Fixes for Joint Issues: A list of Some Basics

DragonBits

I just found out my hip pain was caused by low ferritin even with normal hemoglobin and hematocrit and no blood donation. So, check your ferritin level!

Last month I checked my ferritin with an Iron panel, it was virtually the same as in 2018. So no problem there.

I checked because I felt unusually fatigued, but now I think it might have been I had covid back in March. Now i feel pretty much back to normal.

Iron and TIBC 168-305-4884-0
Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 384 ug/dL 250-450 CB
UIBC 264 ug/dL 111-343 CB
Iron 120 ug/dL 38-169 CB
Iron Saturation 31 % 15-55 CB
Ferritin, Serum 168-305-4884-0
Ferritin, Serum 126 ng/mL 30-400 CB

But thanks, I didn't know low ferritin could cause hip pain.

Auggie68

I just found out my hip pain was caused by low ferritin even with normal hemoglobin and hematocrit and no blood donation. So, check your ferritin level!

How do you fix?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I spoke too soon. Supplementing iron glycinate did not work. It was wishful thinking.

I am going through deep tissue and chiropractic adjustments. I also do hip flexor stretching.

fifty

I spoke too soon. Supplementing iron glycinate did not work. It was wishful thinking.

I am going through deep tissue and chiropractic adjustments. I also do hip flexor stretching.
In your journey to feel better, at some point I would consider Rolfing if you can find no other relief. It is a type of deep tissue massage that aims to balance the body. It's a specific modality that requires 100s of hours of training on top of a massage license.

For example I had bad pinching pain in my hips several years ago and could not figure it out. Squatting was very painful for example. Turned out I had super tight glute medius that was greatly jamming the head of my femur into my acetabulum during squatting especially. I also had a very tight obturator internus that made it hard to control rotation of my leg causing another problem in my hips.

My Rolfing guy helped me understand how tightness in one area of the body can cause a cascade of problems resulting in pain somewhere else that isn't obvious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors