How to stop taking TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rydrax

It CAN...or it may not. We are not at the point with the knowledge (genetic polymorphisms, understanding of the interactions between hormones, neurotransmitters, etc). where ANYBODY can tell you how you are going to react. I have just seen too many reports and have my own experience to tell you that anyone with pre existing anxiety issues needs to be cognizant of the possibility your system may not "like" it for lack of a better term, and it does and can aggravate anxiety. Then, if you are like me and stay on too long and are older your chances of being able to come off diminish.

35 mg x2 is 35 mg of test cyp twice a week.

what are your thoughts on ssris?

i avoid it basically because of what people say around here. i have ocd atm.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Charliebizz

My personal opinion on ssri is they have a place in medicine. Problem is most dr start you on way too high of a dose. And that’s when all the sides happen like anything else. I take 2.5-5mg of lexapro. And works prettt well for me. I use it for low cortisol like symptoms though. My anxiety has been under control for years even with no ssri. Except if I’m on trt over 60mg

TLR

All I can say is Zoloft for me was a game changer in every way. I was on the lowest therapeutic dose and it largely eliminated anxiety for me for 14 years. The anxiety came roaring back a few months after I started testosterone. I was assured by several doctors that testosterone doesnt cause anxiety and that the Zoloft quit working. I didn't WANT it to be the testosterone because I have always been fitness minded and enjoyed the positive benefits. I tried every SSRIs and every tweak I could think of. I finally tried quitting cold turkey, and though I felt like ass in several areas, I noted when my test level lowered my anxiety lessened considerably. In many ways I am an example of how not to do things (started trt with an untrained family doc, etc). We live and learn. Go to a good doctor and take advantage of all of the information available now, but dont let ANY ONES opinion on a forum or elsewhere influence you too much. Anytime I hear people speaking in "absolutes" in this area I immediately begin to take them with the appropriate grain of salt.

TLR

Yeah having lower shbg is tough for me. I had some positive results on higher doses but the anxiety was a deal breaker. And using a.i wasn’t helping. Plus I just got so sick of adding more and more meds and changing protocols for minimal benefits. I am by no means saying I’m fixed with my natural t levels in the 250-350 range. But I’m stable and manageable life wise. I also have no signs of bone lose and diabetes from having low t for 10+ years.
I've often wondered if some guys' "normal" state is just on the lower end and a lowish SHBG is your body's way of doing more with less? I have no idea what mine was when I started, but mine has always been in the mid to upper twenties when I've had it tested since I got with a knowledgeable doctor. Just a "thought" that makes sense to me.

James

Problem is most dr start you on way too high of a dose. And that’s when all the sides happen like anything else. I take 2.5-5mg of lexapro. And works prettt well for me.

Haven't taken lexapro in a decade, but remember the doc wanting me to start on a starter dose of 10 mg and then we can work our way up to 25mg. I cut my pill down to 5 mg and got good results, I cut it again to 2.5 and kept it there until I just dropped the ssri. Had I listened to the docs advice I would have been over medicated.

Charliebizz

All I can say is Zoloft for me was a game changer in every way. I was on the lowest therapeutic dose and it largely eliminated anxiety for me for 14 years. The anxiety came roaring back a few months after I started testosterone. I was assured by several doctors that testosterone doesnt cause anxiety and that the Zoloft quit working. I didn't WANT it to be the testosterone because I have always been fitness minded and enjoyed the positive benefits. I tried every SSRIs and every tweak I could think of. I finally tried quitting cold turkey, and though I felt like ass in several areas, I noted when my test level lowered my anxiety lessened considerably. In many ways I am an example of how not to do things (started trt with an untrained family doc, etc). We live and learn. Go to a good doctor and take advantage of all of the information available now, but dont let ANY ONES opinion on a forum or elsewhere influence you too much. Anytime I hear people speaking in "absolutes" in this area I immediately begin to take them with the appropriate grain of salt.
Great post my friend. I said the same thing a few months back about speaking in absolutes. Especially in this field of medicine. Nt / hormones are so complex and intertwined it’s crazy. People promote trt like it’s some natural bio identical cure.
Haven't taken lexapro in a decade, but remember the doc wanting me to start on a starter dose of 10 mg and then we can work our way up to 25mg. I cut my pill down to 5 mg and got good results, I cut it again to 2.5 and kept it there until I just dropped the ssri. Had I listened to the docs advice I would have been over medicated.
Absolutely back when I was 18 I got anxiety and panic attacks so bad. Only thing that worked was a high dose of Paxil. It worked wonders for my anxiety. But I gained so much weight. And it was high cortisol type of weight I just looked puffed up moon face and all. When I felt comfortable enough after about 2 years I quit cold turkey. I lost most of the weight within six months and anxiety was gone. Felt good and life was normal till 8-9 years later when I decided to go on a crash diet and overtrain for way too long. Then my hormones when to shit.

BillyJ03z

Well, I have been on TRT for the past 9+ years, and I have felt like crap most of the time.. Brain fog, mental slowness, lethargy, depression, up/down sex drive/libido, etc... Prior to starting TRT I was mid level SHBG but since starting TRT I am low SHBG, at the very bottom of range..... I pretty much been steady on my protocol for most of the time using Test Cyp 200mg/ml @ 200MG/WK to 140mg/wk switching from 2x/wk to ED to EOD to IM to SQ, etc.. (which I feel now was way way too much for me.....) For a short time I tried Prop and Cyp/Prop combo but now back on just CYP..... Right now I lowered my total weekly dose to 98mg/Cyp (68mg pure test minus the Ester) and Im utilizing ED/SQ injects due to my low shbg but am thinking of going to EOD/IM injects... I also think I may be sub-hypo as my FT3 is in the high range, my FT4 is at the very bottom range and my RT3 is mid range of acceptable levels so no RT3 problem.... My doc gave me a 3 month supply of NDT (Armour) and I have been taking a 1/2 grain every morning and noticed quickly that I was able to start losing weight which I couldn't do before but I am afraid to fully commit and up the dose of NDT because I don't want to shut down my Thyroid and add another issue to my problems if my Thyroid is not the problem... smdh... Either way Im giving myself over the summer to improve things and dial in my TRT or I am going to go just go off.... Im just so sick of and hate how lazy(lethargic), unmotivated, insomnia and depressed I have become... I hope I can change some of these symptoms over these next 3 to 4 months.... I have recently added HCG (pregnyl) @ 500iu x2/wk..... so I will see if this has an effect on mood, energy, libido and my testes...

Now the original reason I went on TRT was that my T levels had become low, energy sucked and I started having trouble sleeping. I worked as a US Federal Air Marshal (FAMS) so the correlation to my issues may have been sleep deprivation along with forcing workouts in when I should be getting sleep so I may have self-induced my issues during that time and a few of my co-workers had also started TRT so I made the jump as well (Im regretting it now). About 4 years ago I left the FAMS and transferred to DHS Investigation so I don't have to Fly anymore and work the crazy 60-80 hr weeks as I did when I was a FAM. So maybe going back to baseline pre-trt may be better since I am not working the crazy sleep deprivation schedule anymore...

Last edited:

Ronnny

Some people feel no better on trt. Why would they want to pay a thousand dollars or more yearly to continually chase problems?

I feel not better with TRT. I am one of them. Thinking about going back to Clomid. Clomid raises my testosterone nicely with only 12.5 mg/day.

I am going to check my level end of this month and go from there.I am on Cypionate 100 mg/week. I will ask to increase the dose or add HCG to see if I feel any better, otherwise going back to Clomid.

Rydrax

My personal opinion on ssri is they have a place in medicine. Problem is most dr start you on way too high of a dose. And that’s when all the sides happen like anything else. I take 2.5-5mg of lexapro. And works prettt well for me. I use it for low cortisol like symptoms though. My anxiety has been under control for years even with no ssri. Except if I’m on trt over 60mg

you used or use therapy for anxiety?

Rydrax

i get you. well my anxiety and ocd are both raging with low t. gets worst the lower it gets tho.

TLR

Well, I have been on TRT for the past 9+ years, and I have felt like crap most of the time.. Brain fog, mental slowness, lethargy, depression, up/down sex drive/libido, etc... Prior to starting TRT I was mid level SHBG but since starting TRT I am low SHBG, at the very bottom of range..... I pretty much been steady on my protocol for most of the time using Test Cyp 200mg/ml @ 200MG/WK to 140mg/wk switching from 2x/wk to ED to EOD to IM to SQ, etc.. (which I feel now was way way too much for me.....) For a short time I tried Prop and Cyp/Prop combo but now back on just CYP..... Right now I lowered my total weekly dose to 98mg/Cyp (68mg pure test minus the Ester) and Im utilizing ED/SQ injects due to my low shbg but am thinking of going to EOD/IM injects... I also think I may be sub-hypo as my FT3 is in the high range, my FT4 is at the very bottom range and my RT3 is mid range of acceptable levels so no RT3 problem.... My doc gave me a 3 month supply of NDT (Armour) and I have been taking a 1/2 grain every morning and noticed quickly that I was able to start losing weight which I couldn't do before but I am afraid to fully commit and up the dose of NDT because I don't want to shut down my Thyroid and add another issue to my problems if my Thyroid is not the problem... smdh... Either way Im giving myself over the summer to improve things and dial in my TRT or I am going to go just go off.... Im just so sick of and hate how lazy(lethargic), unmotivated, insomnia and depressed I have become... I hope I can change some of these symptoms over these next 3 to 4 months.... I have recently added HCG (pregnyl) @ 500iu x2/wk..... so I will see if this has an effect on mood, energy, libido and my testes...

Now the original reason I went on TRT was that my T levels had become low, energy sucked and I started having trouble sleeping. I worked as a US Federal Air Marshal (FAMS) so the correlation to my issues may have been sleep deprivation along with forcing workouts in when I should be getting sleep so I may have self-induced my issues during that time and a few of my co-workers had also started TRT so I made the jump as well (Im regretting it now). About 4 years ago I left the FAMS and transferred to DHS Investigation so I don't have to Fly anymore and work the crazy 60-80 hr weeks as I did when I was a FAM. So maybe going back to baseline pre-trt may be better since I am not working the crazy sleep deprivation schedule anymore...
I did 1cc a week flora pretty good stretch of time. It did the same thing to my SHBG.....I assume its your body's way of excreting the test because it senses too much is in your system. Once I lowered my dose it came back up over time. Kinda funny looking back....I looked like a jacked brick shithouse during that time, but I felt like shit mostly and was constantly fighting estrogen Dick. Live and learn.....

Charliebizz

have you figured out the reason of why you have low t? maybe fix it naturally?
Man I don’t know. I’ve tried many different things naturally. But if I’m being honest with myself probably not long enough. I’ve done a few things that started to make me feel better but when I feel good I go right back to my old habits. I start working out to hard and then eat worse and stuff. I also never sleep enough. 6 hours a night max.

I would say a lot has to do with my gut issues. I also have/had Lyme since 1998. I do not have many symptoms so maybe it’s in remission. But years of antibiotics ruined my gut health.

Rydrax

Man I don’t know. I’ve tried many different things naturally. But if I’m being honest with myself probably not long enough. I’ve done a few things that started to make me feel better but when I feel good I go right back to my old habits. I start working out to hard and then eat worse and stuff. I also never sleep enough. 6 hours a night max.

I would say a lot has to do with my gut issues. I also have/had Lyme since 1998. I do not have many symptoms so maybe it’s in remission. But years of antibiotics ruined my gut health.

hey man when you say you work hard but eat worst and stuff. do you mean like you overtrained working out every day and eat too little or just junk food? im asking because im 6’ weight 149-151.5 (latests weights in) and im thinking of gaining weight before trying trt.

i do eat healthy but i also eat a lot of carbs if thats an issue. i do have high shbg tho

fifty

It’s hard to overtrain. Not many people are rolling into planet fitness doing navy seal hell week. More like under-recovering (not sleeping and eating right etc).

Rydrax

It’s hard to overtrain. Not many people are rolling into planet fitness doing navy seal hell week. More like under-recovering (not sleeping and eating right etc).

yeah im guessing this is it. im almost 3 weeks w/o weightlifting to see if i was overtraining or something similar. still feel like shit (low t) im thinking of cutting carbs since they are at almost 300 daily but im also a high shbg guy :/ dont know what to do :(

Charliebizz

hey man when you say you work hard but eat worst and stuff. do you mean like you overtrained working out every day and eat too little or just junk food? im asking because im 6’ weight 149-151.5 (latests weights in) and im thinking of gaining weight before trying trt.

i do eat healthy but i also eat a lot of carbs if thats an issue. i do have high shbg tho
Yeah man. I was naturally about 180lbs. I went down to 145. And that’s when my hormones took a shit

Rydrax

Yeah man. I was naturally about 180lbs. I went down to 145. And that’s when my hormones took a shit
that might be my problem. when you scored low t at 145 how low was it? i might try and get back to higher weights and re test

mine is super low at 100 ish tho

i had 200 ish at 170 ish (weight) with also low lh

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com