Question for guys on trt long term

Buy Lab Tests Online

Charliebizz

S1w said it and it’s a trend I also see. Older guys with age realated decline seem to do the best on trt. Not saying some younger guys do not. But almost all the guys that say they feel amazing seem to be 50+.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Rabbit91476

Was bad when I first got checked was around 170. Then it hits 309 and energy is bearable but no labido or desire to do anything. Endo said give it 10 weeks 100mg every 10 days see if it resolves symptoms .

Rabbit91476

S1w said it and it’s a trend I also see. Older guys with age realated decline seem to do the best on trt. Not saying some younger guys do not. But almost all the guys that say they feel amazing seem to be 50+.

As ive read threw posts . I read the same thing get the same impression

Style

I am almost 50, my doctor tested my T about 4-5 years as part of an annual physical and found it to be low. I didn't know it was. I was tired and slightly overweight and walked the dog regularly but didn't go to a gym.

I had a job that involved a lot of travel, restaurant food and didn't really leave time for a good gym workout schedule. I also had a undescended testicle as a kid and I think the surgery to fix it probably dropped my T levels. I didn't hit Puberty until i was like 17 years old.
I tried the T gel, that didn't work so I've been taking a shot once a week of testosterone cypionate for the past 3-4 years. I don't know if that counts as long-term, but its been long-enough for me to feel consistently happier even under stressful circumstances.

I read this website mostly for a better understanding of TRT and to make sure that I recognize any symptoms or issues if they arise. so far, everything has been good.

I got laid off from my job last summer and got really depressed, so I joined a gym. Exercise is as effective as most anti-depression medication with less side effects - plus without health insurance, a gym was cheaper.
I've been working out in a group barbell class called "BodyPump" consistently for an hour 3x week for the past 8 months. I don't feel like I'm 30, but I look pretty good and haven't dieted at all. My T-Shirts are tight on my biceps, my butt looks like a Greek Statue, my back doesn't hurt (no more monthly chiropractor visits) and I have calf muscles now.
I would say that half of the women in the class still do larger weights than me, and complete more squats and lunges than I can do.
I think the TRT has helped to put the muscle on (my Test levels are usually around 700-900 ng/dl and I test quarterly), but I also put in a lot of work and sweat.

I would definitely recommend a work-out routine to anyone, if on TRT or not. Getting the blood pumping and being in shape will definitely help with libido and overall health. I haven't gotten sick in the past year and my wife has caught colds that put her in bed for 3 days.

JohnTaylorHK

I wanted to ask a question on here because I’ve never seen it asked before. Just wanted to get feedback from guys that have been on TRT several years. The question is, have you ever at any point while being on TRT, felt as good as when your body was performing at its best naturally? The reason I ask is because it seems like most guys after several years really run into complications and side effects especially in the libido department. Any feedback appreciated

Yes, else your TRT is not optimal. Again, at the risk of rebuttal (ooer missus) I think the T doses mooted here are generally in the non-effective ranges. If you are on T, try increasing it. One way of keeping the same "dosage" whilst increasing the effect of it is to double the dose AND the period in between doses. (I forget where I read this but its quite effective). Namaste.

JohnTaylorHK

I would definitely recommend a work-out routine to anyone, if on TRT or not...

Try THIS BOOK for a workout regimen that may change your life. No gyms, no equipment, no BS. Add some cardio when you feel like it (15 mins rope jumping intense or 30 mins walking, for example). Namaste

Last edited by a moderator:

BJE

I’m 54 and I’ve been on T injections for about seven years. I’ve always been lean and fit. I started TRT due to ED difficulty reaching orgasm and depression/anxiety. I have high SHGB so in order to have a good free T level I have to have a total T level at the top of the chart or above. I inject 90mg test twice a week. I also use HCG and a very small amount of arimidex, .25mg to .5mg per month.

I feel great. Anxiety and depression better but not gone. Erectile function great, orgasms great, libido through the roof, I’m always thinking about sex and sex is by far and away the best it’s ever been. I feel great. With the exception of my knees I feel as good physically as when I was twenty. I lift weights, swim, run and do Taekwondo I’m in better shape than many guys in their twenties and certainly in better shape than any of the middle aged men and older that I see at my gym.

I think TRT has been great. The only glitches I’ve had are nipple tenderness and loss of penis sensitivity which seems to be due to high E2 thus I take a very small amount of arimidex when I notice these symptoms and they quickly resolve. This doesn’t happen very often though. Nipple tenderness may happen one day every month or two and loss of penis sensitivity has only happened about three times in the past seven years.

