How to stop taking TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

fifty

I did hcg 2 weeks 300iu daily. Then clomid 4 weeks at 12.5mg/day. Felt good on hcg. Clomid put me in a bad mood after around week 2. My shbg was originally high and defy wanted me to do 25mg daily but i settled on 12.5mg daily which put my test 970 shbg 68 e2 52.

I probably could have gone cold turkey. I’m at least glad I didn’t do 25mg clomid.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigBamBoo

My SHBG was 70+ before starting up TRT.

My last labs a few months ago showed my SHBG at 45 or so. My first round of TRT did not reduce my SHBG at all. So I was surprised it was lower this time.
My cholesterol was also quite a bit lower this last round of labs.

Only thing I really changed is I have added high levels of garlic daily and more fiber.

The first time I stopped TRT, Defy said a restart probably would not do anything for me and due to my already high SHBG, it would most likely raise it even more.
So...I just stopped.

sh1973

Mine sits in the 60-70 range. I’m going to come off and just stop without any meds. The times I tried before were with clomid and I think the side effects of that complicated things. I just don’t want to do this anymore.

BigBamBoo

I understand....

There is just too much that is unknown with TRT still. The body likes a balance, and when we introduce external substances, I think some folks just can not find the balance.
At least that is how I feel.

Also, there is a difference between brands of T...and hCG it seems as well....as well as compounded T vs pharmacy T.

I have used EmPower, West Ward, and Hosperia/Pfizer brand T and each gives my a different feeling and results.

Combine all of that and you have a wide range of results and side effects to try and control.

I do wish I was one of the many here who are “dialed in” and do well on TRT.

My hope is in few more years, maybe some major advancements or breakthroughs in TRT will happen and it will change things for the better.

Joe Sixpack

I understand....

Also, there is a difference between brands of T...and hCG it seems as well....as well as compounded T vs pharmacy T.
I noticed this too. I have only ever used Cypionate. But 1 particular brand of it gives me a horrible reaction. I just feel terrible on it. Cypionate is supposed to be cypionate. It shouldn't matter who makes it. But that has not been my experience.

BigBamBoo

I agree. My mother died of Parkinson’s and when she was on name brand meds she did much better.
As soon as she would use the generic meds she would suffer side effects and her uncontrollable movements became much worse.

Doctors would say it was just a coincidence, but we could actually see the difference.

So...I believe it is the same with T. And again....I know that with EmPower I have to up my dose a bit. My favorite so far is West Ward brand. It has been the most consistent for me.

BillyJ03z

The biggest issues for me with TRT were the following (been on for the past 10 yrs, 90% of the entire time not even close to being dialed in):
low Mood, low motivation, depression symptoms (hypo symptoms)... feel like Im going through life just being there but not living it, just feel flat all the time (if that makes sense to anyone). I feel mentally fatigued and I notice that my memory (even simple things) is getting worse.. I used to be a very nuanced and articulate speaker but now I feel like I fumble words and am at a loss of words when trying to express myself especially in a work setting... My mental cognition has definitely changed... The only benefits that I have recently had in the past year with TRT is my physical energy levels and strength levels are great (which I attribute to low ED SQ doses) but these physical improvements mean little when I am mentally fatigued and have no mental motivation to do anything (catch 22).... smdh

Vtail

The biggest issues for me with TRT were the following (been on for the past 10 yrs, 90% of the entire time not even close to being dialed in):
low Mood, low motivation, depression symptoms (hypo symptoms)... feel like Im going through life just being there but not living it, just feel flat all the time (if that makes sense to anyone). I feel mentally fatigued and I notice that my memory (even simple things) is getting worse.. I used to be a very nuanced and articulate speaker but now I feel like I fumble words and am at a loss of words when trying to express myself especially in a work setting... My mental cognition has definitely changed... The only benefits that I have recently had in the past year with TRT is my physical energy levels and strength levels are great (which I attribute to low ED SQ doses) but these physical improvements mean little when I am mentally fatigued and have no mental motivation to do anything (catch 22).... smdh

You're describing me before I got on thyroid meds. Have you had your thyroid levels checked?

BillyJ03z

You're describing me before I got on thyroid meds. Have you had your thyroid levels checked?

I have had my Thyroid checked numerous times but no one knows what to do... My FT4 is bottom 5-10% of acceptable range, My FT3 is top 80% of acceptable range, my RT3 when last checked was not an issue so I wasn't pooling.... TSH fluctuates between 2.1 to 3.4.... I think TRT threw my Thyroid out of whack.. I tried HCG for over 3 months and it only raised my E2 levels with no other benefit...

BigBamBoo

Just remember....”in range” is usually not optimal for overall health and feeling good.

With your TSH over 3, I personally would be trying to get some treatment for your thyroid.

