Scrotal Cream absorption in relation to dosage applied - seems high

Buy Lab Tests Online

Computer_Jockey

I think I am missing something in relation to the scrotal cream application protocols.

The scrotal application is recommended as it is 8x more effective than other transdermal applications. Numbers have been posted stating 75-85% absorption with scrotal applications.

A common protocol with scrotal applications is 100mg applied twice a day. To my mind, this means you are absorbing 150-170mg per day. That is a major dose if so.

What am I missing?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Computer_Jockey

Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges. With the scrotal cream protocol, and assuming 40% absorption, you are introducing 80mg a day, and 560mg a week. That is over 2.5x the max dosage I usually see with injection totals (200mg). This is why I feel I must be missing some key point.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges. With the scrotal cream protocol, and assuming 40% absorption, you are introducing 80mg a day, and 560mg a week. That is over 2.5x the max dosage I usually see with injection totals (200mg). This is why I feel I must be missing some key point.
It may be a case of diminishing returns; huge doses like that reduce the efficiency of the limited skin area. This paper found about an "eightfold increase in testosterone bioavailability, using the scrotal compared with abdominal skin routes." But the comparison was made with 12.5 mg applied to the scrotal skin. Other doses tested were 25 mg and 50 mg. The dose-response curves demonstrate the decreasing returns, with the response at 50 mg mostly less than double the response at 12.5 mg.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Untitled 13.jpeg

tj

Exactly my question! The lifting Dermatologist is promoting a cream in Europe with 150mg/g. twice a day. I dont know if you put on a gram but that would be 300 mg.
with an absorbtionrate of 10 to 50% scrotal that would mean a lot of pure test per day.
No wonder they are feeling so good ;)

pema

I'm not well educated on this, but to mimic 200m injections daily don't you click 2 x at 6am and 2 x at 6pm (50m per click)?

Computer_Jockey

It may be a case of diminishing returns; huge doses like that reduce the efficiency of the limited skin area. This paper found about an "eightfold increase in testosterone bioavailability, using the scrotal compared with abdominal skin routes." But the comparison was made with 12.5 mg applied to the scrotal skin. Other doses tested were 25 mg and 50 mg. The dose-response curves demonstrate the decreasing returns, with the response at 50 mg mostly less than double the response at 12.5 mg.

OK, this is starting to make sense. So, with scrotal application, doubling the dose does not double the blood serum levels. Like you say, diminishing returns. Thanks for the link to the study. It and your description helped tremendously.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me