Red, hot face and mild sunburn like feeling everywhere - TRT/HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Trents

Hi all very glad to have found this board. Long time listener first time caller.

Weeks later and Have a wicked side effect now of brain fog, “tightness” around my eyes, lack of focus and visibly hot face with red nose cheeks forehead and ears. Sometimes my arms or back has a slight burning sensation similar to nerve pain, very mild. It is legit terrible though not gonna lie.

Starting labs pre trt
Total test 300.
Shbg 25
Prolactin 8.2
Estradiol 19
Hcg: 0
LH: 1.9
All iron and ferritin normal.
CBC, CMP, LFT normal

Protocol below

Been on trt IM 100mg per week and hcg 500 units Twice weekly under urologist supervision.

Kickstarted with 300 mg IM week 1, 200 mg week after then 100 mg weekly after that and since. This led to eventual TT lab of 1200 as of yesterday after 6 weeks (not trough, 2dd after shot- I plan to retest trough in a few weeks now that I’m on weekly regimen).

During week 4, 2 days after an hcg (pregnyl) shot of 550 units, like 7 hours later my face was beet red and I was flat out uncomfortable, though I didn’t have a fever and blood pressure was 118-85. I also had what looked like hives in chest on Friday telling me was allergic.

Thst was by far the worst; I assumed an allergy to cottonseed oil or the preservative in the test, so I stopped cypionate and got enanthate which has different oil and preservative- held my hcg and test shot for a week and resumed with testE the week after.

Has been 3 weeks since initial feeling and the burning hasn’t stopped but has calmed.

It seems to be correlated with HCG as I dropped dose to 400 units, but still after shot last week, by evening I felt like ass and was hot as hell with flush and fatigue- though no fever but not as bad as 2 weeks earlier.

Got CBC last week which showing normal HGB HCT.

Got Labs drawn as I needed to know e2, done only 2 days after pin,
Total t 1200, e2 38. No high E sides like bloating or acne, but double what my ore trt e2 was.

Plan to skip hcg until this passes as I already ruled out cyp allergy, been on enanthate three weeks so allergy to test or oil vehicles is unlikely.

Would like to hear if others had HCG (pregnyl brand) sides like this. Have held Saturday dose and haven’t shot for 4 days still have mild sunburn feel Fatigue but it’s calming down. Plan to hold hcg till this passes and have doc visit.

Thanks all glad to have found this community.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Always have your labs done at trough. When you post your lab remember to post ranges. Make sure you stay on the same protocol for at least six weeks before taking labs. Which estrogen test did you have. The sensitive one LC/MS/MS for men.

Systemlord

If you spend some time on this forum you'll notice members listing all pre-TRT labs, for all we know SHBG is on the lower end and then you could be on the wrong type of protocol. SHBG is very important, Free T as well since it's the free portion on testosterone circulating in the bloodstream. Total T isn't bioavailable.

I had what appeared to be a sunburn on my back and arms when injecting daily doses on sesame seed and cottonseed oils, to a lesser extent on cottonseed oil, but symptoms disappeared on an EOD protocol.

Never did figure out what caused the burning sensation, the redness eventually spread to other areas, shoulders, sides, face and legs. I noticed the burning sensation would always peak at night time.

Some men do well without HCG, otherwise HCG just causes problems that seem to disappear when stopped. It makes no sense to gradually increase your dosage starting out, it takes 6 weeks for levels to become stable in the bloodstream when injecting the same dosage.

So you inject 300mg, a whopper of a dose (!) and way above average for weekly dosing, then you inject 200mg which is at the limit for weekly dosing for 95 percent of men out there and you're wondering why it is your having so many problems?

You doctor just doesn't understand how to play this TRT game.

Would like to see liver function testing.

Last edited:

wsj357

It could be allergies in the HCGor the oils in your cypionate.

I would remove HCG and get 200mg for a few weeks to see if that helps.

I would also ask doc to fill it at a compound that will compound Cypionate with grape seed.

Trents

Always have your labs done at trough. When you post your lab remember to post ranges. Make sure you stay on the same protocol for at least six weeks before taking labs. Which estrogen test did you have. The sensitive one LC/MS/MS for men.
It could be allergies in the HCGor the oils in your cypionate.

I would remove HCG and get 200mg for a few weeks to see if that helps.

I would also ask doc to fill it at a compound that will compound Cypionate with grape seed.

Hi Vince and Wsj
it was the sensitive e2 test.
Tried cyp with grape seed the. Switched to E made with sesame. Don’t think that the T is the culprit. Burning gets worse after hcg dose.

LFTs: normal
Shbg: 25 nmol/L: right in middle of ref

I’m not sure that fluctuating testosterone can cause these symptoms of hotness that feels like a sunburn- I know athletes that take way higher dosages of anabolics and not one ever reported this...

I’m thinking I must be hypersensitive to the pregnyl (hcg)
Would like to hear from anyone else how long this lasted after stopping hcg;

Happy Easter all thanks much!

Trents

If you spend some time on this forum you'll notice members listing all pre-TRT labs, for all we know SHBG is on the lower end and then you could be on the wrong type of protocol. SHBG is very important, Free T as well since it's the free portion on testosterone circulating in the bloodstream. Total T isn't bioavailable.

I had what appeared to be a sunburn on my back and arms when injecting daily doses on sesame seed and cottonseed oils, to a lesser extent on cottonseed oil, but symptoms disappeared on an EOD protocol.

Never did figure out what caused the burning sensation, the redness eventually spread to other areas, shoulders, sides, face and legs. I noticed the burning sensation would always peak at night time.

Some men do well without HCG, otherwise HCG just causes problems that seem to disappear when stopped. Would like to see liver function testing.

