRT benefit me when I already have these levels naturally?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I'm 50, male. My total testosterone labs have been hovering around 1200ng/ml for a few years. This is all natural, a lot of supplements but all OTC. I'm happy about this but my libido is quite low. Free T is 97.5 pg/mL.

We're all genetically different, we have different types of androgen receptors and abilities for tissues to respond.

Lowering your sky high SHBG may not increase your Free T much, if at all. Free T declines 50% between ages 40-80.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator

Based on what testing method for FT?

Direct immunoassay, calculated, Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

You need to post reference ranges let alone what testing method was used as this is critical!

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of T responsible for the positive effects.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration, especially in cases of altered SHBG.

Important to know where your SHBG sits and seeing as you are hitting a very high TT 1200 ng/dL your SHBG is going to be high.

Keep in mind that having highish/high SHBG is not a given that FT is going to be low as it depends on where your TT sits.

Post labs so we can see what method was used for testing FT.

TLR

I’m going to say with emphasis….DO NOT go on TRT with those numbers and the only symptom you listed as low libido. I don’t care what anybody here says, with a 1200 TT your libido problem is almost assuredly not related to insufficient T….explore all other avenues of anything that could be affecting it, as libido is highly multifactorial, and don’t try to fix what is obviously not broken.

sammmy

Have you resolved your ED from 2021? Having ED will suppress your libido.

Why are you taking so many supplements if they are not resolving anything? Just because they are "natural" and hyped up on internet, doesn't mean they can't mess you up.

Many supplements means many variables and it is hard to pinpoint what may be causing a side effect. Best is to drop all supplements to see what your true natural baseline is.

rawhide

I have laid off most supplements, just a few basics, magnesium, D3, omega 3. The Quest lab doesn't list the FT testing method, only "Reference Range: 46.0-224.0 pg/mL". SHBG wasn't tested. I'm scheduled for an endo to try to hammer it down.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me