Issues with cypionate causing heart pounding

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jfoo

I'm no longer on TRT for an issue similar. Regardless of how much cyp I injected my heart rate would jump in the high 90s bps. Normally in the 70s. I did end up on cream at a lower dose. But that only increases my free T minimally. The cream at lower dose didn't increase my BPS.

I'm no longer on TRT for an issue similar. Regardless of how much cyp I injected my heart rate would jump in the high 90s bps. Normally in the 70s. I did end up on cream at a lower dose. But that only increases my free T minimally. The cream at lower dose didn't increase my BPS.
Having a look around in forums and Reddit at people with heart symptoms from testosterone, it seems to be that they are more often on cypionate than not. I’m not sure if that’s a coincidence or perhaps because more people are on cypionate than other forms of testosterone.

For anyone interested, I have found something that has actually reduced the issue I have been having with the cypionate. When I first opened the vial the heart pounding effect was strongest and then subsequentially got a little bit weaker although it was still strong. It made me think that perhaps exposure to air breaks down some chemical in it. For a few days I kept on injecting 1.5ml of air into vial and then removing it. Following this it feels like I am not so vasodilated or my heart is pounding so bad. It's still there but more like it was before I started TRT, the difference is night and day.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Mood was one of the many symptoms I have been trying to "treat" with TRT. As is well documented, I have had a hard time nailing down a tolerable TRT protocol (@Charliebizz, hold your fire, my brother ;)). So, I decided that maybe I should be attempting to attack mood from another angle. So, I actually started sertraline a few weeks ago.

The most challenging thing I have noticed is overwhelming fatigue that happens in the middle of the day - like 11AM to 2PM or so - every day. I am not 100% that it's from the sertraline, but I am virtually certain. It's the only variable I can think of that may be causing it. Only other variable is that I have been on cream. I suppose it's possible my levels drop that time of day, but really doubt it based on recent labs.

The midday fatigue is probably the sertraline. In my view, SSRIs are not a reliable long-term mood enhancer. In the cases where they do initially seem to relieve depression they invariably "poop out" at some point. They commonly cause a rebound/withdrawal depression when you stop and they have a very sinister long-term effect of increasing your vulnerability to future bouts of depression.

They are more effective at treating anxiety long-term if you can accept the many downsides.

pyater

Very interesting thread. I had exactly the same problem with Test Cypionate injections. High resting heart rate and I had what I would consider heart palpitations. I tried lower dosing, switching to smaller EOD injections. I was doing sub-q injections. After cardiologist visit and lots of diagnostics, I switched to Natesto and they have subsided. Not as thrilled with T levels or the way I feel on Natesto but better than the sides with Cypionate shots. I tried propionate ester and same issues.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I wouldn’t give up on HRT man. I would do so many things before doing that. Definitely try optimizing diet, sleep, stress and exercise the best that u can before giving up. U’d be extremely surprised how fast anxiety can subside when u optimize ur diet. And when I say optimize ur diet, I mostly mean just cutting out things that mess with ur body, and only give it things that help the body and give it the micronutrients it needs to function properly. 99.999999% of people that think they’re eating healthy aren’t. I can always find multiple things that someone is ingesting that is messing with their body bigtime, whenever they say they eat healthy and I ask what their diet consists of. I could honestly post hundreds of anecdotes where people are talking about how optimizing their diet completely got rid of their depression and/ or anxiety. A lot of the people report lifelong depression and anxiety going away too. And many people that had been diagnosed with treatment resistant depression. U wouldn’t believe how easy it is for most people to get rid of their anxiety and/ or depression once they figure out the true way to eat properly.

You can't attribute every case of depression or anxiety to diet but I would agree that it is a major factor for many people. I can reliably induce depression in myself by eating a good-sized serving of cheese. It took me forever to figure this out because the symptoms don't occur until 48 hours later. It wasn't until I was on a carnivore diet and then occasionally eating other things that I was able to discover it.

I am confident that most people, if they experimented with an elimination diet, would discover at least one food item that is making them feel like shit.

Fortunate

You can't attribute every case of depression or anxiety to diet but I would agree that it is a major factor for many people. I can reliably induce depression in myself by eating a good-sized serving of cheese. It took me forever to figure this out because the symptoms don't occur until 48 hours later. It wasn't until I was on a carnivore diet and then occasionally eating other things that I was able to discover it.

I am confident that most people, if they experimented with an elimination diet, would discover at least one food item that is making them feel like shit.
Diet is critical. I altered my diet significantly to try to treat my migraines. I am not currently is diligent as I used to be, but dramatically reduced carb intake and increased fat and protein intake. Overall, much better energy and does seem to have improved headaches.

Fortunate

I would love some guys who are having these issues to get their hands on some Xyosted. I am curious if the alcohol content in multi-use vial formulations contributes to the heart pounding by one mechanism or another.

Xyosted is the only injectable that I tend to tolerate. That said, I think I still do get a little extra cardiovascular “oomph“ with it, but maybe not as severe as other formulations.

Cynice49

I would love some guys who are having these issues to get their hands on some Xyosted. I am curious if the alcohol content in multi-use vial formulations contributes to the heart pounding by one mechanism or another.

Xyosted is the only injectable that I tend to tolerate. That said, I think I still do get a little extra cardiovascular “oomph“ with it, but maybe not as severe as other formulations.
wish it wasn't so expensive......

I had always thought about switching to cream just to see if it would make a difference. There has been researched conducted around hypersensitivity to BB. Ive only ever used test cap, originally cottonseed but I've been using empower for the past 6 months w/ GS. honestly, no difference.

I have found injecting air and replacing it 24 hours later a few times has sorted the issue out for me. I’m no chemist but could the exposure of alcohol to oxygen injecting in be oxygenating it somehow?

D0UG

Blood pressure is around 105/65. I can't remember the exact numbers but my A1C and cholesterol are good. Cardiac calcium score is something I haven't gotten before. FYI I'm only 29.
First, I don't understand why you need Testosterone supplementation at 29 years old though there are medical reasons for this.

Second, please do get a calcium scoring. I had no irregular heartbeats and my EKG looked good but I was not confident my heart was good. My dad passed away at 47 with massive heart attack. Insurance would not cover it so I paid $100 out of pocket for the calcium scoring that came back 800. I had heart surgery 3 days later. You have somehting wrong, and you need to find out what.

For anyone following or interested, I’ve switched to sustanon, doing daily shots like I was on cypionate. I have found this heart pounding issue and vasodilating issue has basically gone. Looking at the chemical make up of both it seems that aside from esters, the only difference is that sustanon has now Benzyl Benzoate. I wonder if that is the culprit?

Edit: sustanon has no benzyl benzoate.

Last edited:

Gman86

For anyone following or interested, I’ve switched to sustanon, doing daily shots like I was on cypionate. I have found this heart pounding issue and vasodilating issue has basically gone. Looking at the chemical make up of both it seems that aside from esters, the only difference is that sustanon has now Benzyl Benzoate. I wonder if that is the culprit?
Benzyl benzoate is an insect repellent. Ur saying that maybe the fact that sustanon has benzyl benzoate in it resolved the issues u were having on cyp? Anything is possible obv, but usually when u add toxic chemicals to things, it doesn’t improve negative health related symptoms. But again, anything is possible

Willyt

If anything, benzyl benzoate would make it worse if vasodilating is indeed the cause.

Vasodilation - Wikipedia
BENZYL BENZOATE also "has vasodilating and spasmolytic effects and is present in many asthma and whooping cough drugs."

If anything, benzyl benzoate would make it worse if vasodilating is indeed the cause.

Vasodilation - Wikipedia
BENZYL BENZOATE also "has vasodilating and spasmolytic effects and is present in many asthma and whooping cough drugs."

Benzyl benzoate is an insect repellent. Ur saying that maybe the fact that sustanon has benzyl benzoate in it resolved the issues u were having on cyp? Anything is possible obv, but usually when u add toxic chemicals to things, it doesn’t improve negative health related symptoms. But again, anything is possible
Now was typo for no, my apologies.

T

tareload

Update of sorts.

Still going at 160 mg/week of TC or TC4:TP1 blend.

Esicitalopram really quiets the anxiety. A little too quiet. Mood is bad.

NOTE: for me move to Case against ADs thread. I posted wrong spot.

Fortunate

Give it at least a few months on the SSRI. First 4 weeks were really rocky. After that the anxiety really subsided. I will take depressed and emotionally blunted over panic / anxiety every time.

But you gotta know how to deal with depression. I have lots of practice. SSRIs should be called depressants instead of antidepressants. Definitely suppress anxiety and depress mood for me.
@tareload, I know you mentioned in the past you have sertraline on hand, but you use lexapro. Have you ever been on sertraline? If so, how would you compare the experience to lexapro? I have been on it for a few months, but have been dropping the dose over time because of side effects.

Where is readolot? Kicking ass in the gym or busy at the library?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me