Answering some questions, new to forum. Much appreciated!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jpsd38

Hi, if anyone can help me out that would be great and much appreciated! I’ve been seeing a Dr. for about five years regarding my T levels and have been on the following regiment, I’m 39 yr old male. -

1x 1ml syringe of Testosterone Cypionate out of a (5ml) 200 mg/ml vial every Wednesday (once a week) into my leg muscles.
1x 0.5 Anastrazole pill on the day of injection (Wendnesday)
1x 0.5 Anastrazole pill on Saturday (mid week)

My level of T and Free T are at great. Good enough levels to where I should have some sort of libido…but I have zero. Not low libido, but as if it’s not even crossing my mind ever anymore. If needing to preform, I can with my partner But it is very mechanical and it’s almost always a fast finish. Faster than ever before.

The thought of too much Anastrozole might be causing this, so the Dr. wants me to try taking out the Anastrazole on Saturday (so it would only be once a week) I’ve not gotten Estro levels checked. Can someone please help me get my life back to normal in this department? Thanks! -J

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I wouldn’t be surprised if estrogen was in the single digits at 1 anastrozole per week.

Libido can be a finicky thing, injection frequency and dosing, moderate or large can diminish libido in some men. Natural pulsatile testosterone release is closer to 5-7 mg daily.

Once weekly dosing isn’t going to work for everyone. I was a non-responder to once and twice weekly dosing even with T levels at 697 ng/dL at trough. I responded vigorously on smaller dosing of 7 mg daily and even 20 mg every other day with half the T levels versus twice weekly.

It begs the question why you’re even on an AI.

Last edited:

Systemlord

My level of T and Free T are at great.
A lot of missing info, like when in relation to your injections are you running labs. It’s quite a big difference testing on day 3 (midpoint) versus 7 days later before your next injection when T levels are at their lowest.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Adding to what @Systemlord said, you're currently on 200 mg of testosterone cypionate per week. This averages to 20 mg of testosterone per day, which is about three times the average amount that a healthy young man makes naturally. Would you consider this advisable if it were any other hormone? High levels of testosterone can negatively affect more than 20 other hormones.

Unfortunately it's a very common experience, with many doctors succumbing to the more-is-better mentality. Ideally you should have been started on 75 mg TC split into 2-3 doses per week. You go up or down from there based on results, and few should need to exceed 100 mg/week.

As it is you may experience low-T symptoms as you reduce to more reasonable doses, and ideally drop the anastrozole. But it's worth doing to feel more normal, even if it takes some months to stabilize. If normal physiological doses alone don't resolve your issues then you may need to consider other options. Some guys find that adding low doses of hCG to the protocol helps. You can also consider switching over to short acting testosterone, which comes in the form of nasal gels and troches. These cause less disruption of your overall hormonal balance.

My collection of anecdotes where guys find lower dosing is better:
The above post is now in a members-only area. Here is the quote:
crashnet November 13, 2020, 9:03 pm
I can't really blame her. Most of what you read is of the mindset more is better. But here’s the approach I wish she would have taken, “Your test results reveal an 81 TT, let’s see what happens if we bring you up to 400.” Would have saved me those 8 years of countless blood donations, countless nights of frustration for the wife, countless bouts of insomnia, and countless episodes of “dude, why is your face so red”.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching