Sleep and Testosterone dosing

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sergel

Might be annectodal, but I track my sleep with my phone because of some sleep issues... I have very mild apnea only when sleeping on my back... so instead of a CPAP I sleep on my side... lol I still wake up 3 - 4 time a night but fall right back to sleep...

Now I have been lowering my dose again as a test, I am running the lowest I have in 5 years as my tests have always put me on the high end of total T and higher than normal bio available... So figured there was some space to lower again... I am now at 56mg per week! I inject twice a week, so 28mg/2x week... I also do HCG 500iu twice a week...

Now a few things I notice... more night time erections and more deep sleep! ... Before lowering my dose I rarely had more than 30min of deep sleep per night... now I frequently have double that! 60 minutes is not rare... Could I be on to something?

I am starting to think that for quality of life in general, lower is better... Also seem my reflux is a little better...

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Might be annectodal, but I track my sleep with my phone because of some sleep issues... I have very mild apnea only when sleeping on my back... so instead of a CPAP I sleep on my side... lol I still wake up 3 - 4 time a night but fall right back to sleep...

Now I have been lowering my dose again as a test, I am running the lowest I have in 5 years as my tests have always put me on the high end of total T and higher than normal bio available... So figured there was some space to lower again... I am now at 56mg per week! I inject twice a week, so 28mg/2x week... I also do HCG 500iu twice a week...

Now a few things I notice... more night time erections and more deep sleep! ... Before lowering my dose I rarely had more than 30min of deep sleep per night... now I frequently have double that! 60 minutes is not rare... Could I be on to something?

I am starting to think that for quality of life in general, lower is better... Also seem my reflux is a little better...

Thoughts?
What kind of watch do you have and what is your sleep score?

Systemlord

I use an Apple Watch. It does not give you a sleep score pre say but a graph showing your paradoxal, REM and deep sleep...
Same here, track my sleep on my Ultra watch. This allowed me to figure out the days I took more iron supplements, I sleep better, deeper and longer.

When I would lower my iron dosage, you can see the dramatic change in sleep on my Apple Watch.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Several here on the forum have made similar observations. Poorer sleep quality is likely one of various possible side effects from taking more testosterone than is natural for you. I belabor the point that the average healthy young guy makes 6-7 mg of testosterone per day. This means that about half the guys on TRT would have made less testosterone than this at their prime.
You can average an intake of 6-7 mg testosterone per day by injecting 60-70 mg of testosterone cypionate per week. In this context your dose of 56 mg per week should not be considered unusual. Here are some other accounts of how lowering the dose of testosterone yielded better results:

madman

Super Moderator

Thoughts?

Many men will do just fine without having to run high let alone absurdly high trough FT levels.

Too many still and most likely always will be caught up in that more T is better mentality.

Pure rubbish that will always be spewed on those so-called men's health/HRT forums, gootube let alone some of those so-called HRT gurus polluting the internet!

Keep in mind that running too high a trough FT level can be just as bad in many ways as running too low a FT level especially when it comes to sexual function (libido/erections) let alone mood/energy as T has a tonic effect on the CNS and can easily make one feel amped up.

Running too high an FT level can easily have a negative impact on sleep for some.

Comes down to the individual.

Nothing natural about being amped up on T 24/7!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me