How to stop taking TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Charliebizz

Charliebizz - No need to apologize for your thoughts or how you interpret your or anyone else's experience on TRT. I agree with most everything you said, just don't have time currently for a lengthy response.
I just have a problem getting all my thoughts down on paper or text. Always have. I’m way better at actual face to face conversation lol.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Charliebizz

im curious, what were the different protocols you went through ?
I was a patient of Dr. Crisler. We tried every trick he had in the book. Trt alone at varying doses. Trt with hcg. Trt with a.i. Trt with hydrocortisone. Trt with t3 meds. Trt with preg and dhea. I tried various restarts with clomid alone. Clomid with danazol to lower shbg during. Triptorelin injection.

Although I may not be as well versed in speaking on the forums. I’ve been through the ringer with trt. And so far the best thing that helped me with my hormone problems has been low dose ssri. But those meds are not well received on these forums. But they have been a game changer for me and only reason I used them is because dr Mariano has said they can help with low normal cortisol levels

Charliebizz

So it sounds like your 'hormone' problems were actually 'mental health' problems. Not judging.
Well define “mental health” issues. If you have depression and take ssri and it helps it’s mental issues but if you take trt and your depressed and it helps with depression then it was just low t? Nt and hormones are so intertwined. My mental state is still the same before I screwed my hormones. Matter of fact I had anxiety issues back when I was younger when my hormones were fine.

I get what your trying to say and I do not take offense to it at all. Ssri did not cure my low t symptoms. Seems to really help with my low normal cortisol symptoms.

Vvs1

I was a patient of Dr. Crisler. We tried every trick he had in the book. Trt alone at varying doses. Trt with hcg. Trt with a.i. Trt with hydrocortisone. Trt with t3 meds. Trt with preg and dhea. I tried various restarts with clomid alone. Clomid with danazol to lower shbg during. Triptorelin injection.

Although I may not be as well versed in speaking on the forums. I’ve been through the ringer with trt. And so far the best thing that helped me with my hormone problems has been low dose ssri. But those meds are not well received on these forums. But they have been a game changer for me and only reason I used them is because dr Mariano has said they can help with low normal cortisol levels

How is Triptorelin supposed to help? Ive seen it on the PFS forum as a partial cure, but everything I bring up on a search is about an antiandrogen.

Is it low doses that help?

wsj357

It’s a combination of things. I’m not 100% sure I needed it in the first place. It was low the first test (180) and two weeks later I was tested again and it was up 100 points. It has raised my Anxiety a lot and that’s been frustrating. I’ll have Dr. Saya guide me through it.

I’m curious who’s had success and who hasn’t.

If you had low t in the 100s it will return. Probably a bit less depending how long on trt.

Your levels were in 1000a because you were on injections ? Otherwise there is a lab error going on. That’s to much of a jump.

If Trt isn’t working you need a second opinion. When trt works nobody wants off.

Rydrax

I tried after seven years. After three months of a Clomid protocol my LH and FSH were in upper range, but apparently my balls were already cooked. Total T got to 350 and free was barely in range. Doc wanted to keep going another 3 months, but he admitted he wasnt hopeful it would work. I was out of patience and went back on. A lot of factors go into whether it will be successful (age, time on TRT, Primary or Secondary, etc.) One thing I've learned is what works for one person means ALMOST nothing in this realm. Only way you will know is to give it a shot. I would make sure you do it with the assistance of a knowledgeable doctor.

is it possible to just return to your old baseline after years on trt? what if you have found the problem and want to fix it? also why try to stop trt? its for life

Rydrax

That's what I did. I got off trt after two years. I went back to bbaseline. 6 months later I adjusted my approach and got back on with far better results.
i see. the reason i asked is because what if you start wondering if the cause of low t was because of... (insert w/e) and wanted to figure out how to solve that issue to increase natty t

TLR

is it possible to just return to your old baseline after years on trt? what if you have found the problem and want to fix it? also why try to stop trt? its for life
I got on 8 years ago via a family doc. I was just under 300 total T. Like Charliebizz I had pre existing anxiety issues which had been pretty well under control for years on 50 mg of Zoloft. After a few months the anxiety increased dramatically. At first i tried other SSRIs, etc with no effect. You have to understand this was 8 years ago and the information available now was not as widespread then. I did it all, AI, no AI, HCG, low dose, split dose, two different doctors out of state that are recognized as experts in the field, etc. The second doctor was the FIRST one who actually said exogenous Test can increase anxiety in predisposed individuals. I won't share his name, but he is one of the less vocal ones on the former TOT roundtable. He recommended trying to come off. After 3 months with my T only at 350 he wasnt optimistic it would work. We tweaked a few things and In making the best of it.

