TRT Effect on 5 Alpha Reductase and Upstream Hormones- Cause of Low Mood and Anxiety?

Buy Lab Tests Online

SSHSSA74

I can attest to hCG seemingly having a critical threshold that needs to be achieved for full benefit. Although I did feel better taking 100-140iu’s daily than not taking it, and my new protocol’s still just a week in, taking 350-500iu’s close to EOD is a different ball game so far. Did 350 Monday and Wednesday and 500 on Friday since I’d be picking up again on Monday. Still injecting test daily.

Started Pregnenolone cream last night at 50mg as well. That had me feeling very calm and drowsy in a pleasant way, and I’m still very calm now the day after.

For full disclosure, I’m also usually on 250-333iu’s of BPC-157 once or twice a day, 2iu’s of HGH 4x a week, and 1 grain of NDT in the morning and 50mcg T4 daily at night. I have gut issues and BPC knocks those out within a week.
A different ball game in what regard?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Anonymon

Great thread!! Anyone have anymore to share since last post in August??
I’ve been playing around with different protocols and mixes outside of test, as for me that stays constant. Had some good results with 200-300mg of pregnenolone pills in the morning alongside my 50mg preg cream and 25mg progesterone cream, alongside my 750iu-ish HCG 3x a week.

Gianluca

I’ve been playing around with different protocols and mixes outside of test, as for me that stays constant. Had some good results with 200-300mg of pregnenolone pills in the morning alongside my 50mg preg cream and 25mg progesterone cream, alongside my 750iu-ish HCG 3x a week.
wow, that's a good dose of Pregnenolone. I'm experimenting now with Progesterone cream at night 12.5mg and Pregnenolone cream in the am 25mg, building up dose first with Progesterone to achieve normal serum levels, then Pregnenolone symptomatically.

Why are you using cream and capsules of Pregnenolone? i did the same in the past, my rationale to use caps along with the cream was to raise Progesterone levels

Anonymon

wow, that's a good dose of Pregnenolone. I'm experimenting now with Progesterone cream at night 12.5mg and Pregnenolone cream in the am 25mg, building up dose first with Progesterone to achieve normal serum levels, then Pregnenolone symptomatically.

Why are you using cream and capsules of Pregnenolone? i did the same in the past, my rationale to use caps along with the cream was to raise Progesterone levels
I originally came into all this after Finasteride, and the cream likely helps with mood because of the higher AR content of the skin. I also have issues with lower cortisol, however, so I figured it had less of a chance to help with that. So far the capsules actually has seemed to help with that, and without the downsides of taking Hydrocortisone or Cortisone Acetate.

I’d tried 100mg of it for a while and it was okay, but 200mg was a lot better, so I jumped into 300mg since a lot of the studies on guys were at 500mg and 300mg’s worth is something I’m comfortable affording at the price I get it at.

I used to do progesterone cream at night and it was calming. I use them all in the morning now with the hope it’ll all help more with cortisol. Tried progesterone on the scrotum at 50mg and that mostly made me angry.

At 50mg of the preg cream and 25-50mg of the progesterone cream, my progesterone level was a little bit high on the lab scale I went with, and my pregnenolone levels were still near the bottom of the range. Also on 750iu’s of HCG 3 x a week.

Gman86

I originally came into all this after Finasteride, and the cream likely helps with mood because of the higher AR content of the skin. I also have issues with lower cortisol, however, so I figured it had less of a chance to help with that. So far the capsules actually has seemed to help with that, and without the downsides of taking Hydrocortisone or Cortisone Acetate.

I’d tried 100mg of it for a while and it was okay, but 200mg was a lot better, so I jumped into 300mg since a lot of the studies on guys were at 500mg and 300mg’s worth is something I’m comfortable affording at the price I get it at.

I used to do progesterone cream at night and it was calming. I use them all in the morning now with the hope it’ll all help more with cortisol. Tried progesterone on the scrotum at 50mg and that mostly made me angry.

At 50mg of the preg cream and 25-50mg of the progesterone cream, my progesterone level was a little bit high on the lab scale I went with, and my pregnenolone levels were still near the bottom of the range. Also on 750iu’s of HCG 3 x a week.

So what are u currently doing in regards to progesterone, just one capsule in the morning? How many mgs are u currently taking in capsule form?

Have u had ur cortisol levels checked while on the prog capsules?

Have u heard or read that oral prog increases cortisol more than other forms? I’m currently using injectable prog at night, but also have low cortisol, so I’m jc if oral is the preferred form to raise cortisol levels

Have u researched sorghum? It increases 5ar activity, and seems to be pretty popular with guys suffering from post finasteride syndrome

Gianluca

Historically, I had lower Pm cortisol and I used Hydrocortisone before, between Pregnenolone capsule or cream, the latter seemed to have a similar effect to taking straight hydrocortisone.

