Progesterone Dose for Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

Thanks for the detailed response, really appreciate it. And love that ur having labs done while experimenting with this prog cream. Super helpful to the rest of us. And glad to hear that sexually things seem to be going well on ur prog cream experiment.

Did u test DHT or prolactin by any chance?

And where was ur E2 around prior to adding in the 25mg of prog cream to ur scrotum?
I did not test DHT, my e2 prior the cream was running always around 40, big difference right?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I did not test DHT, my e2 prior the cream was running always around 40, big difference right?
Oh wow definitely a big difference! Maybe prog can have a bigger impact on E2 and DHT than we currently realize. On injectable prog my DHT came back around 60 IIRC, and I usually ran in the low 100’s on the test dose I was on at the time. Only two variables I changed was adding the injectable prog and 15mg of Oxandrolone daily. So unfortunately I can’t confirm if it was the Oxandrolone or prog that dropped my DHT so dramatically, but one of them, or maybe both, clearly had a huge impact on my DHT level. Im dying to know if it was the prog or not. Only way to find out is for me to continue getting labs done on prog, and hopefully see other guys on prog getting their DHT levels tested as well.

DragonBits

For one thing I don’t think it’s been proven yet that raising t to 1200+ is inherently bad as long as care is taken to ensure other metabolic parameters are stable and in range.

I am personally a bit ocd. When I found out I have the power to independently control these metabolites more concisely while maintaining physiologic testoerone levels then for me it was a no brainer. Especially with increasing my test dose, the rate at which I convert t to e2 is so low that with adding testosterone it just makes the situation worse symptomatically. I have high hopes for this approach. I have the ultimate control.

If my body is not making enough testosterone, then why should I trust it to make proper use of the testosterone that I give it.

I haven’t recently tested my free t but my shbg is always 30-40.

yes, I’m likely to add back t3. I was thinking that possibly raising my dht would help the t4-t3 conversion as most androgens do. I will be evaluating this soon after I get my dht and e2 numbers within the next 2 weeks.
I think a little t3 5-10mcg daily is not a bad idea for most people, especially in times of stress.

I’m also thinking of medicinally using nicotine as it is a powerful metabolic agent and before I quit I was literally able to work 80+ hours per week and loving life. I quit and then shortly after found my couch more and more frequently.

today I bought a vape to use nicotine. I feel like my brain is awake again. I’m sure I can combat some of the consequences of the nicotine’s effects on my hdl by making sure that I follow through with dialing my e2 up a bit as e2 will raise my hdl.
Joe, this is an old post of yours, but rather than nicotine, you should consider kratom. It is stimulating amd rases mood, and often used in asia for those doing manual labor. I just think side effects for kratom are minor while nicotine sides are more troubling. Side effects of kratom tend to be constipation, dehydration, some lose of appetite. Other sides tend to be a case by case basis.

Gianluca

Oh wow definitely a big difference! Maybe prog can have a bigger impact on E2 and DHT than we currently realize. On injectable prog my DHT came back around 60 IIRC, and I usually ran in the low 100’s on the test dose I was on at the time. Only two variables I changed was adding the injectable prog and 15mg of Oxandrolone daily. So unfortunately I can’t confirm if it was the Oxandrolone or prog that dropped my DHT so dramatically, but one of them, or maybe both, clearly had a huge impact on my DHT level. Im dying to know if it was the prog or not. Only way to find out is for me to continue getting labs done on prog, and hopefully see other guys on prog getting their DHT levels tested as well.
I'm curios if you noticed any decrease in libido erections or sex drive since starting the Prog? it would be interesting to see if there is any changes in E2 for you as well. Perhaps the cream may have a different effect on E2/DHT than injectable Prog

Last edited:

Gman86

I'm curios if you noticed any decrease in libido erections or sex drive since starting the Prog? it would be interesting to see if there is any changes in E2 for you as well. Perhaps the cream may have a different effect on E2/DHT than injectable Prog
No decrease that I’m aware of with either libido or erections. That would be interesting if the route u take prog has an effect on how the prog ends up effecting E2 and DHT. I really hope more guys start supplementing prog and getting labs done while on it so we can figure some of these things out

DragonBits

I've heard both ways in regards to prog and t. Prog actually raised my natural tt from the 200s to 402. And free t from low normal to close to mid range. I'm just not sure why I didn't feel much better. I wonder if it's prog effe t on dht and e2. I have a better libido and exercise recovery on trt vs prog alone.
Old post, but my first take would be that 402 isn't high enough to really make a difference for you. Or maybe it would take 3-6 months to even make a small difference.