TLR

@TLR any lessons learned? Did any of your tweaks help out your anxiety situation?
Lessons learned.....dude, I am the walking epitome of lessons learned!!!!! As far as the anxiety goes, I still struggle some, but 35 mg 2 x week, 20 mg of Pregnenolone and 50 mg of 7 keto DHEA daily is the basis of my protocol. He also prescribed NDT to optimize my thyroid. Still take an SSRI and have Clonazepam on hand for the "bad days." This is the best its been in 8 years. Have sex a couple times a week, am less "stimulated" and workout 3-4 times a week. Most guys on this site are already on TRT, but I can't reiterate enough for guys that have pre existing anxiety to have an "escape" plan with a knowledgeable doctor if they get on and it starts causing problems. Trying to "restart" after 7 years at age 49 isn't unheard of, but the odds are against you.

Rydrax

I got on 8 years ago via a family doc. I was just under 300 total T. Like Charliebizz I had pre existing anxiety issues which had been pretty well under control for years on 50 mg of Zoloft. After a few months the anxiety increased dramatically. At first i tried other SSRIs, etc with no effect. You have to understand this was 8 years ago and the information available now was not as widespread then. I did it all, AI, no AI, HCG, low dose, split dose, two different doctors out of state that are recognized as experts in the field, etc. The second doctor was the FIRST one who actually said exogenous Test can increase anxiety in predisposed individuals. I won't share his name, but he is one of the less vocal ones on the former TOT roundtable. He recommended trying to come off. After 3 months with my T only at 350 he wasnt optimistic it would work. We tweaked a few things and In making the best of it.

i have anxiety issues. could increasing my testosterone via injections actually increase my anxiety even more? is that what you’re saying? i read a lot that trt can actually improve anxiety issues. also you were taking ssri with trt? if so why? i was actually wanting to try ssri before trt.

but my symptoms are severe. i can’t even think straight and im guessing it could be low t. no libido or erections, no energy, no motivation, etc.

Last edited:

Rydrax

Lessons learned.....dude, I am the walking epitome of lessons learned!!!!! As far as the anxiety goes, I still struggle some, but 35 mg 2 x week, 20 mg of Pregnenolone and 50 mg of 7 keto DHEA daily is the basis of my protocol. He also prescribed NDT to optimize my thyroid. Still take an SSRI and have Clonazepam on hand for the "bad days." This is the best its been in 8 years. Have sex a couple times a week, am less "stimulated" and workout 3-4 times a week. Most guys on this site are already on TRT, but I can't reiterate enough for guys that have pre existing anxiety to have an "escape" plan with a knowledgeable doctor if they get on and it starts causing problems. Trying to "restart" after 7 years at age 49 isn't unheard of, but the odds are against you.
35 mg 2x a week of what? just curious.

Charliebizz

I’m a little different though. I only went on ssri for help with low cortisol symptoms. And it worked. I do not have anxiety issues anymore. Only time they come back is if I’m on trt st a dose higher then 60mg per week. Problem is at 60mg a week I have no real benefit from trt. And then after six months on any dose I start to experience lack of motivation and loss of interest in hobbies.

TLR

i have anxiety issues. could increasing my testosterone via injections actually increase my anxiety even more? is that what you’re saying? i read a lot that trt can actually improve anxiety issues. also you were taking ssri with trt? if so why? i was actually wanting to try ssri before trt.

but my symptoms are severe. i can’t even think straight and im guessing it could be low t. no libido or erections, no energy, no motivation, etc.
It CAN...or it may not. We are not at the point with the knowledge (genetic polymorphisms, understanding of the interactions between hormones, neurotransmitters, etc). where ANYBODY can tell you how you are going to react. I have just seen too many reports and have my own experience to tell you that anyone with pre existing anxiety issues needs to be cognizant of the possibility your system may not "like" it for lack of a better term, and it does and can aggravate anxiety. Then, if you are like me and stay on too long and are older your chances of being able to come off diminish.

35 mg x2 is 35 mg of test cyp twice a week.

TLR

I’m a little different though. I only went on ssri for help with low cortisol symptoms. And it worked. I do not have anxiety issues anymore. Only time they come back is if I’m on trt st a dose higher then 60mg per week. Problem is at 60mg a week I have no real benefit from trt. And then after six months on any dose I start to experience lack of motivation and loss of interest in hobbies.
I hear you. I've done up to 1 cc a week during my journey, and I can definitely tell the difference in some areas with a higher dose. Just couldn't tolerate it over the long haul. 70 - 80 mg a week seems to be the best compromise for me. Makes me jealous of the guys I know that are taking higher doses and not having near the trouble I have. I call it my "delicate constitution."

Charliebizz

I hear you. I've done up to 1 cc a week during my journey, and I can definitely tell the difference in some areas with a higher dose. Just couldn't tolerate it over the long haul. 70 - 80 mg a week seems to be the best compromise for me. Makes me jealous of the guys I know that are taking higher doses and not having near the trouble I have. I call it my "delicate constitution."
Yeah having lower shbg is tough for me. I had some positive results on higher doses but the anxiety was a deal breaker. And using a.i wasn’t helping. Plus I just got so sick of adding more and more meds and changing protocols for minimal benefits. I am by no means saying I’m fixed with my natural t levels in the 250-350 range. But I’m stable and manageable life wise. I also have no signs of bone lose and diabetes from having low t for 10+ years.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me