guys that switched from transdermals to injections was it positive or any negatives?

Buy Lab Tests Online

roadglide

Had my follow up and made the move to injections. Won't start until next week. Just wondering what the difference might be? My T on trandermals was only 430. Hoping to get up to 800-1000 range and feel better most importantly. Did the two different types of T have different effects?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

The move to injections was the key to getting things lined up. My levels on topicals didn't even match yours - I essentially had no improvement. I noticed dramatic, positive changes within a week of making the switch. It took a bit of tweeking to get where I want to be (and I'm somewhat of an outlier, I inject 16mg of test -E every day), but it's all worth it.

roadglide

Glad to hear CW, just wondering if I made the right choice. I was only doing 100mg. Skipped upping the dose and went straight to injections.

T-dog

To answer your question, transdermals did nothing for me. It wasn't until I switched to injections that anything started to change. I'm sure it also helped that I switched to a doctor who was extremely well-versed in what I needed to do.

And that's not to say I'm all better now because of injections. It's been a few months over a year now and I'm still trying to fine tune to bring me back to my old self. But my numbers were lower than yours, and raised up to just above where you'd like to be.

I'll throw this in as a bonus...testosterone shots (which I take in my outer leg) are not a problem at all anymore. At first it took me 15-20 minutes to do it, but now that I'm used to it I've got no worries or issues. Good luck.

roadglide

Sounds like you're doing much better and on your way t-dog. Good deal man, and good input. Thank you!

I need to search the archives some but injecting every three days is what I believe the Doc said. How much is a typical dose doing it this way. I'll have to read the directions again when I receive my prescription.

Sean Mosher

I had pretty good success with a transdermal for about a year and then it slowly stopped working.
Seems that many folks on this site who've used transdermals end up switching to injections with good success.
I definitely think you're on the right path.
Keep us posted!

ERO

Sounds like you're doing much better and on your way t-dog. Good deal man, and good input. Thank you!

I need to search the archives some but injecting every three days is what I believe the Doc said. How much is a typical dose doing it this way. I'll have to read the directions again when I receive my prescription.

Typical dose is 50mg every 3.5 days. (Monday morning, Thursday evening as an example). If your Testosterone is 200mg/ml, that works out to the 25 mark on a standard 1ml insulin syringe.

T-dog

Typical dose depends on the person, obviously. That's why there is no one-size-fits-all, and why people have to get dialed in.

But if you're just looking for ballpark to see how full the needle will be, I'm guessing typically for twice a week, you'd draw anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th mark on a syringe (for a 200mg cypionate). That's dumbed down, and you'd have to check the archives like you mentioned to see what people's protocols are on here

I did it for 3-4 months with my GP with no HCG or E2 management, I got to a TT of 582 on 3 pumps of Androgel. This Dr left and I was left with a female that basically refused to participate in my therapy so I started my journey with injectables. Other than, I really couldn't afford the Androgel even with insurance picking up 50%. I liked, it was working for me in that short period and I knew I was 100% on the right course, to continue it.

OMI100

I do reeeealy well on TD. 200mg/ml and I use 1/2 ml/day or 100mg/day. I use a compounded TD cream from Empower and it is a LOT cheaper than the big pharma stuff that is out there. Most likely less than what my co-pay would be. If you are on a TD (big pharma type) and it is not working try getting a script to Empower. They ship to almost every state (ck their web site) and give them a try....

Vitamin_C

my natural levels prior to TRT were in the high 400's, low 500's. Not optimal, but not terrible, so I wanted to give TRT a ride and see how I did (I am a 33 year old healthy male.) Worse case scenario I get off and reboot back to my baseline. I started with compounded T-gel at 50mg per day and 500 IU of hcg in divided dosages. This regiment got me about 480 TT, so pretty much what I was naturally. I switched to 100mg per day with the T-gel and this got me about 580 TT, a little better but I felt like I could get that high naturally. My compounding pharmacy filled my next RX with T-cream instead of gel, I said what the hell lets try it out. My TT came back in the high 400's, but DHT was a little above max range (All topical labs were taken 2-3 hours after application on delts or upper back). Felt decent, not spectacular, TT was still not optimal. My doctor and I discussed of upping my topical to 200mg/day or going back to injections. I have a bottle of Cypionate at home so I opted to try injection and I have been doing SUB Q 60mg Tue/Fri witch 250 IU HCG M/W/F for about 3 weeks. Cypionate is injected with a 30g 1/2 into my upper glutes on the fat pad. Don't notice anything quite yet as far as subjective experiences. I have labs and appointment with my TRT doc in about a month but I am going to see my PCP next week for labs and I told him to throw in a TT so I will see where this regiment is taking me as far as TT. To be honest, I almost felt better on topical but I will ride out sub Q injections at least until my next appointment with my TRT doc. If I don't feel any better, I might actually go back to a high dose T-gel (200mg per day) and see if that can raise me higher than a TT of 580 on 100mg/day.

roadglide

Interesting VITC, sounds like you are keeping good tabs on your regiment. I thought about going 200mg as well but I'm kind of a hairy guy and I'm running out of real estate not populated with hair. I was doing my delts also. My girlfriend noticed I was getting hairier, and reading other posts this seemed to be more common with transdermals. I'm also starting DHEA troches 25mg twice a day. Be intertsing to see how your lab results turn out. I'll be doing labs 30 days from Monday myself and will post.

On a side note how much Vitammin C do you take?

Vitamin_C

Interesting VITC, sounds like you are keeping good tabs on your regiment. I thought about going 200mg as well but I'm kind of a hairy guy and I'm running out of real estate not populated with hair. I was doing my delts also. My girlfriend noticed I was getting hairier, and reading other posts this seemed to be more common with transdermals. I'm also starting DHEA troches 25mg twice a day. Be intertsing to see how your lab results turn out. I'll be doing labs 30 days from Monday myself and will post.

On a side note how much Vitammin C do you take?

2g daily or 4g if I'm under the weather

Speed

The move to injections was the key to getting things lined up. My levels on topicals didn't even match yours - I essentially had no improvement. I noticed dramatic, positive changes within a week of making the switch. It took a bit of tweeking to get where I want to be (and I'm somewhat of an outlier, I inject 16mg of test -E every day), but it's all worth it.

Coast, please post your T and E2 levels before ED injections and now ? Are you also low SHBG like me ? I had a constant problem with managing E2 with my low SHBG. I'll try in the future 20mg ED of T like you. Are you IN subq or IM ?

CoastWatcher

As requested -

Total testosterone prior to TRT - 197/E2 prior to TRT - 16/SHBG prior to TRT - 22

Total testosterone after three months of Androgel - 345/E2 after three months of Androgel - 26

Total testosterone, 16mg Test-E every day - 935/E2 , 16mg Test-E every day - 25

I had been injecting 60mg/every 3.5 days. My total testosterone was at 1064 and my E2 jumped to 55. My doctor always tries to manage estradiol without an AI, and we agreed to give this protocol a try. Dr. Saya has posted here that daily injections achieve true, steady-state blood levels. I feel great; I do use HCG but have never taken Anastrozole.

Last edited:

Speed

Thanks. Is this mistype "30mg/every 3.5 days" ? Maybe you mean e2d ? How much hcg are you using? Do you inject subq or im ?

bruin

Wow.........Coastwatcher, I have the same protocol history as you past and current, but on half the HCG dose yet I also dose daily .

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me