Stopping TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

TLawyer

If one is taking testosterone and HCG and wanted to stop treatment altogether, could he essentially stop cold turkey since the HCG has helped maintain his natural production? Not considering it myself at this time, but curious as to how that would work.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

My understanding is that HCG suppresses LH, so you've only maintained part of your "natural production". Using a low dose of Clomid (e.g. 12mg every other day) to jump-start LH is likely a much better approach. I come off of TRT for 4-6 weeks every year and that is what I do.

TLawyer

My understanding is that HCG suppresses LH, so you've only maintained part of your "natural production". Using a low dose of Clomid (e.g. 12mg every other day) to jump-start LH is likely a much better approach. I come off of TRT for 4-6 weeks every year and that is what I do.

What is your rationale for coming off TRT for 4-6 weeks every year? Is that one 4-6 stretch or is it split into smaller time periods? Do you feel a difference when you come off?

Guided_by_Voices

I like to give my body a chance to be as natural as possible for a short period of time, and it is one 4-6 week stretch. That said, it is just my personal preference and I don't necessarily recommend it. If someone is perfectly dialed in then it is a risk to change anything since there is no assurance they can get back to where they were. I also use a very low dose of T so it is less of a an adjustment for me than it might be for others. I don't feel a huge difference but I don't have the same capacity for physical activity when I am off and my overall mental and physical energy level is a bit better when I am on.

seppuku

I like to give my body a chance to be as natural as possible for a short period of time, and it is one 4-6 week stretch. That said, it is just my personal preference and I don't necessarily recommend it. If someone is perfectly dialed in then it is a risk to change anything since there is no assurance they can get back to where they were. I also use a very low dose of T so it is less of a an adjustment for me than it might be for others. I don't feel a huge difference but I don't have the same capacity for physical activity when I am off and my overall mental and physical energy level is a bit better when I am on.

That's really interesting G_b_V. I'm sure i read once that Dr Scally had his patients come off once a year, for similar reasons. Do you use hcg all the time you're taking testosterone, or cycle it maybe? And do you ever get any blood work done when you've been off those six weeks, to see how much you've recovered?

Guided_by_Voices

I generally stay on HCG except when I am off TRT or travelling and don't have consistent access to a fridge. I know there is a school of thought that staying on HCG can cause the body to develop an immune response to it but I only come off for short periods. I did bloodwork once several years and my natural production seemed to have recovered pretty well (into the 500s) but it does not seem to be the same as being on TRT, at least in the short term, as far as how I feel goes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me