Progesterone Dose for Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

newuser

I feel like I’ve heard guys say that their sensitivity decreases with progesterone. I’m hoping that if this is the case, and is caused by the prog in these men, that it’s due to their levels just being too high. I’d hate for progesterone to give guys positive benefits, but also some negative symptoms like decreases penis sensitivity, and there being nothing we can do to get all the positives without the negatives. I’m really hoping that as long as we keep progesterone in our own individual sweet spots, that we can receive all the benefits, without any of the negatives. Prog has such a tight range, so I just feel like it might be a difficult hormone to dial in perfectly. Especially if someone is using a topical version, which will probably give someone the most inconsistent and unpredictable levels, out of all the forms of progesterone I would imagine
Pregnenolone would be safer to use progesterone then. It converts to progesterone dose dependent.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Pregnenolone would be safer to use progesterone then. It converts to progesterone dose dependent.
Ya only problem with pregnenolone is u have no idea what hormones and metabolites it’s gonna convert into, and at what rates. I, for example, have naturally high DHEA-S levels, but bottom of the barrel preg levels anytime I’ve tested it on HRT. Dhea opposes cortisol, so if I take preg and it increases my DHEA levels further, not sure if that would be a good thing. And it’s impossible for me to know if the preg is gonna convert heavily into dhea, or favor converting into other hormones/ metabolites

The only hormones/ metabolites that I would want preg to convert into are progesterone, and then cortisol and Allopregnenolone. So for me, it just makes sense to take progesterone directly

Last edited:

newuser

Ya only problem with pregnenolone is u have no idea what hormones and metabolites it’s gonna convert into, and at what rates. I, for example, have naturally high DHEA-S levels, but bottom of the barrel preg levels anytime I’ve tested it on HRT. Dhea opposes cortisol, so if I take preg and it increases my DHEA levels further, not sure if that would be a good thing. And it’s impossible for me to know if the preg is gonna convert heavily into dhea, or favor converting into other hormones/ metabolites

The only hormones/ metabolites that I would want preg to convert into are progesterone, and then cortisol and Allopregnenolone. So for me, it just makes sense to take progesterone directly
Yes you are right. Oral, topical or scrotal administration all have different metabolites.

Gianluca

I feel like I’ve heard guys say that their sensitivity decreases with progesterone. I’m hoping that if this is the case, and is caused by the prog in these men, that it’s due to their levels just being too high. I’d hate for progesterone to give guys positive benefits, but also some negative symptoms like decreases penis sensitivity, and there being nothing we can do to get all the positives without the negatives. I’m really hoping that as long as we keep progesterone in our own individual sweet spots, that we can receive all the benefits, without any of the negatives. Prog has such a tight range, so I just feel like it might be a difficult hormone to dial in perfectly. Especially if someone is using a topical version, which will probably give someone the most inconsistent and unpredictable levels, out of all the forms of progesterone I would imagine
One thing to take into account is that Progesterone can lower E2, therefore it can lower libido/sensitivity. I started to complain a bit of lower libido sensitivity lately, my E2 went down to 36 from upper 40’s I believe

Gman86

One thing to take into account is that Progesterone can lower E2, therefore it can lower libido/sensitivity. I started to complain a bit of lower libido sensitivity lately, my E2 went down to 36 from upper 40’s I believe
I’ve also heard that prog can lower DHT. Not sure if this is true, or by which mechanism this would occur. I do know that while on progesterone my dht was cut in half. But I was also on 15mg of Oxandrolone per day at the time, so not sure which one did it. But it was 100% one of those two things that caused my DHT to be at the level it was.

Have u ever heard about prog effecting DHT levels? I would assume since DHT has been known to improve sexual function, that there’s obv a chance that lowering it could effect sensitivity. Low E2 levels can absolutely decrease penile sensitivity tho like u said

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Curt Moyer characterized progesterone as "a strong 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor" based on this study. The mechanism presumably is competitive inhibition of testosterone at the 5-alpha-reductase molecules. The in vivo part of the study used 100 mg of progesterone, which is a massive dose for a small area of skin. Therefore we might want to skip the "strong" adjective—progesterone is probably relatively feeble compared to finasteride, dutasteride, etc.

BillyJ03z

Curt Moyer characterized progesterone as "a strong 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor" based on this study. The mechanism presumably is competitive inhibition of testosterone at the 5-alpha-reductase molecules. The in vivo part of the study used 100 mg of progesterone, which is a massive dose for a small area of skin. Therefore we might want to skip the "strong" adjective—progesterone is probably relatively feeble compared to finasteride, dutasteride, etc.
That study was from 1974..... just sayin'...

Gianluca

Checkout this quick video if u have time. He seems to think that progesterone definitely helps with gaining muscle, I’m curious if u think his conclusions are correct or if u see any issues with how he came to those conclusions.

I have actually seen some muscle gain for the past month, just after starting the scrotal Progesterone, which is the only application site that bring my level to upper range. I think I see improvements in my muscle gains because most of the times I rest or sleep, i do it deeper.

Gman86

I have actually seen some muscle gain for the past month, just after starting the scrotal Progesterone, which is the only application site that bring my level to upper range. I think I see improvements in my muscle gains because most of the times I rest or sleep, i do it deeper.
Glad to hear this. It could definitely be due to sleep quality increasing. But hopefully there’s some direct properties of prog that help with muscle growth as well like this guy was saying.

BillyJ03z

What kind of Progesterone Cream do you use? how much do you apply? and do you feel it has helped energy and libido? A recently (few days ago) started applying Progesterone cream to temples and scalp (20mg) and I haven't really noticed a difference so far... I tried applying to scrotum area hoping maybe I would feel something but nothing yet so far.... Still feel tired, low libido, etc.....

Gianluca

What kind of Progesterone Cream do you use? how much do you apply? and do you feel it has helped energy and libido? A recently (few days ago) started applying Progesterone cream to temples and scalp (20mg) and I haven't really noticed a difference so far... I tried applying to scrotum area hoping maybe I would feel something but nothing yet so far.... Still feel tired, low libido, etc.....
I use a prescription cream from Empower, the only application site that has giving me a good level is the scrotum, 25mg Total. Check your levels, see where you are at, start low and work your way up. No increase in libido for me with the cream. Major benefit is feeling more rested/relaxed, calm, also in social occasions. I also feeling recovery better from my work out, likely for the fact I'm resting more

BillyJ03z

I use a prescription cream from Empower, the only application site that has giving me a good level is the scrotum, 25mg Total. Check your levels, see where you are at, start low and work your way up. No increase in libido for me with the cream. Major benefit is feeling more rested/relaxed, calm, also in social occasions. I also feeling recovery better from my work out, likely for the fact I'm resting more
I'm wondering if there is a difference from the over the counter Prog creams to the Empower prescription Prog creams... I just don't want to be wasting my time with something isn't legit or working...

Gman86

Do u know where ur prog levels are currently at by any chance?

DixieWrecked

I'm wondering if there is a difference from the over the counter Prog creams to the Empower prescription Prog creams... I just don't want to be wasting my time with something isn't legit or working...
I've tried both and I like empower MUCH better. It's more concentrated, it absorbs better. Sorry don't have blood work but the calming effect from the empower cream is much stronger and can actually have me too tired the day after I apply

Gianluca

I always prefer compounded RX hormones, unless someone makes a mistake, you know exactly what you are getting mg by mg

Gman86

Prog runs steady now at .5 (labcorp)
Wow so the cream must have a very low absorption rate. Something like 5% I would imagine. To get a level of 0.5 with injectable prog, a guy would need roughly 0.5-1mg of injectable prog. So if ur applying 25mg of the cream to ur scrotum, ur level tells me ur roughly only getting around 1mg into ur system. Which would be roughly 5% absorption

Is the 25mg of prog cream to ur scrotum the only form of prog ur currently using?

Gman86

@Gianluca have u ever tried raising ur prog dose to see if u felt better with a slightly higher prog level? Or have u ever thought about whether u would feel better raising ur prog level a bit? Say somewhere closer to 1.0 for example? How do u know that 0.5 is ur sweetspot for prog?

Gianluca

@Gianluca have u ever tried raising ur prog dose to see if u felt better with a slightly higher prog level? Or have u ever thought about whether u would feel better raising ur prog level a bit? Say somewhere closer to 1.0 for example? How do u know that 0.5 is ur sweetspot for prog?
to respond to your previous question, the Prog cream is the only form I'm using, I'm also using a Pregnenolone cream, but as we learned it does not convert into Progesterone at all.

in the past I had my Progesterone at .7 using the Pregnenolone capsules, but I cannot compare that to this current situation. Actually, I can say that applying the cream, has a different outcome, even with lower levels, on my E2 as well.

If you recall, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that my libido decreased, I was also experiencing some other symptoms including a type of anxiety I used to have in the past when my E2 was low. I decided to test my E2 just 10 days ago, it came back today at 18! however, I do not experience anymore these symptoms, and actually for the past couple of days my erections, sex drive and libido are really good, especially the erections, better than before. Maybe my E2 came back up? consider I'm 6 weeks into Scrotal Progest Cream, perhaps once we use Progest in isolation we see a transient decrease in E2 that eventually level up after several weeks? I would hope so.

But to respond to your question, I do not think I want to try to increase my Prog dose, if my E2 doesn't come back up soon, I may actually go for only 12.5mg instead of 25

Gman86

to respond to your previous question, the Prog cream is the only form I'm using, I'm also using a Pregnenolone cream, but as we learned it does not convert into Progesterone at all.

in the past I had my Progesterone at .7 using the Pregnenolone capsules, but I cannot compare that to this current situation. Actually, I can say that applying the cream, has a different outcome, even with lower levels, on my E2 as well.

If you recall, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that my libido decreased, I was also experiencing some other symptoms including a type of anxiety I used to have in the past when my E2 was low. I decided to test my E2 just 10 days ago, it came back today at 18! however, I do not experience anymore these symptoms, and actually for the past couple of days my erections, sex drive and libido are really good, especially the erections, better than before. Maybe my E2 came back up? consider I'm 6 weeks into Scrotal Progest Cream, perhaps once we use Progest in isolation we see a transient decrease in E2 that eventually level up after several weeks? I would hope so.

But to respond to your question, I do not think I want to try to increase my Prog dose, if my E2 doesn't come back up soon, I may actually go for only 12.5mg instead of 25
Thanks for the detailed response, really appreciate it. And love that ur having labs done while experimenting with this prog cream. Super helpful to the rest of us. And glad to hear that sexually things seem to be going well on ur prog cream experiment.

Did u test DHT or prolactin by any chance?

And where was ur E2 around prior to adding in the 25mg of prog cream to ur scrotum?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me