I know when my total T was naturally 350 I had all the symptoms of low T. On trt usually I my total T is from 600-1500.

I believe that some people grow up with higher or lower levels of natural hormones and their receptors develop to expect those levels. Perhaps those with naturally low levels of T have more or more sensitive receptors and those with naturally high T have less or less sensitive receptors?

Perhaps you and I both need higher levels of total T to do well. Also, my T>E2 conversion is fairly low. No matter what I take, in the past 11 years E2 was high only once, and that seemed like a lab error.

Before trt when my total T was 350, by E2 was below 5. Even at a total T of 1368 my e2 was 38.4 (7.6-42.6.) This would be consistent with my having a fairly high level of natural T when I was young and needing less conversion of T to E2.

Too bad this doesn't happen, but IMO every male should have their hormones tested every 3y or so at age 20 to establish a baseline. Almost no one does this, and so I have no idea what my testosterone was before age 40.

DixieWrecked

I have actually seen some muscle gain for the past month, just after starting the scrotal Progesterone, which is the only application site that bring my level to upper range. I think I see improvements in my muscle gains because most of the times I rest or sleep, i do it deeper.
I actually would apply the prog cream to my scalp. I shave my head. I don't have bloods to refer to but I can definitely feel the calming effects.

Nocalves

No decrease that I’m aware of with either libido or erections. That would be interesting if the route u take prog has an effect on how the prog ends up effecting E2 and DHT. I really hope more guys start supplementing prog and getting labs done while on it so we can figure some of these things out
I am really prone to anything what can decrease E2. Cream or injection of prog. almost zero my e2 in few days. Can not take prog without e2 injection

Gman86

I am really prone to anything what can decrease E2. Cream or injection of prog. almost zero my e2 in few days. Can not take prog without e2 injection
Man, prog is potentially a pretty strong E2 inhibitor in some men apparently. I wonder if it has the potential to be an equal inhibitor of DHT.

What dose(s) of injectable prog have u tried?

Nocalves

Man, prog is potentially a pretty strong E2 inhibitor in some men apparently. I wonder if it has the potential to be an equal inhibitor of DHT.

What dose(s) of injectable prog have u tried?
Yes, sice I crashed my e2 few years ago, I have this kind of problem with lowering my e2..
I belive it was about 0,7mg ED

Nocalves

If you dont kind me asking, which e2 Ester do you inject? Also, what is your dosage and frequency?
Estradiol enanthate. It is hard to say how much, I am still playing with dosing, because it depends on progesterone dose. To answer your question let´s say 30-50mg daily.

Gman86

Yes, sice I crashed my e2 few years ago, I have this kind of problem with lowering my e2..
I belive it was about 0,7mg ED
That sounds about right. 2mg put my level at 1.6 (0.5-1.0). Cataceous uses around 0.6-0.7mg of inj prog daily and I think he says his level is around 0.7(0.5-1.0). So I would imagine ur prog level would of been in the upper part of the range on that dose, which seems to have been too much for u. I’m currently using 1mg per day and will hopefully get a bunch of labs done very soon

DragonBits

Washout time after stopping progesterone cream?

I started taking progesterone in June 2019 to help with sleep issues. Now my sleep issues seem to have been resolved (at least so far) I wanted to quit with the progesterone.

It isn't giving me any problems I know about. Reasons I wanted to quit.

1) test what my natural progesterone levels really are?
2) just determine is this is negative for sleep, positive for increase day time energy? Anything else I just didn't realize was a part of applying progesterone.

After this washout period, I may start again depending on what happens.

DragonBits

Overdosing progesterone for me caused Oscillopsia.

Maybe not really Oscillopsia, but that is the closest I can come to what I was experiencing. I got this when either getting up from bed, or after sitting for a while in a car waiting for wife, then rising from semi-prone position. If i try and walk while this is going on, I can't walk straight, like a drunken type of walk. Very weird feeling, but it goes away quickly.

It looks pretty close to this.

I typically take 7 mg in progesterone cream. My levels measure at the top (but not over) labcorps range of 0-0.5 ng/ml. So it was 0.5-0.4.

Anyone ever get this sort of dizzy spell?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me