Went and saw the Doc...Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

NOSUPERMODEL

Okay, so yesterday(Tuesday) I went and saw the doc to get back on TRT since I had been off since July 2015. Of course, we did all the blood work. I made sure he checked everything that is recommended here for first time visit. I won't have blood results back probably until the end of the week. But, he already gave me my prescription. He said to do 250mg of Test Cyp IM once a week. I asked about an AI to the nurse, and she said she would write me one, but wait and see what my bloods said before telling me how much to take. My question is...should I just start with the 250mg he prescribed, or wait until I get my bloods back?

Also, there was no mention of HCG. I remember asking him about it when I was on previously, and he really didn't know what I was talking about. Of course in all my research, I know about it. But just do not have an idea of where to get it now.

So what should I do? Also, he wants to see me back in 10 weeks. Should I just schedule for 6 weeks?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Blindly prescribing a large doses of 250 mg? Seriously?

That's not a TRT dose and prescribing without labs is a huge red flag.

NOSUPERMODEL

I kind of figured I should wait until I got my bloods back. I know enough about TRT, to kind of do it myself, I just basically use him for the prescriptions. I think with the knowledge this site has, I can just use him for the prescriptions and blood work since my insurance will pay.

ERO

At the very least split your dose and inject twice weekly. Don't blindly use an AI unless blood work and symptoms show that you need it.

CoastWatcher

Red flags, blinking lights...all urging you to reconsider. That is an enormous dose. Typically, 100g per week is a starting regimen - 50mg every 3.5 days. And he sent you out with it in the absence of lab values??? Lots to be concerned about here.

NOSUPERMODEL

Yes, guys I know there are a lot of red flags. But, like I said I have done my research while I was on here, and I have been reading like crazy on here. Before I got off of TRT, I was doing 3 shots a week. I even experimented with daily SQ shots for a while. So I know 250mgs is a high dosage. So, I will not be doing that dosage. I can let him think he knows what he is doing, but do what I know is best. With bloods I can kind of get a feel for what I need. I am basically using him for the prescription.

In fact, I think the at the end of TRT last time I was only doing 120mgs per week, and that being broken up in 3 doses.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, guys I know there are a lot of red flags. But, like I said I have done my research while I was on here, and I have been reading like crazy on here. Before I got off of TRT, I was doing 3 shots a week. I even experimented with daily SQ shots for a while. So I know 250mgs is a high dosage. So, I will not be doing that dosage. I can let him think he knows what he is doing, but do what I know is best. With bloods I can kind of get a feel for what I need. I am basically using him for the prescription.

In fact, I think the at the end of TRT last time I was only doing 120mgs per week, and that being broken up in 3 doses.

Sounds like a good start, would be nice if you could add HCG.

Also, there was no mention of HCG. I remember asking him about it when I was on previously, and he really didn't know what I was talking about.

Let's see...HCG, and..."he really didn't know what I was talking about." That sentence alone speaks volumes, and is enough to ditch this guy that's posing as your TRT doctor. Throw in him telling you to take a 250mg injection once a week without lab work, and I would be running out of his office.

You deserve better medical care...seriously. Call Defy, and save yourself a lot of pain. You may have done some research about TRT, but you didn't research your health care provider well enough.

I can see you being successful on your own, this is the BEST place to do that though as Jackie says, there's little subsitute for a good Dr. I don't think there's anything really wrong if this Dr is willing to write the scripts, but have a solid backup plan if he cuts you off for some reason.

Lancealot

I'm in kind of the same boat as you. I have a doc who prescribed 200mg T once per week. After much reading on here I set up my own schedule and just use doc to get meds and run labs. I settled on 50mg 2xweek and 170iu hcg 2xweek. But as was said, it would be better to have a knowledgeable doc, especially if you run into issues. Best of luck.

GA8314

200 mg per week total dose isn't THAT high guys. Come on. I do 100mg every 3.5 days and the morning of my next shot put me at 1050. Everyone's different.

ERO

Many of us with low SHBG doing daily or EOD injections have a weekly total around 200mg a week and its no problem. I would not do 200 mg as a single once a week injection though - at the very least do 100 mg every 3.5 days - like Monday morning and Thursday evening, Less E2 and more stable T levels that way.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Doses of 200 mg per week are actually within guidelines for TRT.

Some clinics start you higher to make you feel better sooner. They then retest at week 6 or 8 to decrease dose and/or add anastrozole. Other clinics believe that starting men on 100 mg per week and increasing later (if needed) is a better approach.

The former believe that a lot of men may get disillusioned during the first 6-8 weeks if underdosed. The later believe you may increase side effects during those first few weeks if you do not dose more conservatively.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Everyone is saying exactly what I was thinking!! You will usually find that these types of physicians will not change course or try to learn more about HRT, for the sake of providing optimal treatment programs to their patients. The good news is there's other places and options!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Doses of 200 mg per week are actually within guidelines for TRT.

Some clinics start you higher to make you feel better sooner. They then retest at week 6 or 8 to decrease dose and/or add anastrozole. Other clinics believe that starting men on 100 mg per week and increasing later (if needed) is a better approach.

The former believe that a lot of men may get disillusioned during the first 6-8 weeks if underdosed. The later believe you may increase side effects during those first few weeks if you do not dose more conservatively.

^^^^This assessment is dead on accurate.

I personally take a more conservative approach and that's just me; I have followed the best Physicians' int this industry and read and researched both their clinical and subjective approaches for many years now and I personally stand by the mantra of "start low and go slow" as TRT is NOT a race; it's one where each individual is different and where the astute Physician will learn how to dial each man in perfectly over time.

NOSUPERMODEL

I still have not had my labs returned, so I have not started any medication as of now. I want to see the results first, and then get opinions from here.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me