Smokin Joe

I am considering going off trt again even though my numbers are good.
Total T-764, FT-14.5, Sensitive Estrogen-27.5 and TSH @ 2.8
Flat mood again with no real libido.
Hard to ejaculate-low low volume.
Great strength but no mood to use it.
Work out once week and that's it.
This will be my fourth time stopping if I do.
What brings me back to TRT is the known Honeymoon when restarting and the strength.
My pre-trt numbers were so-so.
TT @ 500 but FT was low @ 1.0 from 1.0-2.0
High Sbhg @ 57

wsj357

Well if you have seriously low t you need it. I am 40 with a free t of 3. Total of 200. In the gutter man.

Why are you all quitting. You can try the cream or use a different delivery method anytime.

But you feel good so let’s applaud.
I’m Happy for you.

I also have been off for a few months as well and I feel great. Surprisingly, I have not dealt with low moods or a decrease in strength at the gym. You hear so many horror stories about guys coming off, but that wasn't the case for me. Perhaps it was because I never really felt the true benefits of TRT injections. I feel like it was a great decision to get off T since it just wasn't working for me. Kudos and best wishes for the many guys it does work for on here. Honestly, I feel the same off of it as I did on it. So glad I don't have to keep poking myself a few times a week.

calm--

Hi, I need advice on how to stop TRT. I've read a couple posts but still not sure what to do. I've only been on it for 4 months. I'm 42. I've been working with dr Saya.

Should I stop cold-turkey? Should I follow defy's protocol from here?

"HCG 300-400iu daily X 14 days, FOLLOWED by Clomid 25mg daily X 28 days (6 week cumulative regimen)."

Coming off TRT- Defy HPTA Reset Protocol

I've emailed defy as well so hopefully I can some get some advice from them.

My protocol, 2x/week :
Testosterone cypionate 70 mg
HCG 400 IU

After 3.5 months, change to 3x/week :
Testosterone cypionate 40 mg
HCG 270 IU

I'm also attaching my labs after 3 months. Dr Saya said the numbers are actually pretty good, the testosterone is just a bit too high (1255 ng/dl). FT 45.78 ng/dl, Estradiol 37 pg/ml, SHBG 31.93 nmol/L, DHT 125 ng/dl.

These are my symptoms before TRT : brain fog, depression, anxiety, irritability, restless, very easily stressed-out, difficulty making simple decisions, over-thinking, insomnia, frequent urination, light sensitivity, crashing after meal, crashing after exercise.

After 4 months on TRT, no improvement. Couple of better days where I feel slightly better mood and less anxiety, that's it. Most of my days are probably worst; probably more brain fog, depressed, unmotivated than before TRT. Also feel more tired and sleepy during the day, I've been taking more nap, but it's harder for me to fall asleep at night. Good libido, stronger erection and probably increased penis size though, which is fun, but it's just not my main concern now.

Attachments

• 2019 09 - Prodia - CBC.pdf
    48.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 2019 09 - Prodia - CMP, Hormones.pdf
    620.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 2019 09 - Prodia - PSA.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2019 09 - Prodia - Thyroid.pdf
    265.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

sh1973

With only being four months you can just stop. The cypionate will take anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 weeks to fully clear your system so it’s basically like tapering down anyhow. With levels as high as yours I feel like death. The only thing that ever worked for me was getting levels in the 600-800ng range and still have never found even decent libido. At least in that range I felt somewhat decent but no matter where my levels are I still have the flat mood and lacking libido.

calm--

With only being four months you can just stop. The cypionate will take anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 weeks to fully clear your system so it’s basically like tapering down anyhow. With levels as high as yours I feel like death. The only thing that ever worked for me was getting levels in the 600-800ng range and still have never found even decent libido. At least in that range I felt somewhat decent but no matter where my levels are I still have the flat mood and lacking libido.

Thanks. Do you know how long before my natural production starts again, ie how long before I feel like before TRT?

What do you feel when you said you "feel like death"? So you're saying you never feel good whatever the range you're in?

sh1973

Tired, fatigue during the day, insomnia, moodiness, peeing constantly, feeling hot.
depends on many factors on your recovery time. You should bounce back in a month or so. just so you know drugs like Clomid and hCG can make you feel worse yet than you already are and it happens with a lot of guys. Being on for months I will just stop you’ll be fine.

calm--

Being more tired during the day is so much like me. Harder to fall asleep as well. I already have problem with constant peeing even before trt.

Dr Saya mentioned that fatigue can be caused by thyroid issue. That trt can cause problem with thyroid. I checked for tsh, free t3 and free t4, and they're fine. I dont have reverse T3 in where I live. Do you ever find out the cause of your fatigue and did you check for thyroid?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me