I don’t really care what my total T number is but I want my free T to be at the top of the range. I wouldn’t settle for low to mid normal range.

Gman86

I’m 54 and I’ve been on T injections for about seven years. I’ve always been lean and fit. I started TRT due to ED difficulty reaching orgasm and depression/anxiety. I have high SHGB so in order to have a good free T level I have to have a total T level at the top of the chart or above. I inject 90mg test twice a week. I also use HCG and a very small amount of arimidex, .25mg to .5mg per month.

I feel great. Anxiety and depression better but not gone. Erectile function great, orgasms great, libido through the roof, I’m always thinking about sex and sex is by far and away the best it’s ever been. I feel great. With the exception of my knees I feel as good physically as when I was twenty. I lift weights, swim, run and do Taekwondo I’m in better shape than many guys in their twenties and certainly in better shape than any of the middle aged men and older that I see at my gym.

I think TRT has been great. The only glitches I’ve had are nipple tenderness and loss of penis sensitivity which seems to be due to high E2 thus I take a very small amount of arimidex when I notice these symptoms and they quickly resolve. This doesn’t happen very often though. Nipple tenderness may happen one day every month or two and loss of penis sensitivity has only happened about three times in the past seven years.

I don’t really care what my total T number is but I want my free T to be at the top of the range. I wouldn’t settle for low to mid normal range.

How much HCG do you take, and how often?

SilverSurfer

Extreme anxiety, insomnia and carpal tunnel like symptoms in both hands. I went down to 5mg per day and didn’t help. Another poster Vince Carter said he had these strange pains as well. Not sure of the cause but stopped prop and haven’t felt them since.

That was from your thyroid responding to the testosterone. In men with hypothyroidism, it causes the synovial membrane surrounding the carpal nerve to swell.

SkyWarn

I wanted to ask a question on here because I’ve never seen it asked before. Just wanted to get feedback from guys that have been on TRT several years. The question is, have you ever at any point while being on TRT, felt as good as when your body was performing at its best naturally? The reason I ask is because it seems like most guys after several years really run into complications and side effects especially in the libido department. Any feedback appreciated

I am 54 been on T for 8 years. First couple years was great. Last few years have been so so. Lately have mild ed problems and libido comes and goes. I felt me best when I was 16. I could shoot a load 10 feet across the room and hear the sound of it hitting the wall. No joke. Now it just dribbles out.

Gman86

I am 54 been on T for 8 years. First couple years was great. Last few years have been so so. Lately have mild ed problems and libido comes and goes. I felt me best when I was 16. I could shoot a load 10 feet across the room and hear the sound of it hitting the wall. No joke. Now it just dribbles out.

You using HCG, or just testosterone only?

BJE

Exercise your PC muscle to strengthen your ejaculatory force.

xqfq

Extreme anxiety, insomnia and carpal tunnel like symptoms in both hands. I went down to 5mg per day and didn’t help. Another poster Vince Carter said he had these strange pains as well. Not sure of the cause but stopped prop and haven’t felt them since.

I'm sorry you're having these problems. I too had extreme anxiety, insomnia and sort of weird joint pain. I was sure I had low E2 and went and got tested..turns out my E2 (LC/MS/MS) was perfectly normal.

HCG in high doses gave me immediate relief from these symptoms but was unreliable. I kept digging. I'm not sure of anything really, but I believe that these symptoms were caused by low progesterone.

I would recommend measuring your progesterone levels. It's a $30 lab on discounted labs. I am still researching all of the effects of progesterone. I will make a comprehensive post once I've learned more and done more personal research..but I believe it can alleviate many of the negative symptoms guys experience on TRT when their numbers are otherwise "in range."

I believe it is due to biases on it being a "female hormone" it has not been adequately investigated in TRT. Progesterone also has a negative reputation due to the synthetic forms having side effects such as increased blood clotting.

But natural progesterone does not really have these issues, see e.g. this table on blood lipid impact of synthetic versus natural progesterone:

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 4.16.46 PM.png

The bad reputation also comes from its usage as a form of chemical castration in men. But that is just because it suppresses the HPTA, just like estrogen does -- NOT because it actually decreases libido itself in normal male doses. So a guy not on TRT shouldn't really take progesterone regularly because it may suppress the HPTA, but for a guy on TRT it can make a lot of sense if there are symptoms IMO!

The fact your symptoms didn't change with dosage also matches with it being a progesterone problem. This is because the HTPA shutdown causes the progesterone reduction.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching