Testosterone LOWER after 6 Weeks of treatment

Buy Lab Tests Online

acedia

Started with Test around 460

After 6 weeks of injecting 80mg every 4 days i got a blood test, and now my total testosterone is at 389.

How did my T go down almost 20% while injecting?? Ive called the clinic and havnt gotten a response from doctor yet

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

This is your trough level before the next injection. The levels after injection are expected to be much higher, assuming you are injecting a prescription testosterone, not something bought over internet.

You can test it 6 hours after injection, or the next day in the morning to verify that.

acedia

This is your trough level before the next injection. The levels after injection are expected to be much higher, assuming you are injecting a prescription testosterone, not something bought over internet.

You can test it 6 hours after injection, or the next day in the morning to verify that.
yes its prescription.

maybe ill get an at home test or something then, and test myself after I inject one of these times.

acedia

Thats when I had these labs done... it was injection day. I take 80mg every 4 days
I was talking about a home test or something because this guy suggested taking a blood test shortly after injection to see if my levels are actually being raised

Systemlord

taking a blood test shortly after injection to see if my levels are actually being raised
There's little point to checking levels at peak solely to see if your levels are raised, because it's not possible for your Total T to remain static at 389 ng/dL for those four days after your injection.

acedia

There's little point to checking levels at peak solely to see if your levels are raised, because it's not possible for your Total T to remain static at 389 ng/dL for those four days after your injection.
the point would be to see if this T im injecting is even working. my levels were 20% higher before starting. I feel like you're kind of derailing the thread

Systemlord

the point would be to see if this T im injecting is even working. my levels were 20% higher before starting.
According to you, your levels are 20% lower than pre-TRT. What your Total T was pre-TRT is irrelevant. All you have to do is increase your dosage, then check your levels again in 6 weeks. Checking levels now is redundant.

I feel like you're kind of derailing the thread
My bad, I thought you were looking for advice. No worries, I'll go now.

Last edited:

sammmy

It is unusual that your trough level T is 389 ng/dL with injecting 80mg every 4 days, unless you are a very rare and fast metabolizer or the testosterone is not working at all.

Best is to check the T level, on the next day morning after injection. You can request the test with your doctor.

JmarkH

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. . . but, he is six weeks into T. The exogenous T is going to suppress his natural production and so, his situation is not all that unusual. Therefore, lab test at six to eight weeks for an adjustment in dose.

acedia

I thought the whole "derailing the thread" was odd and didn't understand it. Your comments were on topic and seemed with helpful intent.
you think thats weird, yet twice the guy has made sarcastic remarks, and talking about stuff not related to the thread at all. I appreciate you trying to help but the other guy is clearly just trolling, and honestly to be sitting there refreshing this thread hoping someone replies to him in another persons thread is just pathetic

to the point I need to address it right here, if this isnt derailing I don't know what is.

JmarkH

Well @acedia, I hope you get the help you need. While you're waiting on the trt to get straightened out, you might consider therapy for emotional management. It can be tough when the hormones are out of wack. It's still no justification for calling people disparaging names like "pathetic" and "troll."

acedia

Well @acedia, I hope you get the help you need. While you're waiting on the trt to get straightened out, you might consider therapy for emotional management. It can be tough when the hormones are out of wack. It's still no justification for calling people disparaging names like "pathetic" and "troll."
I like how its my problem this guy has no life and is trolling on a testosterone blood test forum... How about you stay on topic, Why are you lobbing personal attacks at me now? I dont need help managing my emotions, the guy was clearly trolling, im not here for that. I joined to ask what others thought about my blood test.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
As the guys have implied, on an E4D injection schedule of cypionate/enanthate you could have peak serum testosterone that's at least 50-60% higher than trough. The more important question here is, what is free testosterone doing? Assuming cypionate, you're taking 14 mg of testosterone per day, which is well above the natural production range of 3-9 mg per day, with 6-7 mg typical for healthy young men. Chances are good that you need less testosterone, not more. It seems reasonably likely that you have crashed SHBG to low levels—androgens suppress SHBG production. This has the effect of reducing total testosterone to seemingly low levels, even while free testosterone is elevated. Free testosterone is the more important parameter, and is better correlated with the positive effects of testosterone. However, in my opinion, having above-range free testosterone is likely to be a net negative to overall health.

In any case, the priority is to start tracking free testosterone. Either measure it with a test using equilibrium dialysis, or calculate it by measuring SHBG along with total testosterone, or better yet use both methods.

RickB

I like sammmy's suggestion about 6 hours. I think the "you must run bloods at trough" mantra, which I see on this board and others, is shortsighted. In most cases it is the most important time, but the way that it is drilled home with no deviation is misleading.

For instance if you have high E2 symptoms you might want to see just how high your E2 is getting so you don't want to wait until trough, by which time it may've flatlined, especially if you're using an AI.

Even madman, who warns about letting FT get too high, says "test at trough" repeatedly and then points to a high trough FT and speculates how extremely high it would be at peak. Well, how about having an individual test at peak and see just how high his FT gets instead of hypothesizing by using a trough result?

I guess sometimes the always-test-at-trough directive is based on the idea that people might not have a lot of options when it comes to testing, but there are clearly members here who can test when they want and as often as they want. Telling them that only trough matters is handicapping them.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me