What is the reason that nandrolone causes depression? (Mechanism of action)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

I suspect that "nandrolone depression" (T+N cycle) is caused by inhibition of androgenic activity and simultaneous increase of estrogenic activity.

I will increase my AI and try to reduce proviron, hopefully that will work for me . I want to keep DHT as low as possible for my hair and as high as needed for mental wellbeing.
Getting frequent blood test is unfortunately not possible for me due to our health care system. However, I previously tested the effect of different dosages of anastrozol, thus I have some reference points.
U could be onto something here. Theres some doctors that are also bodybuilders, on YouTube, that Ive seen speculate that hair loss increases when DHT and E2 are imbalanced. With hair loss, it would be too high of DHT, and too low E2, at the same time. They also speculate that the chances of gyno increase when E2 is too high compared to DHT. Basically saying that the ratios of hormones makes a big difference, not just where specific hormones are at on their own.

So ur theory falls in line with this ratio type thinking. And could explain why nandrolone solo, when enough estrogen is in the man’s system, doesn’t cause any of the issues that men can experience using a highly aromatizing compound as their base, with nandrolone on top. Could lead to high E2 signaling, with low androgenic signaling, like u stated.

and this could explain why certain DHT derivatives could help. They can lower estrogen and prolactin, while increasing androgenic activity

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Seagal

That's the only explanation I can come up why nandrolone only could work wrt mental wellbeing:

"DHT may also be synthesized from progesterone and 17α-hydroxyprogesterone via the androgen backdoor pathway in the absence of testosterone."

Again, reminds me of keto diet

Last edited:

Gman86

That's the only explanation I can come up why nandrolone only could work wrt mental wellbeing:

"DHT may also be synthesized from progesterone and 17α-hydroxyprogesterone via the androgen backdoor pathway in the absence of testosterone."

Again, reminds me of keto diet
Ya DHT could possibly be made that way. But I don’t think much, if it is. Just because nandrolone only helps a lot with hair, and even adding nandrolone to a test base cane help with hair. So don’t think much DHT is being made in other ways, if it is

I’m honestly so confused about how progestins work, as far as progesterone activity goes. I think the way it works is how synthetic folic acid works. It binds to folate receptors, filling them so folate can’t really get into the receptors, and carry out the actual actions that folate is supposed to do. Thus, synthetic folic acid can actually cause a folate deficiency. So I think progestins work the same way. They fill the progesterone receptor, blocking actual progesterone from carrying out its actions. Im pretty sure synthetic progestins, like nandrolone, don’t fill progesterone receptors and carry out the same healthy actions that endogenous or exogenous bio-identical progesterone will. Really not sure overall how this all works tho, as far as this progestin stuff goes. Really wish I did tho. Been trying to find info about how it works over the years, but just haven’t had any luck finding clear information on how progestins work. Im pretty sure they’re not good tho. Original birth control contains synthetic estradiol and synthetic progestin, and women on them experience the exact opposite things of a woman taking bio-identical estradiol and progesterone, including increasing cancer and a host of other negative health effects. So my gut tells me that synthetic progestins are not healthy in any way, and probably have a good amount of negative health effects, most likely directly related to all the positive related health actions that progesterone affects

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching