My friends response to testosterone prop, how is this even possible?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Without a factor for SHBG this is just lab pharmacological(?) hooey that isn't relevant IRL.

I’d have to agree. A person with an extremely low SHBG will absolutely 100% have way more of a spike, and way more of a drop than that. I can see levels being that stable with a high SHBG individual, like myself for instance.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Without a factor for SHBG this is just lab pharmacological(?) hooey that isn't relevant IRL.
In theory this represents what serum testosterone would look like each day if the particular individual were taking that dose daily. The single-dose response curve for the second individual in the study did not look dramatically different, so I would dispute that this result is "hooey". What it suggests is that there's fairly little variation with daily propionate, which is disappointing if we're trying to approximate a diurnal rhythm.

Recall that I started a thread in which we discussed the high likelihood that SHBG has little-to-no effect on the apparent half-life of testosterone esters. The same would apply to other individual factors affecting the metabolic clearance rate of testosterone.

I suppose it is possible that there are other individual factors affecting half-lives of testosterone esters via effects on depot absorption, but if so they have not been characterized that I know of. One way to get a sense of the magnitude of this effect would be to look at the standard deviation for apparent half-lives in studies involving many individuals.

fifty

There are some books/studies that claim prop half life is 20hours. Just because roidz.com and one free study says it’s 2-4.5 days doesn’t mean it’s dead right.

Last edited:

fifty

Eberhard Nieschlag; Hermann M. Behre; Susan Nieschlag (13 January 2010). Andrology: Male Reproductive Health and Dysfunction. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 441–446. ISBN 978-3-540-78355-8.
prop.PNG

equel

Correction: It was not 6 hours after injection but 16 hours after injection, in all tests done.

Im still curious how one can get such high levels using such low dosages.

20mg a day gave him almost 100nmol, that is the number many bodybuilders get when using 500+ of test E or C a week.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Im still curious how one can get such high levels using such low dosages.
I think this implies a relatively low metabolic clearance rate for testosterone. Generally SHBG contributes to the metabolic clearance rate in an inverse fashion, but your friend has lower SHBG, so evidently other factors are stronger.

equel

Yeah I have no idea, I also have low shbg and I tried prop for a couple days only before I switched to enanthate again, maybe i should tried it longer.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me