Former alcohol abuse / Low T / Clomid and HCG Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

Olly717

Hello all,
I am in a really dark place at the moment and I pray that something will help pull me out. I became a heavy alcoholic about 8 years ago and now finally I got it under control. I haven't felt right for the last 5 years and by that I mean all of the symptoms of low T have been plaguing me. Especially depression and no sex drive. I have even had many bouts with suicidal thoughts, it has been that bad. But I am feeling better know that I have been able to get off of alcohol.

I had my T checked and it was 501 ng/dL and the free T was at 83.4 pg/mL. So not extremely low, but I am having all of the side effects of low T! My doctor started me on clomid 50mg 3 times a week and I believe she is going to get me on HCG as well. The hope is that clomid + HCG will be enough to pull me out of this hell I am in. I am also trying to get my DR to put me on Exemestane as well because I have read that it helps with mood libdo and estrogen levels.

I have only been on Clomid one week so far. We are wondering if my low T will recover naturally since cessation of alcohol abuse, so you know I have only been of of alcohol for about one month. I am 36 and I do want to have kids otherwise I would go straight to TRT. In Nelson Vergel's book he mentioned that clomid + HCG only helps people normalize that have been on steroids in the past and that it doesn't usually work on someone that had hypogonadism to begin with. I have never been on any type of TRT in the past. My question is, do you think HCG and clomid is worth a try to pull me out of the symptoms of low T and have you heard of Exemestane (commonly known as Aromasin) I have heard it is better than Arimidex or any aromatase inhibitor for that matter. Thank you very much for any advice or thoughts.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
50 mg of clomid is just too high, causes too many side effects. Men do better low dose clomid, 12.5 mg

CoastWatcher

You are working on many aspects of your health, and we welcome you to Excelmale. Do you have lab values that you can post? Everything you ran, but most importantly, total and free testosterone, LH, FSH, and SHBG. All critical values for anyone working with a Clomid protocol. Please include your ranges.

As to your question, does Clomid only work for those who may have shut down their axis with steroids, the short answer is: if you are not dealing with a case of primary hypogonadism, if the problem isn't testicular in origin, Clomid MAY work for you. That is what Nelson wrote - he was explaining that primary hypogonadism was unresponsive to a Clomid effort. There are no guarantees. Clomid success is not a given. But a well - designed protocol may be worth your effort.

Olly717

My doctor only ran free and total testosterone and that is attached. I am going to ask her to run the the rest LH, FSH and SHBG.
I feel like clomid is working, I can really tell a difference in the gym. Just suddenly stronger and I have noticed a better pump while lifting. But yes I need the other test results.

Attachments

• Testosterone.pdf
    85.6 KB · Views: 121

SilverSurfer

Alcohol abuse long term raises prolactin and estrogen levels. Your levels will rebound over the next 120 days or so. I’m a recovering addict and alcoholic. Do you have a recovery program in place to help prevent relapse? The medication Campral helps curb cravings. Few to no side effects. Anabuse might be another medication to consider this early in your cessation.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

My doctor only ran free and total testosterone and that is attached. I am going to ask her to run the the rest LH, FSH and SHBG.
I feel like clomid is working, I can really tell a difference in the gym. Just suddenly stronger and I have noticed a better pump while lifting. But yes I need the other test results.
So, your doctor sent you off on a Clomid protocol that features a Clomid dose too high and likely to result in unwanted side-effects. Only two of the essential lab tests were run.

That makes one wonder if you're working with someone who understandsmhiw this game is played. When were you instructed to run your first follow-up panels?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me