According to some studies attached to a wiki link, Pregnenolone cream preferably converts into Cortisol and DHEA, whereas the capsule converts mainly into Progesterone/Allopregnenolone, but less into Cortisol/DHEA. But we are all different, as in your case capsule did a better job for Cortisol. I can attest it is more difficult to increase Pregnenolone levels with a cream, capsule did a better job for that in my case as well.

Anonymon

Historically, I had lower Pm cortisol and I used Hydrocortisone before, between Pregnenolone capsule or cream, the latter seemed to have a similar effect to taking straight hydrocortisone.

According to some studies attached to a wiki link, Pregnenolone cream preferably converts into Cortisol and DHEA, whereas the capsule converts mainly into Progesterone/Allopregnenolone, but less into Cortisol/DHEA. But we are all different, as in your case capsule did a better job for Cortisol. I can attest it is more difficult to increase Pregnenolone levels with a cream, capsule did a better job for that in my case as well.
I recently did a trial of 5mg of Hydrocortisone again, and although it helped as it always does, I actually preferred the results in general of upping pregnenolone in pill form, so I came off it after a week. Based on past tests and general feeling, my cortisol’s low all throughout the day and higher than that in the evening despite still being low. On higher oral pregnenolone in the morning, my output in the evening feels higher and I feel generally better as if I’m on HC, but without some of the unwanted side effects. It helps me tolerate higher doses of thyroid meds as well.

Anonymon

So what are u currently doing in regards to progesterone, just one capsule in the morning? How many mgs are u currently taking in capsule form?

Have u had ur cortisol levels checked while on the prog capsules?

Have u heard or read that oral prog increases cortisol more than other forms? I’m currently using injectable prog at night, but also have low cortisol, so I’m jc if oral is the preferred form to raise cortisol levels

Have u researched sorghum? It increases 5ar activity, and seems to be pretty popular with guys suffering from post finasteride syndrome
25-50mg of cream in the morning, no capsules as I don’t have prescription access to that. My cortisol test while on this though was the bottom number of the range in the morning. I have never tried oral prog.

I have Sorghum but haven’t gotten around to trying it. I have had minor aid with using glycine in powdered form in drinks though, mostly in the evening, with taurine in the morning. Table spoon or so.

MIP1950

I’d say the enzyme 5ar would not be down regulated. Dht further reinforces its own creation by upregulating 5ar to some extent. Also Does aromatase get burned? I’d say not. To me it seems that high levels of circulating androgens can and alter estrogens activity at the receptor or depending on the androgen actually lower aromatase. and in turn lower thyroid hormone output through several vectors. Thyroid hormone is responsible for stimulating the pregnenolone and subsequent steroid cascade. High or imbalanced levels of androgens can strongly oppose estrogens action and therefore cortisol to the point that thyroid hormone may not be cellularly viable. Cortisol is important for active thyroid to be a metabolically viable chemical. Try to recreate what nature intended. Not just speed our way to feeling better by taking large infrequent injections. If you need more testosterone than what you naturally created when you felt your best when you were in your prime, then there are other parts of your metabolism/hormonal cascade that need to be examined. Not adding more test.
Where does one find a doctor like Dr. Gordon who will do the in-depth analysis of labs and symptoms/issues AND takes insurance? @Cataceous and I had a discussion about how does one restore the hormonal/neuroendocrine environment that we had when we were young. We're talking about looking for he proverbial needle in a haystack. Simpy said; It's complicated.

MIP1950

I recently did a trial of 5mg of Hydrocortisone again, and although it helped as it always does, I actually preferred the results in general of upping pregnenolone in pill form, so I came off it after a week. Based on past tests and general feeling, my cortisol’s low all throughout the day and higher than that in the evening despite still being low. On higher oral pregnenolone in the morning, my output in the evening feels higher and I feel generally better as if I’m on HC, but without some of the unwanted side effects. It helps me tolerate higher doses of thyroid meds as well.
Your pregnenolone dose? Thanks.

Anonymon

what is your level of Pregnenolone with that dose?
Not sure but I’m ordering a test the next time I go in. Was going to be tomorrow but I’m changing my thyroid meds again so I’m waiting for that to even out more first. Hoping for the best with it. High does preg has been a great boon to me despite some side effects like minor water retention.

Mastodont

Not sure but I’m ordering a test the next time I go in. Was going to be tomorrow but I’m changing my thyroid meds again so I’m waiting for that to even out more first. Hoping for the best with it. High does preg has been a great boon to me despite some side effects like minor water retention.
Have you stayed on preg and on that dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me