Question about dosage and heart rate

Buy Lab Tests Online

groz

I would greatly appreciate some help with the following two questions. I have been on testosterone injections now for 3 months. I am doing 0.5 mL twice a week of 200 mg/mL. Is that considered a high dose? The reason I ask is that my heart rate is up and at times feels like it's pounding pretty hard. Can this be due to then injections? Thanks for any help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Testosterone doses are measured in milligrams, not ml - the latter is an expression of volume. I assume, though,that you are taking 100mg of testosterone twice a week. That is at the upper end of a TRT dose. Some men deal with that with no problems, and, depending on other factors, SHBG, for example, such a dose may be necessary. What does your most recent bloodwork show - testosterone (total and free), SHBG, and estradiol (sensitive)?

As for heart rate, that is possibly the result of your TRT. Does it only occur following your injection? Consistently without regard for when you inject? What does your doctor say?

groz

I have not had SHBG taken but plan to at my next labs. My last labs were at the beginning of June.
Total 736 range 348-1197
Free 15.7 range 6.8-21.5
E2 22.5 range 8-35

I was wondering whether to take the issue to my family doctor or if it was testosterone related then I would check with Defy. Thanks!

groz

I think the heart rate issue comes and goes. It's hard to say that it's only after injecting but it definitely started after getting on testosterone.

maxadvance

Have you even measured your heart rate and blood pressure? The term 'pounding pretty hard' doesn't mean much without any numbers.

groz

Yes, heart rate is ranging from 75-85 bpm. Blood pressure has been up and down. Today it was 143/75 then later 124/77.

groz

I had anxiety that lasted about 6 years. I took medications then tapered off and the anxiety went away. I felt "worked up" for sure but no heart rate issues or pounding heart at night.

James

it definitely started after getting on testosterone.

If it definitely started after getting on testosterone, there's a chance your 200 milligrams a week has something to do with it. Like Coastwatcher said, that's at the high end of TRT. Wouldn't hurt to talk with the doc about cutting that dose down for 6 weeks and see how you feel, what you're labs look like, and if your heart rate improves.

groz

I'm going for blood work on Friday. I will post that if anything looks questionable. Probably the first thing I'm going to try is going to 3 shots a week instead of 2 unless my testosterone comes back high but I don't think that's the case. I definitely noticed increased heart rate on the day of injection for my last two. Thanks!

James

groz - don't get emotionally attached to that dose. A lot of guys here, myself included, have played that game before and feel much better better with a lower dose. The highest dose I've personally ever had was 160 milligrams a week and I felt so much better when I dropped it all the way down to 100 milligrams a week. Good luck.

James

groz - don't get emotionally attached to that dose. A lot of guys here, myself included, have played that game before and feel much better better with a lower dose. The highest dose I've personally ever had was 160 milligrams a week and I felt so much better when I dropped it all the way down to 100 milligrams a week. Good luck.

My numbers weren't as high as they were when I was on 160 mg, but my numbers were still significantly higher than they were without trt and I felt so much better.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would greatly appreciate some help with the following two questions. I have been on testosterone injections now for 3 months. I am doing 0.5 mL twice a week of 200 mg/mL. Is that considered a high dose? The reason I ask is that my heart rate is up and at times feels like it's pounding pretty hard. Can this be due to then injections? Thanks for any help!

I inject 100mg of t and 500iu of HCG every 3 1/2 days and for whatever reason, my blood pressure is now lower. I donated blood today and it was 110/72 pulse 60.

groz

Like you all said, I'm not attached to having really high testosterone. I just want to have some strength and energy. Donating blood probably will happen soon but I thought I would see where my hematocrit is first. I'm still in the early stages of TRT and it likely will take some time to get dialed in. I don't like increased heart rate though.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Some guys have this issue. In fact, it was the main reason a TRT study in old men was halted. It can go away in most cases.

Strange Side effect when using Hcg injections ( warm skin/ heart ...

www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?...(...heart-palpitations...

heart palpitations ). Hi (i posted this in the wrong forum Before) I have a question ...

[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]
Strange Side effect when using Hcg injections ( warm skin/

[/TD]

Heart palpitations, high HCT [Archive] - ExcelMale.com -

www.excelmale.com/archive/index.php/t-1607.html

heart palpitations this past week. Got blood work yesterday. HCT is 53.1. Am I going to ...

[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]This could be an anxiety response but I've been having

[/TD]

trt effect on resting heart rate

www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?7107-trt-effect-on...heart...

heart palpitations many years prior to starting trt. I haven't had any since. It was never anything serious, just a little scary when your ...

[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-thumbnail gsc-thumbnail"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: gsc-table-cell-snippet-close"]
I've had

[/TD]

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones