Jatenzo Dosing w/o Food/Meal?

Buy Lab Tests Online

MegaTurd

I've followed Systemlord's progress with Jatenzo. After being on TRT for well over a decade and countless complications from injections, dealing with discontinued products like Androderm or a complete lack of therapeutic effectiveness from alternate modalities like Natesto, I decided to give Jatenzo a shake. I'm on a slightly higher dose: titrated up to 316mg, BID.

I recall reading that Systemlord was experimenting with dosing without a meal/food. Curious if he or anyone else out there has experimented and/or observed a significant decrease in levels dosing without a meal? Some of the earlier studies indicated there was a significant decrease when dosing with lower fat meals or on an empty stomach so I'm interested to see what others have discovered.

I'm curious about this because I would prefer to dose my PM dose right before bed. At the moment, I try to wrap up eating 3-4 hours before bed so I'm currently dosing Jatenzo between 6-7pm. Studies indicated Tmax is between 2-4 hours, so I'm currently peaking around bedtime and in the high T range while I'm trying to nail some quality delta sleep. Unfortunately, I'm one of those guys whose sleep suffers when my T is high. Soooo... it would be great if I could dose right before bed and peak closer to my wake up time instead... similar to the way Androderm worked... similar to eugonadal circadian production. Right now I'm experiencing the same sleep issue I used to with injections... waking early, warm, adrenaline rush and feeling exhausted the next day. On Natesto and Androderm, this was not a problem nor was it a problem when I was hypogonadal so I'm connecting it to high T levels.

Already being treated for UARS with APAP in case someone's brain fires in that direction.

In any case, I'll probably experiment myself and see what happens dosing without a meal before bed. One of the advantages of the 316mg dose is that it is comprised of (2) 158mg capsules soooooo... I could reduce my dosage slightly at night as well by just taking a 158mg cap with dinner... should result in lower T levels at bedtime. I've also considered doing the 316 mg PM dose mid afternoon with the thinking that by bedtime I'd prob be in the 400s vs the 700-800s like I am currently dosing with dinner.

I'll add that Jatenzo has crushed my SHBG. Historically mine was in the 40s/50s... mid 30s on injections. Latest labs had mine at 11! A little concerned...

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

There’s no reason why you can’t take 316 mg in the morning and 237 mg at night.

Do you really need 316 mg?

Jatenzo typically only reduces SHBG by 40 percent. My SHBG has gone up on Jatenzo, same as injections at 24, up from 11 pre-TRT.

It would be interesting to see where your morning cortisol sits, because that’s what wakes you up in the mornings.

MegaTurd

The overarching point of my post revolved around dosing without food/meal. I believe you (systemlord) mentioned once that you were trying that. Are you… any lab work?

If you’re on the 316mg dose you don’t have the option to drop to 237mg. Like I mentioned the 316mg dose consists of (2) 158mg caps. My option are 316, 158 and zero.

Do I really need 316mg you ask? LOL. Ummm… well I think so. Like I mentioned, that dosage was arrived at via titration.

Like I said, I believe my particular issue is related to max T levels when I’m hitting the hay. I’m looking into ways to mitigate that and dosing right before bed on an empty stomach is a possible option along with some of the others I mentioned.

Systemlord

Are you… any lab work?
The lab work remained the same with/without food. I tested 5-6 hours after my morning dosage and Total T was 553-478, as expected.

I even took a double dosage by accident and got 1052 at 5-6 hours without food. I remember I was so much stronger in the gym that day and I had a WTF moment as everything return to normal strength the next day and it wasn’t until I saw the results that it dawned on me what had occurred.

Last edited:

MegaTurd

Roger that. Thank you for sharing.

Hopefully my SHBG will rise to a somewhat more respectable level with some additional
time under my belt. That said, the 11 I scored was a snapshot and it occurred when my t was maxed out so no telling where it is once T drops off… likely increases slightly.

As a side note…. It’s so nice to be off the chronically high T 24/7 ester train.

Systemlord

It’s so nice to be off the chronically high T 24/7 ester train.
I couldn’t tolerate injections for that very reason, daily and EOD dosing was out of the question for me. I know it has something to due with my Gilbert’s syndrome, because all symptoms started when my skin turned yellow and bilirubin was 2.5 or more than twice the normal limit.

I may have forgot to mention diabetics will typically see a rise in SHBG due to the insulin resistance suppressing the SHBG, and the TRT improving metabolic syndrome associated with diabetes.

That’s why my SHBG increases on TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching