Does cabergoline improve ED? Why do body builders take it?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Do u mind sharing what dose u take?

Also, do u just get this prescribed by ur doctor and pick it up at any local pharmacy?
Taking 1.25 mg daily. Obtained from AllDayChemist.

@Cataceous any mental benefits from taking selegiline? It acts on the dopamine system like caber does correct?
Nothing immediately noticeable, though the hope is that there are long-term benefits.

Cabergoline is a direct dopamine receptor agonist. In contrast, selegiline inhibits MAO-B. MAO-B degrades dopamine, among other things. Per Wikipedia, "Alzheimer's disease (AD) and Parkinson's disease (PD) are both associated with elevated levels of MAO-B in the brain. MAO-B levels have been found to increase with age, suggesting a role in natural age related cognitive decline and the increased likelihood of developing neurological diseases later in life."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Taking 1.25 mg daily. Obtained from AllDayChemist.

Nothing immediately noticeable, though the hope is that there are long-term benefits.

Cabergoline is a direct dopamine receptor agonist. In contrast, selegiline inhibits MAO-B. MAO-B degrades dopamine, among other things. Per Wikipedia, "Alzheimer's disease (AD) and Parkinson's disease (PD) are both associated with elevated levels of MAO-B in the brain. MAO-B levels have been found to increase with age, suggesting a role in natural age related cognitive decline and the increased likelihood of developing neurological diseases later in life."

But it’s already helped u with libido and finishing?

Also, goodrx has it for very cheap prices. Any reason u don’t just have ur doctor prescribe it?

Gman86

@Cataceous selegiline seems very promising. Can I ask u if u think there’s any scenarios where someone should choose cabergoline over selegiline? Or if one had the choice of both, they should always choose selegiline? In ur opinion

Cataceous

Super Moderator
But it’s already helped u with libido and finishing?

Also, goodrx has it for very cheap prices. Any reason u don’t just have ur doctor prescribe it?
Regarding cause and effect, cabergoline definitely helped. After that it gets complicated. I changed my TRT protocol significantly, added selegiline, found prolactin was going too low, dropped cabergoline, and ended up even better off. The later improvements may have been more from the new TRT protocol, which drops hCG in favor of endogenous LH and FSH.

I'd have to doctor-shop if I wanted a prescription for selegiline. No way my GP would prescribe most of the things I take. It's possible Defy would if I discussed it with them.

@Cataceous selegiline seems very promising. Can I ask u if u think there’s any scenarios where someone should choose cabergoline over selegiline? Or if one had the choice of both, they should always choose selegiline? In ur opinion
Based on what I know now, for small reductions in prolactin I would try selegiline first due to its other possible benefits, especially in those who are older. But it seems that for purely lowering prolactin, cabergoline is the medically preferred drug. It may be that the dose of selegiline needed to treat a prolactinoma would be too large to be practical, causing serious side effects. This is just a guess, as I am relatively new to both drugs.

Gman86

Regarding cause and effect, cabergoline definitely helped. After that it gets complicated. I changed my TRT protocol significantly, added selegiline, found prolactin was going too low, dropped cabergoline, and ended up even better off. The later improvements may have been more from the new TRT protocol, which drops hCG in favor of endogenous LH and FSH.

I'd have to doctor-shop if I wanted a prescription for selegiline. No way my GP would prescribe most of the things I take. It's possible Defy would if I discussed it with them.

Based on what I know now, for small reductions in prolactin I would try selegiline first due to its other possible benefits, especially in those who are older. But it seems that for purely lowering prolactin, cabergoline is the medically preferred drug. It may be that the dose of selegiline needed to treat a prolactinoma would be too large to be practical, causing serious side effects. This is just a guess, as I am relatively new to both drugs.

You’ve been extremely helpful! Thanks so much for all the info. I think I’m going to try and get prescribed selegiline over caber, and see how it goes. Cabers always an option if selegiline doesn’t do the trick.

Gman86

I see there is a lot of discussion about that mode of administration. But no, I haven't though about trying it.

Been doing a TON of research on this med since yesterday. Definitely think it’s the way to go over cabergoline. Cabergoline doesn’t seem like the safest med to take long term.

How strong do u think the prolactin lowering effects of selegiline are, based on ur research?

Also, have u tried or thought about increasing ur dose at all, or is 1.5mg per day as high as ur willing to go? Do u feel good overall and don’t want to tinker with anything?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
How strong do u think the prolactin lowering effects of selegiline are, based on ur research?

Also, have u tried or thought about increasing ur dose at all, or is 1.5mg per day as high as ur willing to go? Do u feel good overall and don’t want to tinker with anything?
I can't say anything definitive about the relative strength of selegiline for lowering prolactin. I didn't have my tests at the right times to determine how much of an additive effect there was with cabergoline. Looking back, I see that 62.5 mcg cabergoline twice a week seemed to lower prolactin from 11 to 8 ng/mL. I titrated up to 31 mcg daily, which in combination with the selegiline and the new TRT protocol sent prolactin below 2 ng/mL. That's when I dropped the cabergoline.

Even though I feel good overall now, I'm interested in eventually moving to a higher dose of selegiline, say 2.5 mg. But only if prolactin is not on the low side.

Gman86

I can't say anything definitive about the relative strength of selegiline for lowering prolactin. I didn't have my tests at the right times to determine how much of an additive effect there was with cabergoline. Looking back, I see that 62.5 mcg cabergoline twice a week seemed to lower prolactin from 11 to 8 ng/mL. I titrated up to 31 mcg daily, which in combination with the selegiline and the new TRT protocol sent prolactin below 2 ng/mL. That's when I dropped the cabergoline.

Even though I feel good overall now, I'm interested in eventually moving to a higher dose of selegiline, say 2.5 mg. But only if prolactin is not on the low side.

Very curious to see where ur prolactin levels are. Any idea when u might check ur level?

Also, selegiline can start to also inhibit MAO-A, when doses start to get higher. Do u think this would be a good thing for u, or something u would like to avoid? Are u strictly only looking for the MAO-B inhibition? When it starts to inhibit MAO-A, u get into the antidepressant category with selegiline.

I personally have zero depression or anxiety on my current protocol, so I think I want to completely avoid any MAO-A inhibition. I also heard that when taken sublingually or the buccal route, with selegiline, it can inhibit MAO-A, regardless of the dose, as far as I know. Orally, it only inhibits MAO-A in higher doses. I’ve heard even 2.5mg/ day can start getting into the realm of inhibiting MAO-A tho.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Very curious to see where ur prolactin levels are. Any idea when u might check ur level?

Also, selegiline can start to also inhibit MAO-A, when doses start to get higher. Do u think this would be a good thing for u, or something u would like to avoid? Are u strictly only looking for the MAO-B inhibition? When it starts to inhibit MAO-A, u get into the antidepressant category with selegiline.
Not sure when I'll check prolactin next. I suspect it's back around 5-7, but there's no way to know how much difference the selegiline dose makes compared to the significant TRT changes.

I haven't thought much about getting into MAO-A-inhibition with higher doses. This abstract and this study suggest a cutoff higher than several milligrams per day, which would make it less of a concern.

Gman86

Not sure when I'll check prolactin next. I suspect it's back around 5-7, but there's no way to know how much difference the selegiline dose makes compared to the significant TRT changes.

I haven't thought much about getting into MAO-A-inhibition with higher doses. This abstract and this study suggest a cutoff higher than several milligrams per day, which would make it less of a concern.

Quick question. Does increased prolactin lower dopamine levels?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Quick question. Does increased prolactin lower dopamine levels?
Maybe not causally, but the effects should be correlated through estrogens: "A key regulator of prolactin production is estrogens that enhance growth of prolactin-producing cells and stimulate prolactin production directly, as well as suppressing dopamine."[R]

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me