Using clomid while on trt to retain testicular function

Buy Lab Tests Online

Yanksy

Hello,

I know this has been asked more than once here but I have Only seen conflicting, old information. I am hoping someone can help.

i am 33 and have low t. I was on trt but recently was prescribed clomid. The generic version is being discontinued and my insurance doesn’t cover it, so it will be expensive. Same issue with hcg. My question:

1.would using clomid at small doses while on trt help maintain function? Something like twice a week?

2. Could it be better to do more frequent clomid but cycle it one week on one week off?

any data you have is appreciated.

thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
No and no. Although it's not definitive, the anecdotal evidence is mainly against Clomid's promoting HPTA activation under TRT. The technical reason is that androgens, in addition to estrogens, suppress kisspeptin production in the hypothalamus. This in turn suppresses the rest of the hormonal cascade, including GnRH, LH and FSH. SERMs such as Clomid prevent suppression by estrogens in the hypothalamus, but they do nothing to stop suppression by high levels of testosterone.

If you want to go this route then there are some more viable plans. Administering GnRH and/or kisspeptin-10 along with TRT and a SERM can stimulate the HPTA, as documented here.

Simpler is to switch from conventional TRT to a short-acting form of testosterone, such as testosterone nasal gel. This is clinically proven to allow continued HPTA function at normal doses. It's possible that stronger HPTA activity would be achieved by adding a SERM such as enclomiphene to a nasal gel protocol.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello,

I know this has been asked more than once here but I have Only seen conflicting, old information. I am hoping someone can help.

i am 33 and have low t. I was on trt but recently was prescribed clomid. The generic version is being discontinued and my insurance doesn’t cover it, so it will be expensive. Same issue with hcg. My question:

1.would using clomid at small doses while on trt help maintain function? Something like twice a week?

2. Could it be better to do more frequent clomid but cycle it one week on one week off?

any data you have is appreciated.

thanks!
If you really like being on clomid. You can buy a generic version on reliable RX. It's not expensive.

Yanksy

If you really like being on clomid. You can buy a generic version on reliable RX. It's not expensive.
It’s not that I like being on clomid but that my insurance doesn’t cover fertility drugs and hcg is way more expensive. I’d rather not be on anything if I could help it but I feel terrible while not on trt. So, I am looking for options that protects fertility at a cost I can afford or that I can get my insurance to cover.

Yanksy

As for testicular atrophy, hCG is king and the only thing expected to show results while on TRT.
Yes I just don’t think I can afford it. I’ve seen people cycle 1 week on 3 weeks off totaling 1000-1500iu for the month. That I could afford but I am seeing conflicting information that suggests 250iu EOD is about minimum to promote testicular function.

Yanksy

No and no. Although it's not definitive, the anecdotal evidence is mainly against Clomid's promoting HPTA activation under TRT. The technical reason is that androgens, in addition to estrogens, suppress kisspeptin production in the hypothalamus. This in turn suppresses the rest of the hormonal cascade, including GnRH, LH and FSH. SERMs such as Clomid prevent suppression by estrogens in the hypothalamus, but they do nothing to stop suppression by high levels of testosterone.

If you want to go this route then there are some more viable plans. Administering GnRH and/or kisspeptin-10 along with TRT and a SERM can stimulate the HPTA, as documented here.

Simpler is to switch from conventional TRT to a short-acting form of testosterone, such as testosterone nasal gel. This is clinically proven to allow continued HPTA function at normal doses. It's possible that stronger HPTA activity would be achieved by adding a SERM such as enclomiphene to a nasal gel protocol.
Thank you for the info. Do you have anything you could share regarding the short acting clinical you mentioned to read and show my doctor if I think its a good option?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... Do you have anything you could share regarding the short acting clinical you mentioned to read and show my doctor if I think its a good option?

Yanksy

I will read those. Thanks!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale