Proviron to lower SHBG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Proviron used to be prescribed regularly in the UK for high SHBG TRT users until it was discontinued by Bayer. Along with Sustanon it got my SHBG down from mid 60s to mid 30s. Was it just the Sustanon that did that or the Proviron?
Both. According to Dr. Saya, Proviron is probably even more effective than Danazol at lowering SHBG. Ref.
Dr. Justin Saya said:
To my knowledge Proviron is both more effective at lowering SHBG and also worse for lipids, but is not approved in the US and cannot be legally prescribed. Danazol can be legally prescribed (off-label).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

Danazol works in that it lowers shbg. I remember dr crisler suggesting it to me back around 2006 after dr shippen kept talking about it.

From what I hear it lowers shbg but no one seems to feel better on it for some reason. I can’t recall any danazol “i feel great” stories.

JayLay777

Danazol works in that it lowers shbg. I remember dr crisler suggesting it to me back around 2006 after dr shippen kept talking about it.

From what I hear it lowers shbg but no one seems to feel better on it for some reason. I can’t recall any danazol “i feel great” stories.
If you took danazol to lower SHBG while completely natural it would cause suppression of testosterone believe , right?

fifty

I have in my notes that I was on danazol 10mg back in 07. Wasn’t taking trt or anything at the time. I barely even remember taking it. I think it lowered shbg but I probably felt no better on it and stopped.

Last edited:
If you took danazol to lower SHBG while completely natural it would cause suppression of testosterone believe , right?

Exactly right. Can only be used when HPTA is already suppressed (for example on TRT with very high SHBG).

Careful with dosing. I’ve seen danazol reduce SHBG from 150 down to 40.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I recently had a LOW SHBG guy who spent some time overseas and started taking EE2 (ethinylestradiol) - a synthetic oral birth control pill. Astonishingly his SHBG went from consistently around 20 or below up to 231! Unfortunately that didn’t translate into any subjective benefit for him. I anticipated same as I’ve seen countless females with sky-high SHBG due to the OCPs.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me