What are the best vitamin/supplements for Liver health?

Buy Lab Tests Online

nxanthis

My liver enzymes are always a little high, not super high, but always 30-40% over normal range for the last 20+ years. Occasionally they have gone down to WNL when I lost weight (I am up and down with my weight). Therefore I know some of this is due to me being overweight now (about 40lbs), so I have to work on losing the weight again. (I was down to 197 back in 2018, now at 242). I am 5'10, 51yrs old. I am also now on TRT (Testosterone injectable only), which I just started a couple of weeks ago.
I am wondering what vitamins/supplements are the best for Liver health?

liver test panel.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

I'm not sure if NAC will help what you have, but it is well-known to help certain types of liver damage (e.g. tylenol poisoning) so that is one to investigate.

sammmy

Maybe sunflower lecithin. I have no personal experience with it but some claim it lowered liver enzymes and is good for liver health. Some reviews on Amazon:

My wife and I took this lecithin to lower liver enzymes. It works great, tool it prior to me having blood work done and the results were amazing. All enzymes were lowered to normal rates.

I've has NAFLD for years. I correlated it back to a choline deficiency and started taking this at 4-5 capsules/day. Doctor was pleased and surprised by my lab results coming back normal after years of elevated liver enzymes.

pyater

NAC and Vitacost Herbal Liver Support† -- 950 mg per serving - 120 Capsules

Has Milk thistle and other blends

Vitacost Herbal Liver Support† Description

All-natural herbal blend for liver health support†
What is Herbal Liver Support†?

Herbal Liver Support† is a unique, proprietary blend of herbs that have been well-researched for their hepatoprotective properties.* Included are the following:

Dandelion: An herb used as a diuretic for over 2,000 years in both traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine.*

Milk thistle: An herb used as a health remedy since ancient times. The active extract of milk thistle is silymarin, a mixture of the flavonolignans silydianin, silychristine and silybin.

Burdock: Consumed as a vegetable and beverage in Taiwan and Japan for decades. Also traditionally used in folk medicine as a diuretic and liver aid.*

Artichoke: Used since ancient times as a remedy for indigestion and as a liver tonic.*

What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Herbal Liver Support†?
  • Maintains healthy glutathione levels.* Glutathione is naturally produced by the body and its powerful antioxidant properties help protect cells from free radical damage.*
  • Supplies herbal compounds that have demonstrated powerful antioxidant action.*
  • Promotes healthy urine flow.*

JmarkH

I recently started MIC B12 injections. This is supposed to be health for the liver. I'll see at my next labs. Before I started HRT my enzymes were way elevated and they had me seeing a hepatologist. The enzymes came down dramatically [well into the healthy range] after I started HCG and Clomid/Enclomiphene therapy. I'm hoping the MIC B12 will reinforce the healthy direction. I've also lost 20lbs which I'm sure has helped.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
NAC 600 mg twice per day

SAME 400 mg per day

Run a liver panel before and after

Also, keep this in mind:

tnap

My liver enzymes are always a little high, not super high, but always 30-40% over normal range for the last 20+ years. Occasionally they have gone down to WNL when I lost weight (I am up and down with my weight). Therefore I know some of this is due to me being overweight now (about 40lbs), so I have to work on losing the weight again. (I was down to 197 back in 2018, now at 242). I am 5'10, 51yrs old. I am also now on TRT (Testosterone injectable only), which I just started a couple of weeks ago.

NXanthis.
I take 600mg of NAC before breakfast

BigTex

Here is another suggestion....TUDCA

P. Portincasa, V. Palmieri, F. Doronzo, G. Vendemiale, E. Altomare, C. Sabbà, G. Palasciano, O. Albano, Effect of tauroursodeoxycholic acid on serum liver enzymes and dyspeptic symptoms in patients with chronic active hepatitis, Current Therapeutic Research, Volume 53, Issue 5, 1993, Pages 521-532, ISSN 0011-393X,
(Effect of tauroursodeoxycholic acid on serum liver enzymes and dyspeptic symptoms in patients with chronic active hepatitis)

Abstract: The short-term ability of tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) to lower the blood levels of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) in patients with hypertransaminasemia and chronic active hepatitis was assessed in a 3-month, randomized, controlled clinical trial. A total of 53 patients with histologic evidence of chronic active hepatitis in a liver biopsy sample and an increase in the serum values of ALT of at least twice the upper limit of normal in two separate checkups in the previous 6 months were enrolled in the study. TUDCA 500 mg/day divided into two doses with meals was given to 27 patients; the remaining 26 patients served as controls. Follow-ups were performed in both the treated and control patients at 1 month, 2 months, and the end of the study period. All patients completed the study. The effect of TUDCA on liver serum enzymes was evident after 1 month and reached a maximum effect after 3 months, when TUDCA had significantly lowered AST (−44%), ALT (−49%), and GGT (−38%) (P < 0.001, compared with baseline values). Throughout the study, serum levels of alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin remained within a normal range in all patients. A spontaneous slight decrease in AST (11% to 14%), ALT (13% to 15%), and GGT (5% to 7%) was observed in the control group during the study. None of the patients receiving TUDCA reported side effects. Dyspeptic symptoms were evident in 70% of the TUDCA patients and 62% of the controls and were individually scored at the beginning of the trial. After 3 months, the score decreased significantly in the TUDCA group but not in the control group (P < 0.001). Short-term therapy with TUDCA is effective in lowering serum levels of transaminases and GGT, is free of hepatotoxic effects, and improves dyspeptic symptoms in patients with chronic active hepatitis. Further studies are needed to investigate the influence of TUDCA therapy on the natural history of chronic active hepatitis.

sfjohn

I use Milk Thistle: 250mg capsules twice a day. I did a liver panel beforehand, which was elevated, and after, where my numbers were back to normal. That was enough for me so I’ve stayed on it for the last 20 years. It continues to work well, keeping my liver #s in a good range.

Guided_by_Voices

As I read this again, a few more things...avoid drinking alcohol in combination with PUFA fats. Apparently it is the combination of the two which is very liver-toxic. Paul Jaminet (perfecthealthdiet.com) has done a good summary of the research on this. So avoid fried foods in particular when drinking.

DHM may also be a good supplement to add, especially after alcohol. Choline/Inositol may help as well. Keto and/or carnivore may help reduce fatty liver.

Corn oil and soybean oil seem to be two of the most potent promoters of fatty liver which is another reason to avoid them as much as possible.

BigTex

NXanthis.
Here is another supplement that is very popular with BB'ers.

Tauroursodeoxycholic acid

JayD

High fat low carb and intermittent fasting improved all my labs especially liver, triglycerides and kidney. Labs have also been getting even better since I started Testosterone.

Fernando Almaguer

NXanthis.
Black drip coffee is very beneficial to the liver and studies have show improvement in inflammation and liver enzyme numbers from 2 to 5 cups of Joe per day. I have mild elevation and fatty liver. I'm drinking me some coffee and taking vitamin E. Losing 10 % of weight is also my goal.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me