Crazy same issue it has to be the hcg. Same thing with mild sunburn like feeling that starts in afternoon, peaks in evening, can even feel a mild burn on tops of arms legs and back. Exact same thing.

Really want to preserve fertility but this is terrible. I’ll be stopping hcg until this subsides. If I can’t reinitiate hcg withiut use when I get my t protocol straight i probably will need to atop it all :( have uro visit wed.

Thanks for your reply glad to know I’m not the only one that felt this weird burning.

Systemlord

Crazy same issue it has to be the hcg. Same thing with mild sunburn like feeling that starts in afternoon, peaks in evening, can even feel a mild burn on tops of arms legs and back. Exact same thing.

Really want to preserve fertility but this is terrible. I’ll be stopping hcg until this subsides. If I can’t reinitiate hcg withiut use when I get my t protocol straight i probably will need to atop it all :( have uro visit wed.

Thanks for your reply glad to know I’m not the only one that felt this weird burning.

Stangely Prevalite is the only medicine that helps eliminate the burning sensation, Prevalite is used to treat severe itching caused by liver disease even though my liver function tests look perfect.

I have a feeling my doctors are missing something.

fifty

Too many changes. HCG will be out of your system in 10 days. Give it that time and re-assess. If it's still an issue. Revert to cyp and maybe try compounded rHCG instead of urinary hcg (pregnyl).

Last edited:

Trents

Too many changes. HCG will be out of your system in 10 days. Give it that time and re-assess. If it's still an issue. Revert to cyp and maybe try compounded rHCG instead of urinary hcg (pregnyl).

Thanks for replying- I stopped HCG so far 4d and will wait that out. I’ve found a few users in different forums (no published case studies however) of HCG causing these symptoms. I’m hopeful cutting it out will solve this before I head out on my anniversary trip next week.

Couple links here. Would like to hear from anyone else on the board that experienced a burning sensation in skin along with fatigue after a few weeks as well.

Happy Easter.

T

HCG: Flushed Face

sinus and lung congestion when starting TRT or when increasing dose?

Trents

Anybody reading this ever get hypersensitivity to HCG shot? It’s been 5 days since last and the symptoms are improving very much.

Problem is I don’t wa t to be on trt if I can’t keep fertile. Catch 22 indeed.

wsj357

Thanks for replying- I stopped HCG so far 4d and will wait that out. I’ve found a few users in different forums (no published case studies however) of HCG causing these symptoms. I’m hopeful cutting it out will solve this before I head out on my anniversary trip next week.

Couple links here. Would like to hear from anyone else on the board that experienced a burning sensation in skin along with fatigue after a few weeks as well.

Happy Easter.

T

HCG: Flushed Face

sinus and lung congestion when starting TRT or when increasing dose?

Yes HCG bothered me in different ways to. The chemicals and way it’s compounded can be causing an allergic reaction. Hormones themselves should not cause these issues unless it’s acne or due to bp . Wonder if estrogen could cause the issue.

Trents

Yes HCG bothered me in different ways to. The chemicals and way it’s compounded can be causing an allergic reaction. Hormones themselves should not cause these issues unless it’s acne or due to bp . Wonder if estrogen could cause the issue.

Spoke to a pharmacist at the specialty pharmacy that dispensed the rx pregnyl. She believed this is a classic case of hypersensitivity to the hcg. Rare occurring in less than 1% of users- but it would never go away with prolonged exposure and recommend discontinuing use.

Now I need to see if rHCG would cause the same issue. Problem is that rx Ovidrel only comes in 250 mcg pre filled
Syringes, very costly. I called a couple compounding pharmacies and none of them can make the recombinant hcg.

So if I can’t readily keep my fertility I’m going to need to stop trt for now. I’m going to speak with the doc wed and see if there are other options for fertility- I don’t want to have to mega dose hcg later and clomid and wait months to have functioning sperm again... I can only imagine what a huge dose of hcg would do to me, could be fatal.

They rxd me an epipen just in case.

Last injection was 5 days ago, still mild burning and fatigue. Said could last 10-14 after injection.

Anyone else wvwr have a hypersensitivity reaction?

You can use Ovidrel like vial just draw with a syringe just be careful about the dosage. 0,5ml syring 3 bars is around 500iu. You can find some info about on this forum.

wsj357

Spoke to a pharmacist at the specialty pharmacy that dispensed the rx pregnyl. She believed this is a classic case of hypersensitivity to the hcg. Rare occurring in less than 1% of users- but it would never go away with prolonged exposure and recommend discontinuing use.

Now I need to see if rHCG would cause the same issue. Problem is that rx Ovidrel only comes in 250 mcg pre filled
Syringes, very costly. I called a couple compounding pharmacies and none of them can make the recombinant hcg.

So if I can’t readily keep my fertility I’m going to need to stop trt for now. I’m going to speak with the doc wed and see if there are other options for fertility- I don’t want to have to mega dose hcg later and clomid and wait months to have functioning sperm again... I can only imagine what a huge dose of hcg would do to me, could be fatal.

They rxd me an epipen just in case.

Last injection was 5 days ago, still mild burning and fatigue. Said could last 10-14 after injection.

Anyone else wvwr have a hypersensitivity reaction?

You can order from most pharmacies in the country. Try Hallandale or empower. You can take 250iu of HCG like I did and still
Maintain fertility. It seems For many men 250iu twice a week works.

I would rather stay on trt. The pain from low trt is unlivable. That’s just crazy.

Saxon

That feeling is high E2 for me all day. It also makes me photosensitive in the sense that if I stand in front of the vanity lights, they feel hot.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me