58- blood results

Buy Lab Tests Online

alphablast

just got labs back. was surprised total test 27.5 , was hoping my urologist would put me on 200 mg cyp per week.
after he sees my blood work dont think so " to Normal"?

Attachments

• lab.png
    lab.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 110
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
just got labs back. was surprised total test 27.5 , was hoping my urologist would put me on 200 mg cyp per week.
after he sees my blood work dont think so " to Normal"?

What is your reason for hoping your uro would put you on trt let alone 200 mg/week?

Many men on trt would never need sush dose to achieve a healthy TT/FT level.

How do you feel regarding (energy/mood/libido/erectile function) and overall well-being?

Even though TT is important to know your FT is what truly matters as it is the unbound active fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Your TT 27.5 nmol/L (793 ng/dL) is great as you are naturally on the higher end and even if you had higher SHBG you would still most likely have mid-range FT levels.

The only way to truly know where your FT level sits is to have it tested using the most accurate method such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best) or simply use the calculated TruT which available online for free.

You need to know your TT/SHBG/Albumin to calculate your FT level.....mind you most can easily use the 4.3 g/dL (mean) for Albumin.

Last edited:

alphablast

Thank you Madman very helpful.
My FT is 12.5 ng/dl

what dose of test would I need to get to 14-16FT.

would a doctor prescribe me- or say I’m fully in normal range.

generally fell good - however hard to keep muscle mass.

Attachments

• 2080E03A-B3C9-42D1-894C-64D8468E667B.jpeg
    2080E03A-B3C9-42D1-894C-64D8468E667B.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 98

madman

Super Moderator
Thank you Madman very helpful.
My FT is 12.5 ng/dl

what dose of test would I need to get to 14-16FT.

would a doctor prescribe me- or say I’m fully in normal range.

generally fell good - however hard to keep muscle mass.

The calculated method used above which is the linear law-of-mass action Vermeulen method is not only outdated but inaccurate.

When using the calculated FT method to get the most accurate estimate for FT you should be using the TruT model.....otherwise have it tested using the most accurate method using the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

Due to the newer research/understanding of SHBG:T binding.....even though your SHBG 58 nmol/L is at the high end of the reference range with a robust TT of almost 800 ng/dL (793).....your FT level is mid-range as the TruT calculated method has your FT at 24.87 ng/dL (just over mid-range of the reference range of 16-31 ng/dL).

As you stated above.....“generally fell good - however hard to keep muscle mass.”

You feel well overall this is what matters and there is much more involved regarding keeping/gaining muscle mass than simply healthy testosterone levels as ones genetics, diet/training protocol, quality sleep play a big role in such.

If you are hesitant about using/trusting the newer calculated TruT method than again you would need to have your FT tested using the most accurate method such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best) if you want to know where your FT level truly sits.

TruT™ by FPT
The novel, FDA-registered TruT™ algorithm uses modern understanding of molecular interactions to improve the accuracy of free-T calculations.

TruT Free Testosterone Calculator by FPT
Prevailing calculators are inaccurate
It has been demonstrated that the calculated free testosterone derived using commonly available online calculators, which are based on simpler models assuming simple 1:1 binding of testosterone and SHBG [1,2], deviate from measurements obtained by equilibrium dialysis by as much as 40% [3-9].

alphablast

Madman- thank you again very helpful much appreciated.

Vince- at 58 nutrition on point , power lifting, sleep is good - stress is up due to divorce, wanted to check my Testosterone and see if I needed improvement,

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me